1 2 3 4 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 5:42 AM by maccabi Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    NotablePie

blaim all the sugarrushing coked up gerbil players for that whom love nuketown and hijacked so much that the maps seem to keep getting smaller

you know less room = less places for decent spawns to avoid that

that's a community caused problem with all the "bleeehh we want nuketwon, weeehhh"

the the OP: nothing wrong here, you were near dead and he got lucky

that's what ya get when running other peoples spawns

imagine you would've come on here complaining also if he would've spawned there 5sec's earlier and put a bullet in your back

• 11. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    Restore_Hardcore

Emp grenades are annoying, I'll give you that.

• 12. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Funny thing is, that was actually my spawn, and they rushed into our spawn and managed to flip it.

And no, I'm not complaining about spawns. If he shot me in the back, I just pack my bags, respawn and deal with it.

This issue on the other hand is ridiculous.I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. LOOK AT WHERE THE EMP LANDS WITH RESPECT TO WHERE I WAS.

THAT is the point of this video. To showcase the RANGE on EMPs being completely broken. Not to mention, to have lethality from that range? A little strange.

• 13. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    TheSurgeon83

Ok, in the doorway then. I'm no expert but I imagine an EMP grenade if it existed in real life would have some sort of effect on a person due to interfering with the bodies electrical impulses.

Anyway, that death was a one in a thousand, holding it up as an argument against EMPs being OP doesn't hold any water.

• 14. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    TheSurgeon83

The spawns are still the only game breaker for me, sometimes I can second guess them and work out where someone will come from and end up killing the same guy 3-4 times in a row. Nothing worse than killing someone the hearing a Semtex come over the wall from the player you just killed. Slums is the worst for this.

• 15. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    wtcwarrior

I thought this was going to be one of those bitchy posts about how EMP's take down a sentry gun or gaurdian without even trying....lol or dragonfires....Your complaining about the range and how it barely affects you? Its not meant to stun you, its an EMP grenade. Electronics! And if you pay attention, if you EMP yourself and your using a reticle. it will get rid of it for a short time. In Hardcore, it even affects team mates.I mean core is different i guess...but you get the headsup, of "Charging EMP" so you can duck those? I know in HC its easier to get dazed by it. EMP's aren't "OP" quit finding things wrong with the game. If you can't counter it, stop playing. You can counter it but choose to use something else, instead of all aggressive classes have a defensive class, set up Tac mask and hardwired rather than hardline and dex, or w.e trade your 2nd weapon for more perks. Or a lethal and tactical for more perks....counter everything. Heck, make it a Counter Class....But then, that would be smart.

• 16. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Surgeon, please don't try to find an excuse for that.

You guys need to understand something here, my point isn't "omg it killed me from over there, therefore EMPs are broken"

I'm using the video as a means of showcasing the ridiculous RANGE on EMPs, to begin the discussion on the fact that:

1) Firstly, as the video shows, EMPs have ridicuous rnage.

2) With that kind of range, it rewards players NOT for precision (as you would do when using flash or stuns), but more for just chucking in a random direction and mindlessly throwing them off spawn.

3) You can EMP yourself, but it goes away INSTANTLY. You CAN'T do that with your other tactical alternatives --> Stuns and Flashes.

Do you guys see the discussion I'm trying to build here? Please don't focus so much on the video of me getting KILLED by an EMP so far away, focus on what I'm trying to get you guys to think about, which is the risks + rewards of using such a tactical grenade.

• 17. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    NotablePie

come play hardcore, and see what happens when a flash/concussion/emp lands near you

it will nearly kill you, i have no sympathy for this tbh because of that, specially since you were near dead allready and it should have some effect that hurts you, even if it's just 10HP it takes, whihc probly was enough

if this a gripe for you, you need a new hobby, it might happen 1 in a million times someone gets that lucky, no need to be all "raged up" about some lucky incident

now go flood the boards with clips of lucky qs's etc on you

as we all love people who complain about everything, specially when it's a 1 in a million chance of it happening

and again, that map just plain sucks to have a decent game with a rusher in the room, spawns are horrible and crazy **** like that is bound to happen on those crapmaps

• 18. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Your post doesn't make any sense. You're calling me stupid, but here you are making a post that just misses the whole point of the discussion.

• 19. Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!
    TheSurgeon83

The range is fine, seems to be about 8-10 metres splash.

If you reduce that they then become as useless as the MW3 version.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next