31 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2013 8:22 PM by eko RSS

Season pass people should get @ least 1 free camo pack

xXxQuinnxXx

I think season pass people should at least get one free camo pack of there choice, I mean come on COD can share the love a lil bit i mean come on , it ant a big deal be cause there 160 MP but still i ant gonna waste my MP on that

• Re: Season pass people should get @ least 1 free camo pack
    NoLifeKing29

They arent running a charity.

FalconR6

Showing some love to loyal customers is called "goodwill" - its a long term business strategy. Happy customers are more willing to part with cash later down the road. You would think companies such as 3arc/acti would have sound advice based on economic modeling : In my book they are concentrating on the short term.

Considering past cods all had National Flag calling cards for free - I say 'cheeky'.

End of the day - it's their business.

Micro transactions are becoming more commonplace - we need to get use to it.

Soley88

Speaking of Season Pass. anyone know when we might get the next download pack.

Soley88

Speaking of Season Pass. anyone know when we might get the next download pack.

Proclaimor

I was just thinking there should be at least one ultra premium camo that costs at least 1600 msp. Also an emblem creator upgrade that adds five more layers and tiles your emblem on your weapon for custom camos for 4000 msp. Microtransactions create value and add opportunities where there was none. In the immortal words of P. T. Barnum...  

starbuckfrack

Not their fault your too cheap.

You paid for the season pass and you are going t get what you paid for.

God, they already gave you a free gun and a zombie game mode ALONG with the map pack.

gern

I've been pondering this some more.  Forget about the purchase agreement
    for the season pass for now, I know what it says about the 4 map packs
    and bla bla bla.  This boils down to the season pass holders feeling
    like they got ripped off, basically that they no longer belong to an
    exclusive club that supports BLOPS2.

The way I see, there are two camps in the BLOPS2 community:

1. those who are season pass holders.   I am a season pass holder.

2. Those who are not season pass.  Forget about them, sorry ImUndead.

Many of you have participated in "VIP" or "gold" member relationships
    with businesses and there can be good perks.   Many of the VIP perks
    require and extensive amount of purchasing, or a membership fee.  The
    BLOPS2 season pass holders feel like they are VIP members and Activision
    has now put them in their place by releasing DLC that is not
    free/discounted for season pass.   This is bad customer relations.

Activision has botched this from a customer relations and season pass relations point of view.

that6uy420

how so?  You were instructed that as a season pass holder you get the maps for that cost.. microtransactions have nothing to do with the season pass.  Quit acting like you are sitting in line waiting for a handout.

When you understand the model used for microtransations then this will make more sense.

I had a paid account for an old Mmorpg and when they released microtransations... you know what???  My paid sub still had to spend on the micro... why?  Because they are not meant to be included in the sub!

DeadlySeker

Okay, tell you what. You pick a free $2 camo pack and pay full price for one of the map packs in exchange.

No? Didn't think so.

Season Pass holders are getting exactly what they paid for. A discount on maps. Period. You are entitled to nothing else.

gern

I understand what I'm getting with the season pass and I said so in my post.   I also spent $12 on the new camo DLC and extra CAC slots DLC too. 

I'm trying to argue this from strictly a customer relations point of view.  Customer relationships are irrational and fuzzy.  

DeadlySeker

No, they're not. Customers just can't seem to read.

When the micro-DLC was completely separate from what was promised to the SP holders, there is no fuzziness. It was never even hinted at. Yet, everyone flocked here thinking Treyarch owed them the world.

It's customer ignorance more than anything else.

You couldn't walk into a Sears with a BOGO coupon for shoes and ask for a flat screen instead.

If people don't understand conditional savings, they should stop spending their money.

FalconR6

When Season Pass was implemented, a la Elite, there was no thought of "extra" DLC(micro transactions). This is where the fuzziness comes in. Boils down to expectations. Please don't insult people by saying they can't read. Hindsight is wonderful - we all know now to read, rather to expect; this is in accordance to what Cod gamers were use to: being that Season / Elite covered all furure DLC.

