31 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2013 11:45 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

Did Black Ops 2 will Influence in MW4?

I Just wanna know if Treyarch and IW got a kind of agreement where the franchise its going, Take for example all this "Competitive" Stuff Vahn added to Black Ops 2, will the next game director from IW must follow the last steps?

The rummor/teaser of the "Back To The Basics" its a fresh air rather its official or not, but the point is... Do they must follow all the COD Casting, League, Ghost Nerf, Etc... !?

Like it or not, Black ops 2 was a game changer on the franchise. or not?

• Re: Did Black Ops 2 will Influence in MW4?
    codchamp

No. I have never seen Infinity Ward take content from any of treyarch's games. Obviously nothing has been public yet. But i am sure the next game will be a Infinity Ward product and most likely will also have the biggest changes to the franchise. I suspect it will be a major title release with a new Xbox this holiday season.

SitRepPro

It will be interesting if they adopt 3arc's pointstreak system.

codchamp

LOL actually Treyarch adopted IW's scorestreak system. The only thing was they condesed it into one tier instead of having two tiers.

SitRepPro

Eh?  I should have said score.  Either way, it was designed so that people would actually play the objective for once.  It's why I barely played objective game modes in MW3 because people are too selfish to jump on a flag etc because it would endanger their chances of getting a Pred that they busted a gut to get.  Was one point extra worth it?  Not really.

ab36

Exactly, MW3 may have been smart about giving a point for capping an objective, but the score streak as opposed to a point streak changes the dynamics (for the better) immensely

codchamp

Well it was worth it in MW3. I was a objective player who ran hardline. 2 quick dom caps, a couple of kills along with a assist or two got me right into a reaper.

what people dont realize is it works out to be the same. In fact in Blops you get a little less from the points compared to what you got from MW3 in terms of streaks. I am talking about assault streaks specificly because they reset after death.

codchamp

But i will say one thing that was good for Blops 2. They give you more points on defending objectives. If you sit on a dom spot, HQ or hardpoint. You get much more score. In MW3 you still just got the same.

SitRepPro

I see.  Well, an issue with rewarding capping flags/planting or defusing bomb sites would be that they all counted the same and Domination is a lot easier in getting that extra bonus because everyone can jump on a flag to cap it.  In BO2, it's a shame that planting a bomb in Demolition counts the same as a flag cap in Domination.  But may be it's something to improve on in the future.  The worst thing I've had to do is solo cap a headquarter.

codchamp

I Agree. I think hardpoint gives you the biggest reward. 200 score. But i have friends that like getting on and off to keep getting 200. I on the other hand would rather cap it for 200 and defend it for 125 over and over. that is why i always sit on the HQ. 125 per kill and the score racks up very fast.

blb128

codchamp wrote:

LOL actually Treyarch adopted IW's scorestreak system. The only thing was they condesed it into one tier instead of having two tiers.

I wouldnt say they adopted IW's scorestreak system but rather took their idea of changing the way you obtain scroestreaks and made it better by setting values to everything you do. IW made everything worth a point across the board.

Restore_Hardcore

I just wish they would share each other's innovations! Each year multiplayer takes two steps forward and one step back. Can these two companies just unite and bring us an even better game each year? At this point IW and 3arc create two similar games and just slap the Call of Duty name on them, yes they have adopted some things from each other but if they actually worked closer together I think it would only benefit us all imo.

NoLifeKing29

I would just like to see IW come up with a good idea, something they haven't done since COD4.

nicedrewishfela

I am always kind of stunned each year by each Studio's lack of interest or ability to learn from the successes and failures of the previous title. I know that they are in development concurrently and MW4(if that is the title of course) was well underway when BO2 was released... but I would think you would use the previous game almost as a Beta for your own.

Take this game for example. I love the new Pick 10 system and I hope future games use some variety of it, however one has to wonder why Treyarch didn't fold Streaks into the classes like MW3 did. While the support packages received mixed responses mostly due to their content(Support not being a true "support" class for example), I think it was one of the rare times when the entire CoD community agreed on something in that they loved having the ability to assign different streaks to different classes.

