1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 8:43 AM by OrbitaIVSAT Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?

This link is a good explanation for people with logical minds. or most FPS games.

But obviously the people who designed this game did not have that.

One thing he didnt touch on much is the added latency to low latency players to compensate for the high latency players. hence the term. lag compensation.

he said it was a combined latency. and there was a latency of 100 built in + a not very specific 20-40ms. That number is way off for BO2.

A user named ovenbakedmuffin has a video that shows there is clearly a set number they add depending on you latency.

Im pretty sure alot of the invisible players are due to the artificial lag. (especially since it happens most to me and the other couple of players that have as low latency as i do)

• 31. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?

He is not as bad as El Presador!!

• 32. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?

I have had this exact thing happen to me plenty of times on slums,  i watch that entrance, and then turn to go out the same way and then blam shot in the back  Happens to me probably once every time i play that map. 

I call it just me being to aggresive, and trying to ush the action, so my fault!

• 33. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?
    Brutalkillshots

Yeah I've noticed this quite ALOT in this game . In an open area and boom dead ! I'm like what the hell ? Did I just get sniped across the map ? Oh no it was a guy right in front of me ! That was some how invisible ! Lol

The POV DOES need adjusted a little and I'm sure this would be really easy to fix with a patch etc .

• 34. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The best thing is when I don't even get a hitmarker from my DSR even after several shots on his torso. I then went on to theatre and my shot were way off. On my screen, in game, I swear my shots were dead center on his chest and he's stationary.

I know I cannot trust theatre when it comes to this stuff but sometimes, what I see on my screen is not where they are actually are. I still think there are sync issues and hit detection issues on this game.

• 35. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?

Played a few games last night, and I got around 1 person, and instantly went 1 bar. I was the only one who one barred. Connection interupted and everything. I didn't think anything of it, until I saw he was 11-1. That tipped me off a little bit, So I got into party chat with my clan mates and asked if anyone felt that lag, they all sarcasitically said "Lag? What's lag?" I called out the dude's name and quickly after someone got shot by him and SWORE their connection dumped on them. Why do people use lag switches? Why is it that they can sense a Jtag'd console, but can't tell when a device is connected? smh....I pay good money for my connection, im not running some 4/1 bs connection, or barebones minmium requirement connection, i feel 15mbps down is a good enough speed to not have lag, but then again, I'm being told don't matter what speed you got, its going to happen....idk. Def. NOT buyin the 720

• 36. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?
    malditor

There are some instances of players not being there but shooting you, but most of the time it is just bad timing. I know there are so many times I check a doorway or path/hall only to turn and get shot a split second later by someone. I don't assume the person was invisible, just that I had bad luck.

• 37. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I played some Core TDM games yesterday and there is this 0.8 KD player topping the leaderboards for three consecutive games. It was really hard to kill him and he's skipping/teleporting around. I thought it may be a lag switch but I wasn't experiencing freezing. It may just be a bad host. The host migrated after three games and he's no longer hard to kill and he moved down to the midle of the pack and stopped topping the leaderboards.

• 38. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?

Explain this:

• 39. Re: Will the Invisible Player Glitch ever be fixed?
    Rednecksniper39

Lag spike maybe. It is on PS3 so it really isn't relevant here.