24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 9:41 AM by Nectron RSS

Battlefield 4

DemonHunter777

Wow, this is looking good. Never liked 1-3 with their cartoon looking graphics. Looks like they decided to join the 21st century on this one. Maybe treyarch will get a clue too.

• Re: Battlefield 4
    banned-again

never been a big battlefield fan but il get it just for the single player as usual for me even with all its little problems the cod series is still the best shooter out there

starbuckfrack

You have to remember that that was a PC playing as well as the fact it was campiagn mode.

Even though it looks good doesnt mean anything til I actually see some multiplayer games.

maccabi

DemonHunter777 wrote:

Wow, this is looking good. Never liked 1-3 with their cartoon looking graphics. Looks like they decided to join the 21st century on this one. Maybe treyarch will get a clue too.

apart from this is very off topic..

dont be fooled by fancy graphics.. Ea's favourite trick is too use pc gameplay run off an exceptionally high powered dedicated to running it pc system that allows all those amazing looking graphics, as it was that demo was run using a radeon 7790 which is basically the worlds fastest gpu atm (according to radeon ) and discounting the rest of the components for the pc  that gpu alone would set you back around £7-800.

on topic...

Every game runs demos that try to make their games look better than they really would be for the end user in the real world.. thats one thing i always respected Activision and CoD for when we see a gameplay demo its usually run off a console so we know what we're getting from the off.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It must be the 7990. That's the highest and most powerful one from the Radeon camp. That GPU still runs around $900 but they're mostly out of stock nowadays. The series 8xxx is about to launch in the next few months. I have a pair of 7970 in Crossfire and I'm on Eyefinity. I seldomly get to use them as BF3 is not my cup of tea. Maybe it's a great game for others but I swear I don't see my killers like 90% of the time. That game frustrates the hell out of me. I can't run and gun COD style on that game.

scott5199

The campaign plays the same as CoD for me looks as well.

I just find the multi player a little clunky. If they could make the MP 60Fps(if that's it) then it would be by far the best game.

DemonHunter777

SO I have been hornswoggled again.

xmrythem

the game engine is also crytek 3, which is far better than the mw2/3 & bo1/2 engine.

Just wait for their new engine and you'll be just as impressed.

I wish COD would use Unreal engine 4, that would be amazing.

wtcwarrior

I wonder how bad people would get flamed if we went to the BF forums and posted about how awesome MW4 or any COD game is...C'mon people this is for COD keep it on topic.....

DemonHunter777

Well, if I liked any of the battlefields I would be over on their forums and when a new COD came out I would bring it up. I am a COD fanboy,but Iam always hoping for the next big FPS no matter who makes it. I was a Halo fan at first. Then one day I decided to buy MW2 after hearing all the hype. Now I hate Halo multiplayer and love COD. It is just a darn shame I waited 6 months to buy MW2. I did not realize the games run in cycles at the time and MW2 is my all time favorite.

Restore_Hardcore

Battlefield has always had decent campaigns but their multiplayer on consoles has been disappointing. Their MP concept has been great but sadly the graphics have felt like a big step back compared to cod. If next gen can produce a clean and smooth online experience then it will be worth playing online but until then I'm buying it strictly for the campaign. So far the betas for bf3 and medal of honor have been an exact representation of the games, ugly.

"Battlefield has always had decent campaigns but their multiplayer on consoles has been disappointing"

This is a joke, right?

ab36

lol I know right, but I've heard some people say the Bad Company campaigns were better, just Battlefield 3's was surprisingly underwhelming. The Multiplayer's great though, even though the PC version has better graphics, FPS, and more players, which is huge to a lot of players, because some of the bigger maps on console are spent running/driving/flying around for a while until you find someone, kill/die and then repeat lol

But even on console, the graphics were better than Call of Duty in my opinion... But that's kind of iffy, because Battlefield on console was severely downgraded from its PC counterpart, so textures would still be loading while you played, there'd be graphical glitches, and what I figure is most notable to Call of Duty players, it was only 30 FPS. I still think 60 FPS on console should be the goal next generation, but it seems like that won't happen lol

vims1990

Eh, wasn't a fan of the BF3 campaign, preferred the Bad Company campaigns due to it's better story and hilarious characters. I wished DICE would have instead developed BC3, not BF4.

Personally, I think there's alot to look forward to in BF4 on next gen consoles.

No doubt it'll be average on the current gen consoles however it'll be a different experience on next gen consoles if say BF4 does run at 60fps and we may be able to have 64 players this time compared to the 24 players restriction in BF3.

doughxDude87

oh actually BF4 is on the new net gen systems if I am correct.  Pretty sure that was confirmed

vims1990

doughxDude87 wrote:

oh actually BF4 is on the new net gen systems if I am correct.  Pretty sure that was confirmed

I know that lol

However, it hasn't been confirmed on if there is going to be limitations on what next gen consoles can handle in comparison to PC. (i.e. fps, graphics and player limits). Those things will probably be confirmed during E3.

ghosthound

Yeah the Bad Company series had some personality, whereas BF3 was just like any other generic fps.

The footage so far of Bf4 looks great, but it probably won't look anywhere near as good as that even on the next gen consoles.

CoD will still rule when it comes to mp though.

vims1990

I'm pretty happy to sacrifice some graphics quality for 60fps and 64 players to be honest.

What COD for me thrives on is the 60fps, how smooth it plays and the party system works.

I played a bit of TDM & Conquest in BF3 but I hated the feel of the game on console. Also, the squad system failed considering how frustrating trying to get a party on the same team.

Restore_Hardcore

I enjoyed all the battlefield campaigns more than cod.

doughxDude87

I am looking forwar to BF4 the campaigns are whatever to me just like 90% of games.  I love the MP though.  On console it can get boring but it is still alot of fun on rush or metro/bazzar conquest.  The graphics are also amazing in BF3.  The amount of problems in COD is amazing considering the biggest complaints in BF3 are suppresion to an extent and a few guns that stand out but not OP in anyways like the guns in COD. 

a.d.p.alien

This looks really good.Action non stop. This is what I like, after all COD just does not evolve after all these years it allways crappy. Battlefield is getting better and better.Nice to see EA taking it to limit all the time.Looks like actully fighting in a real War Movie.Can't wait.

Nectron

It is funny how most people here are bashing on BF4 while cod has been the same for years. The same dried up overrated garbage which developers put 0% effort in. And i am laughing at the guy that said that bf3 had bad graphics... just lol! Look at cod graphics..