1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 12:29 PM by QwertyBoredom Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    SitRepPro

Heh.  I got a lot of avoids on my rep thing on Xbox with the Striker and this was AFTER it got it nerfs and I was so much better with the Model.  I was handicapping myself and I guess people hated on me for using the Striker.  M4 was my most used weapon.  Never thought to look at the killcams and see why ACRs and Type 95s killed me so often but I never regretted using the M4.

• 41. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    Leper_Messiah85

it is, and its glitchy giving away positions early, but i use it and even if they nerfed it like they do everything else, i would still use it for some weapons. on an LMG, its a life taker.

• 42. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    Brutalkillshots

All I can say is that its so easy to use its almost criminal/ban worthy ! Lol

• 43. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    nuttin2say

phxs72 wrote:

If anything Marksman taught MW3 players to be aware of the things that they couldn't see and factor them into their strategy.

You're kidding, right?

Because if it taught players to be aware of the things they couldn't see, then why the all the worry over Ghost and SitRep?

• 44. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    nuttin2say

darkstaar ... that was waaaaay too complicated for the halls of these forums. LOL

• 45. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    Restore_Hardcore

TF is a tool just like all the other magical perks we all use. If you talk crap about an attachment you shouldn't play with ANY perks or attachments cause most are fake and give you an advantage so counter the perks/attachments you don't like with other magical perks/attachments.

• 46. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    nuttin2say

Restore ... thinking about what you posted made me laugh.

You're absolutely right! Everyone complaining about this or that perk or attachment or whatever should run with no score streaks selected and with nothing, not even a gun, selected in their pick 10 slots.

Just run with a knife! That'll show 'em how much I hate overpowered stuff!!!

LOL!!!

• 47. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    Restore_Hardcore

Lol! The funny thing is that every time I did the no perks no attachment challenge I actually did better!

• 48. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    trialstardragon

Not OP at all, just easy to use and gets easy kills for those who otherwise would not have known to shoot at a target further away. I really dont mind it since I pretty much use cold blooded on all classses to deal with TF, dual band, and mms. What is virutally unseen most of the time in the game is the sensor grenade really.

• 49. Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?
    r8edtripx

PandasRpeople2 wrote:

Out of any weapon, attachment, perk, etc., it seems that the Target Finder gets the most hate.  I myself call it the "noob scope."  But is it actually overpowered?

I would contend that it is slightly overpowered.  It's the equivalent of MW3's Marksman perk, which I had no problem with.  However, Target Finder has two distinct advantages over Marksman:

1. Marksman was countered by Assassin Pro, which made it very unreliable since about 50% of players were running Assassin Pro in any case.  The Target Finder is countered by Cold Blooded, which for the most part is useful for nothing except countering Target Finder (i.e. that is its most relevant application) and is therefore seldom used.

2. As an attachment rather than a perk, Target Finder is easier to sneak into builds in the Pick 10 system, since you can run two attachments without needing to spend a point on a Wildcard.

I don't mind getting killed by campers.  But I do get a bit irked when I'm picked off across the map by an LMG user who never would've seen me at all without the Target Finder.  What do you think, though?  OP, or just annoying?

You made a great point in saying that Marksman can't really be compared to the Target Finder because Marksman was countered by an EXTREMELY popular perk.

Yeah, the Target Finder is definitely annoying, because once I see the enemy is using the TF, I have to give up Toughness for Cold Blooded. That split second where your brain doesn't have to recognize the enemy because the TF does it for you, does make a difference. ...and if, on top of that, you're on the wrong end of lag... Forget about it.

I always have a Target Finder class ready to go just in case. Fire with Fire.

I think I'd say that Marksman was underpowered more than I'd say the TF is overpowered.

If someone refuses to use Cold Blooded, when the enemy is using the Target Finder, then they're at a huge disadvantage.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next