8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 5:14 PM by jasonroloff RSS

SERVERS!

What is up with the connection on the game this past week, It takes me ages to get into a game and when I do it's laggy as hell! It's not my connection either because my internet is perfect on other games but Black Ops 2, so will someone care to tell me what is up with the damn thing!

• Re: SERVERS!
    nicedrewishfela

Been working OK for me.

Have you at least tried to look at the things in your control? Power cycle your modem and router? Clear your cache... anything? Those things are in your control, may as well try it.. you'd be surprised how many times it corrects the issue.

Yeah I've done all that, A few of my friends are having the same trouble too :S

nicedrewishfela

This time of year is Spring Break across the US... could be more volume than usual as well with the kids being off school. I haven't played a lot as I myself was out of town and the times I did play on my return it seemed fine.

I notice more issues during high traffic periods like holidays, prime playing times during the day, or Double XP weekends.

SitRepPro

Yes but I thought the more people were playing the game, the increased chances that there are more people with a lower ping time between everyone in the lobby, therefore less lag?!

nicedrewishfela

Also more chances to get folks with lousy connections. Its just my observation.

SitRepPro

That's true.  It's kinda why I mostly dodge weekdays 5pm-7pm.  Some how I appear to be going against the world's best players who have ridiculously awesome reaction times and amazing aim.  Since it's often overly exggerated during this time I figured connections are playing at least some part.  It's less of an issue during Saturdays for me but sometimes it's noticeable.

jasonroloff

I've noticed for me the bad times are 4-6pm. I always figured it was the good kids being out of school. Damn whipper-snappers.

Lately the game has been playing great for me. All my stats are showing an increase too. Definitely no trouble finding games.

PINKnRED

I cant say that i have the laddy issue unless the host just really sucks. The Issue i seem to have is once i get in the game and everything gets going good it just drops every body out. I hate it,