I'm old enough not to give a rats arse about 2 dollars here or there. But, 3arc/acti have caught some gamers off guard - and they feel miffed at paying more for camos, extra slots, and flags(previously free)

As I said above - It's their business. I try to look at situations at various perspectives - I'd rather play the Devil's Advocate than insult others  .

Want to know my exact thoughts on how DLC has been handled in BO2 - It's cheeky,, no more, no less.

maccabi

FalconR6 wrote:

When Season Pass was implemented, a la Elite, there was no thought of "extra" DLC(micro transactions). This is where the fuzziness comes in. Boils down to expectations. Please don't insult people by saying they can't read. Hindsight is wonderful - we all know now to read, rather to expect; this is in accordance to what Cod gamers were use to: being that Season / Elite covered all furure DLC.

I'm old enough not to give a rats arse about 2 dollars here or there. But, 3arc/acti have caught some gamers off guard - and they feel miffed at paying more for camos, extra slots, and flags(previously free)

As I said above - It's their business. I try to look at situations at various perspectives - I'd rather play the Devil's Advocate than insult others  .

Want to know my exact thoughts on how DLC has been handled in BO2 - It's cheeky,, no more, no less.

with respect that arguement carries no wieght, the season pass was clearly explained as to what it covered there was no ambiguity at all only players assumptions and their expectations not being met by not actually reading what they were buying,

Not saying Atvi havent screwed us over this year on some things  but the micro dlc/ season pass isnt one of the times.

phxs72

I think the core of Falcons arguement is that VIPs (Season Pass Holders) often get a number of freebies that go beyond their agreements as a sign of appreciation.  This years Season Pass holders got Nuketown Zombies at no additional cost while everyone else will have to pay for it if they want it.  So the model is in effect; however, Falcon thinks that the other microtransactions should have been thrown in as well.  My guess as to why he feels this way would be primarily because they are so cheap from an overal dollar position.  So it would have been an inexpensive jesture of appreciation.  That being said, the lower cost nature of these items will likely appeal to both Season Pass users and non-Season Pass users alike.  From a profit standpoint, Acitivison likely made the right call even though there has been some fallout.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to get any of the MTs.  If I do it will probably be a camo or two but that's probably it.  I'll have to get tired of the camos that I'm using already though for that to happen.  While $2 isn't much money, it is overpriced for what you are getting in my opinion but much like going to the movies, you are paying more so for the experience than the actual value of the goods.

FalconR6

Mac, I think we're closer in agreeing than you might think   . My above posts are just written from the perspective of what Cod gamers were "use to" - their assumptions and expectations based on how DLC worked previously.

To Phxs72 - I don't think 3arc/acti owe us anything. I don't think they "should" have thrown in all MT for for free. Merely - It would have been nice if they threw one of these MT's in for free.

Brutalkillshots

To be honest the DLC and game are excellent value for money ! What other media gives you a FULL year of entertainment~ 50% rage~50% lol ! For 90 quid ! None ! I could take my family out to the cinema with £100 and not have change for bus fare home !

Also the price of games have been constant for years ! I remember paying £40/£50 for Master System games !

Leper_Messiah85

i second it! im always up for free stuff! especially when i paid for it! wait...

one would be a nice gesture i agree. or the flag ones for everyone! i mean, i only wanted one flag not the whole pack! o well, i downloaded one and i dont use it anyways... i worked to hard for diamond primaries.

tinyman2010

They already got free calling cards once they purchsed the Season Pass, get over it. Camo's don't mean jack anyway, they don't improve gameplay in any way, shape or form.

eko

xXxQuinnxXx wrote:

I think season pass people should at least get one free camo pack of there choice, I mean come on COD can share the love a lil bit i mean come on , it ant a big deal be cause there 160 MP but still i ant gonna waste my MP on that

No they shouldn't.

If they did then that would be false advertisment.

Season pass is for 4 map packs. No more, no less.

I swear to Jebus I'm gonna sue Activision if they give me more than i paid for!

lol.