We are seeing other Series start to catch up. CoD is still the most fun and replayable on the market, but I fear they will make the mistake of forgetting that they, too, need to continue to improve and innovate to keep this community happy. AC III, for example, included Naval sequences that received high praise from most. I don't think its surprising, then, that the next version announced that the Naval component is going to be a focus point of the next game. They tried something new in small, controlled doses in a predecessor, saw where it succeeded and failed, and confirmed they can build a game around it before announcing it to the world.

I think that the future of this series rests heavily on the next entry. With the Next Gen of consoles being released, they have to step up their game. While I personally want to see innovation and not just more of the same in the next title, I also want them to maintain the CoD feel that makes me enjoy the game so much. I do hope they use this game, as well as past titles in the series, to help determine the direction of future titles.

Proclaimor

Expect to see games that have less emphasis on skill and a wider appeal for little kids. The offerings are becoming so similar that you can't tell which company made the game until you see the label on the case. One thing that certainly will be a part of future titles is microtransactions.

ghamorra

I would be perfectly happy if the world forgot about Black Ops II

ChestSplittah

Not. Basically went bqck to the CoD4 basic perk system.  They just made perks into attachments.  Black Ops2 was inspired by IW concept after the WW era games.

ghosthound

Each studio designs games with their own pros and cons.

It would be nice though if they took what things worked well from the previous title. Of course there is often strong disagreement about which aspects have worked well and have been total fails.

Cod 4 may have been genisis but ever since then Treyarch have made more and arguably better steps forward than IW.

ChestSplittah

With what, my good man?

ghosthound

ChestSplittah wrote:

With what, my good man?

Treyarch introduced:

- locale only search (this might not be a big deal in the US, but in Australia it meant we stopped joining red-dot US games 50% of the time, IW didn't bother to replicate this in MW2 and players in Australia spent the first month of MW2 finding Australian lobbies only to then merge into a US one the next second ;

- noob tube ban off the spawn (noob tubes off the spawn was a plague in CoD4, especially in S&D - Treyarch stopped this in Waw);

- leathal grenade ban off the spawn;

- flak jacket (that works) ;

- the dolphin dive ;

- create your own emblem ;

- the pick 10 system (I may not agree that attachments are included in the 10 slots, but this is a great idea that changed up the create-a-class system');

IW introduced:

- last stand / final stand / martydom / juggernuat / painkiller etc, etc, etc;

- deathstreaks;

- riot shields ;

- scorestreaks that rewarded player even if they died repeatedly with ballistic vests and a fricking stealth bomber;

ChestSplittah

ghosthound wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

With what, my good man?

Treyarch introduced:

- locale only search (this might not be a big deal in the US, but in Australia it meant we stopped joining red-dot US games 50% of the time, IW didn't bother to replicate this in MW2 and players in Australia spent the first month of MW2 finding Australian lobbies only to then merge into a US one the next second ; I can see your point. I remember MW2 problems for teh Hobbits and Aussies.

- noob tube ban off the spawn (noob tubes off the spawn was a plague in CoD4, especially in S&D - Treyarch stopped this in Waw); Indeed

- leathal grenade ban off the spawn; They eventually made maps so small that withing a few seconds you were flashed and naded.

- flak jacket (that works) ; Black Ops was ridiculous,  suppressed damage from a plane dropping Hell upon thee. I still liked it in WaW and latter. 

- the dolphin dive ; *stars have been taken for this comment

- create your own emblem ; * reported for Tomfoolery

- the pick 10 system (I may not agree that attachments are included in the 10 slots, but this is a great idea that changed up the create-a-class system'); I really cant agree here. I think some attachments shouldve been left aas Perks to enhance the pick 10 options

IW introduced:

- last stand / final stand / martydom / juggernuat / painkiller etc, etc, etc; Stopping vs. Juggs

- deathstreaks; PK wasn't that bad, It was the only one I would equip. Treyarch made a DS a perk.

- riot shields ; I actually enjoyed people using these. They added some fun moments. 

- scorestreaks that rewarded player even if they died repeatedly with ballistic vests and a fricking stealth bomber; I can agree here. Though, Treyarch started awarding people for sucking with SC.