12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 9:50 AM by adgjmptw345 RSS

How do you move into higher divisions on League Play??

GALACT1C0s117

This season I've been playing League TDM instead of Pubs, and right now i'm ranked #1 in Platinum, I have about 1000 ladder points more than the #2 and I currently have a 6 winstreak, I always end up on top 3 of the leaderboard. I have also played against an all master team and beat them, They were all ranked top 50 Master, and 1 of them was ranked #1, so I doni't know how divisions work, or how you can move up on divisions? if anybody knows please answer, THANK YOU

• Re: How do you move into higher divisions on League Play??

Same situation here got 2000 points ahead 2nd place and 9 winstreaks but still stuck on platinum. My score is almost 10k but not promoted.

greenfox394

I think leveling up has a lot to do with a person's SPM, K/D, and W/L.  If you play league then I am guessing you have noticed that a lot of the Master's are actually noobs.  They get out their riot shields and then camp with light-weight machineguns and target finders.  They aren't any good, yet they are all high ranked and master class.  We versed 3 of these groups tonight and all the matches were sooo boring.  But, noobs like this managed to beat us twice which means Win-Streaks are probably the most important thing for moving up in Rank.  Which means a high enough win-streak will get you there.

I reached level 80 in my Platinum class before I reached master rank and it was during a 14 game win streak and after a 31-4 game.  My other buddy didn't reach master until he was ranked around 1st in Platinum and he reached Master after a 23-2 game during a 16 game win-streak. 

One of our other buddies was ranked first in the Iron Division during all of our win-streaks and never leveled up.  However, he didn't have any break-out games where he killed it.  So I think you need to string together a few really good games with high k/d's while on a large winning streak.  This will raise your SPM and hopefully get you to the next level. 

Also I  think previous ranks from past tournaments will get you to master faster as well.  A different group member ended with platinum during the previous league.  It took him 11 games to get to the Master Division.  He didn't really play that well during these 11 games, but we did win them all.

I got a lot good kdr game man, and my winning streak was above average. Also I do not understand how the scoring system worked? Sometimes get 10 points, 30, etc. I think league is about luck overall lol

greenfox394

The main thing in my opinion is winning streaks.  I'll give you my stats, I went 42-4 today.  I didn't play all these games with the same people, but all of my win-streaks were over 8.

Also, I don't think score has much to do with leveling up....my one friend leveled up to Master with 1100 points.  He was the one that won 11 out of 11.

I will agree with you that the scoring is messed up.  I lost 4 games and lost a total of 600 points.  It could be that you get 150 for beating people with good stats, but only 10 or 30 points for teams that you should beat easily.  My suggestion is that you find  5 others to play with and I think you should level up if you hit a 20 win-streak.

It would be soo much easier if Activision would just explain the ranking systems!  At least this one is more straight forward than the zombie ranking system lol

GALACT1C0s117

just to update you guys I became master after playing against all platinums, my guess is you have to play a lot and win a lot, after my 80th win they moved me to Master, also you will notice more people camping using riot shields, many of them have invited me to their party but I prefer running solo, the game gets boring to me if I just stay in one place the whole game.

Izjar11

GALACT1C0s117 wrote:

just to update you guys I became master after playing against all platinums, my guess is you have to play a lot and win a lot, after my 80th win they moved me to Master, also you will notice more people camping using riot shields, many of them have invited me to their party but I prefer running solo, the game gets boring to me if I just stay in one place the whole game.

Galactic speaks the truth, league is the slowed / most defensive gaming I have seen. It is both frustrating and vigorating to win.

Its hard to describe league when all teams are playing in certain spots. For one, cold blood is becoming my best friend.

CrimsonTideMonk

What about champions league? I ranked platinum but find it hard as hell to win anymore because i get the no thumb squad every game and lose, me doing average to well and them sucking big time.. Hardpoint with 7 caps 10 defends 35-25 but lose because my team is all 10-25 8-27 11-31 etc etc. That is frustrating as hell. CTF is impossible to win with those rando's, but i have been teamed up with decent players before and won. The best was the master's team one ranked 1 and the others top 10 but still beat them in CTF when they quit out after going up 3-0 on caps in the first round...that was funny. How can you be a full party of master's and lose to rando's that are above average players like my group of rando's was. Then i only got 10 points for beating the masters squad..that pissd me off. Me (platinum) 2 golds and and iron beat them and thats all I got

draftd

League play non hardcore is a complete fail.