13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 4:48 AM by stokoe1011 RSS

If I buy a other COD game

MersDragon

I will cut my self to death. bullshit games...i cant believe activision and treyarch did it this way. only 1 DLC released. no servers already. Joined 260ms games murdered by the some noob has 40ms ping over and over again. it is hurt us badly, it is hurt COD Multiplayer reputation badly.

• Re: If I buy a other COD game
    BlackFire49

I don't know why all have a problem with this Game yeah it has bugs but the Game is good.

I also complain sometimes but only if i got Angry over something but to say this Game is bad.

about the DLC, 1 DLC is ok if i look how old Black Ops 2 is.

About your Problem with the Server it isn't the fault from Activision or Treyarch there can't Host a Server everywhere, or do you want to Pay for the Server??  because if there would more and more Server we would need to Pay for Playing on the Server.

Ai-Silentshot

BlackFire49 wrote:

I don't know why all have a problem with this Game yeah it has bugs but the Game is good.

I also complain sometimes but only if i got Angry over something but to say this Game is bad.

about the DLC, 1 DLC is ok if i look how old Black Ops 2 is.

About your Problem with the Server it isn't the fault from Activision or Treyarch there can't Host a Server everywhere, or do you want to Pay for the Server??  because if there would more and more Server we would need to Pay for Playing on the Server.

Doesnt make any sense

Dedicated servers like cod 4 were amazing.

MK-47

and the hackers in cod 4 are amazing too.If you go on netsky servers you will see alot of them but no admins.But in bo2 treyarch is doing something to ban those scums.what black fire said is true.they havent got enough servers.

Maxscart

Where you even there for COD4? At the time when it was glorious and the newest COD, the servers WERE managed and any hacker was kicked from it. Of course, not anymore since most have moved on to Black Ops 2 (and that games between it and COD4). Don't be ridiculous, you can't even compare server admins to a banning team.

MK-47

I have been playing cod 4 since it came out so yes I know.ofcourse you cant compare server admins to a banning team coz I was unfairly banned many times from cod 4 servers just bcoz admins thought i was hacking.IN BO 2 they have a dedicated anti cheat team.The team is getting paid to do this particular job whereas in cod 4 server admins got bored of sitting in servers,spectating/recording hackers plus they didnt get paid to do the job.So they started issuing bans for legit players without even spectating or they just ignored the hackers.So yea you cant compare those admins with treyarch anti cheat team.they are doing a great job.

BlackFire49

Thats right but only if User's can maker there own Dedicated Server

stokoe1011

another fagg call of duty fanboy trying to make out the games is great nothing wrong with it when its the worst ever you just need to see how many are playing this piece of garbage and people playing previous games because you dont have to put up with this  bullshit 2 second delay deaths

d4o2t0

It is pretty sad what has happened to this franchise. Call of Duty is officially dead on PC, the player count so low that it's simply pathetic.  Even games like Civilization 5 end up with more players every day. (which was completely unheard of back in the time of CoD4/WaW)

The really sad thing is how it REALLY looks like Activision/IW/3arc wanted to slowly sabotage and downgrade the PC version over time.

MW2 - Instead of adding the P2P matchmaking ALONGSIDE proper rentable servers (thus solving EVERY complaint they EVER recieved about CoD4 or WaW) they removed dedi's entirely, thus FORCING everyone to play with no rules with hackers and troublemakers running free.

BO - They gave us back rented servers in a form that was GUARANTEED to cause a massive number of complaints. Locked to one GSP. No progression in unranked (thus causing admins to make their "custom rule" servers ranked) and very poor RCON which forced admins to rely on the kick/ban feature. (which remember the devs encouraged admins to kick for ANY reason on ranked servers)

MW3 - They released both systems while SERIOUSLY destroying the playability and usefulness of the rented servers. Off by default, CaC hidden in private match (which was in with the matchmaking sub-menus) Needlessly locked down to the same rules as ranked (flag icons, playercount, game timers, etc) no leveling up/prestiging (the #1 reason why most play CoD in the first place) the list goes on.     Their goal with MW3 was very clearly to push the community into matchmaking (the ONLY way to level up/prestige) in some effort to show that rented servers were not wanted.  - Except instead of moving to matchmaking a very large chunk of the community went back to CoD4, WaW, or BO.

Enter BO2 - They have now stuck us once again with FORCED matchmaking, only this time it's to "official" servers (that they can shut off at some point in the future - like after the newer titles release)   They put on a big song and dance about how they'll ban hackers and troublemakers, while only banning the stupildy obvious hackers (spinning 360's getting all headshots) and letting the rest run free for months (getting them hooked on the game before eventually banning them so they'll go buy another copy)     - The result is that BO2 has by far the lowest playercount of any previous CoD title.

They honestly may as well not even make any future CoD titles for the PC. Especially since the remaining PC playerbase is so low that it doesn't even warrant the time and cost of PC development. (even their cut and paste from Xbox development)  - If they cut the PC version of CoD most of the 25,000-30,000 players left in the franchise would simply switch to Xbox.

Of course if they stopped trying to downgrade the PC version by forcing a crap console gaming experience on us, they could release the next CoD with BOTH matchmaking to official serves and a browser to rented servers (with ALL servers allowing leveling up/prestiging) and the PC playerbase would explode in number once more...

But then again it would draw players to the superior PC version (like CoD4 and WaW did) and Activision does not want that. Because on consoles it's cheaper, faster, and easier for them to develop the game... Plus the console communities have VERY LOW standards for quality compared to the PC community.

{bhc}max|co

A1++++++ spot on m8.

BlackFire49

Yeah but i don't think only Activition and Trayarch is at fault  we Users are to because if we User don't always complain about this Game more Gamer would come i mean Black Ops2 makes fun

FURRIESANDPONIES

Infinity Ward made half of the games you're talking about here. Your timeline is also a little incomplete.

MW1 - Rented Servers.

WaW - Rented Servers.

MW2 - P2P Matchmaking

BO1 - Rented Servers

MW3 - P2P Matchmaking

BO2 - Dedicated Matchmaking

So look: Treyach has always provided Dedicated Servers in one way or another. Your main gripe here is with the mathmaking system (and it's a valid gripe, I'm no fan)... but lay blame where it's due. Treyarch does what they can to listen to their fanbase, but they still have to listen to their publisher (Activision).

d4o2t0

Why bother replying to a post you quite obviously did not even read?

The really sad thing is how it REALLY looks like Activision/IW/3arc wanted to slowly sabotage and downgrade the PC version over time.

It's also pretty clear that CoD4 and WaW are irrelevant in my "timeline" because they were BEFORE matchmaking was introduced to the PC version.

I am well aware which developer made which title, and I am also well aware that 3arc has worked very hard to make it look like they are listening to the PC community. However spend 10 minutes browsing the comments from moderators on the Xbox forum and compare it to their activity towards the PC community. It's quite clear that 3arc doesn't give a rats behind about the PC platform.