13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 11:22 AM by SitRepPro RSS

The Ballista

Alright. Been bored. Tried getting my Ballista Camos.

**** that.

This gun is pathetic. There is absolutely no reason to use it, short of the (Not very good) Iron Sights attachment. The DSR is all around better and the XPR is pretty much a Rapid Fire-able verson of this.

In using it i've discovered an insane tendency for hit markers. Shot to the leg? Hit marker. That's fine. Shot to the arm, Hit Marker. That's fine. When I can put out a shot to someones head, where it is literally all I can see of them (damn headglitchers) and get a hit marker, there is a serious problem.

And another serious problem that affects all sniper rifles. A lack of Ranged advantage. Sniper Rifles. Long range. Constantly beaten by LMGs and ARs. Across the middle of slums is a good example of this. Snipers will constantly lose to ARs there. That's fine. That's about the right range for an AR to have an advantage over stuff. Being killed from so far away on Turbine that you can barely see them, even with Variable zoom? Then you've got a problem.

LMG with Target finder. Because lol recoil.

Anyone else finding Ballista hit markers a problem, along with LMG snipers?

• Re: The Ballista
    dweez1988

You're doing it wrong! all I can say.

I have the snipers diamond and the ballista is superior to all if you know how to use it.

Then please, tell me how the hell to use it. Because Sniping isn't working, Quickscoping isn't working, ACOG isn't working, silenced hardcore isn't working. more often than not, I'm watching a corner when someone comes around it and sprays me to death before I can get a single bullet out.

dweez1988

I have no idea what you are doing wrong because the ballista is absolutely beast when your accuracy is good.

It defeats the dsr in all aspects accept for damage.

If you hit them in the chest or up it's always OHK for me.

The only thing that can work against you is lag, wichcan make sniping horrible.

I can hit someone dead on 3 times and don't even get a hitmarker with any sniper.

I can miss by 3 feet and still get the kill.

Lag would certainly explain it. Stupid ass Australian internet. The problem is that I'll constantly hit people and get hit markers to the head of someone standing still, yet shooting someone else in the foot can net me a kill. It's completely inconsistent.

dweez1988

Indeed it is.

But the ballista is a great weapon.

I use it so much I can't do as well with any other sniper because the scope in speed is soooo freaking slow compared to the ballista.

Sorry it does'nt work out for you but the ballista is actually the best sniper in the game if you are accurate.

gallp13

Hello I m a ballista using Aussie based in Newcastle where the intranet is made from string and tin cans. All I can say is ballista + iron site = OHK. Tis all in the aim

TheSurgeon83

I found the Ballista to be less reliable than the XPR personally, and it's not my aim that's the problem.

r33k

balista with irons is FUN!

run it in hardcore if you are having trouble hitting the 1 shot kill mass on a player.

also, it has the least sway out of the rifles. i found it to be super accurate for me.

Houdnik

For me, the ballista feels "stiff" once you're scoped in. This can make it difficult to drag-scope with, unless you're using a very high sensitivity.

This is especially noticable if you compare it to the DSR, which has a very "fluid" feel once scoped in.

I'll take your example of the middle path on slums, for your issue with AR / LMG's. Here's a few tips to winning in that situation. 

For one, if you know somebody is head-glitching from the opposite side, then you can assume they're ADS'ing at the exact spot you hope to pop out. They already have an advantage over you, so it's not really the smartest move to even step up to them. If you insist, I suggest quickly popping in & out and taking a shot.  They won't have time to kill you 90% of the time, and worst case scenario you miss. If you see another sniper is there, then simply move on. In other words, the middle area on slums is only reliable if you're there first...   It's far better to work your way into their side of the map, where you can catch them coming from their spawn, or shoot them from the side where they're not expecting you to be.

SitRepPro

Houdnik wrote:

For me, the ballista feels "stiff" once you're scoped in. This can make it difficult to drag-scope with, unless you're using a very high sensitivity.

This is especially noticable if you compare it to the DSR, which has a very "fluid" feel once scoped in.

I wondered about this because I've had a few assists by dragscoping and I'm convinced I should have got a kill by seeing where my shot landed on my screen so I rarely bother to dragscope with the Ballista.  It feels much easier with the DSR.

nflfenatic

On slums I am guessing your talking about from the graveyard to the dumpster when you say across the middle. If you think that is long range then theres your problem. Thats like 50 yards max. How do you feel you should have an advantage at that range. The ballista works fine for me. Almost always one hit kills.

SitRepPro

LMG snipers?

AHaras

the entire time i was getting my camos i played hardcore with the iron sights. makes the process easier/more fun. i really really really dont like the ballista.