22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 1:04 AM by iivrruummii RSS

Why this is the worst (modern) Cod to date

My current list, probably forgot a shi-t load of other stuff;

-  Maps overall too clustered. No maps stand-out imo. Most are not that bad but none are good either imo.

-  Guns, or the lack of good ones and a shi-t load of boring clones.

-  The TF, most retarded attachment ever to put into what should be a shooter / fast aiming & positioning based game. Completely game ruining. You messed up big time.

-  Dropshot nerf while having the strongest OHK sniper rifle seen in cod in the game since cod2, yeah QuickScoping, oh and already relatively weak automatics in this mix overall. Great combo! Note, I have little against good fast QuickScoping, it’s an arcade shooter imo afterall, but the automatics should be able to drop faster for it to make any sense. Atm The autos get a shitload of hitmarkers while being slow and the dsr-50 is an one hit killing machine. I should not have to pick a sniper to counter this crap.

-  Retarded beyond annoying SBMM system in public. The matchmaking system went form inconstant to bad. It’s horrendous compared to every other single cod I have played since cod4. People rage quit constantly (way, way more than before) and playing 6 capable players / defensive players constantly is retarded and no fun at all, as even when you do good you’re bound to get fcked at some point. Cod isn’t an Olympic sport, don’t treat it as such. Difference between playing mw3 and blops2 is as big as day and night.

-  Do to this & retarded reasons unknown (hey 3arch connections and pings get better every year not worse) an even bigger connection based experience.

Conclusion; the game sucks and so does the online experience with the current settings. No, I don’t play the game anymore. Just sometimes for shi-ts and giggles. You know when something is so bad it makes you laugh? That’s what I get with blops2. Well done on ruining a shooter completely by trying to cater to everybody and their mom.

My solution; Bring back the normal dropshot speed & no accuracy penalty while going down, it’s an arcade shooter. Then nerf the dsr-50  a little (no limb shot ohks). Also start buffing guns. Make shotties about aiming skill, not cqb spraying free ohks. Shotties are beyond annoying to play against as it stands. Bring back the matchmaking system of black ops 1 & same for ping comp. At least that was manageable.

• Re: Why this is the worst (modern) Cod to date
    deve8tor

I wouldnt care if they put the star trek phaser as un under barrel attachment. Just fix the damn lag.

Agreed the maps are terrible and boring. Whats up with only 4 HC modes?!?! Core is broke so your forced into playing HC wich i dont mind but there is only so much KC i can take and i hate the rest of the game modes for that playlist. You forgot about aim assist/ aim resist as el pres puts it lol. But hes got a point its comical constantly being pushed of target when attempting to shoot multiple enemies.

The camera angles or field of view is gabage. The spawns are the worst ive ever seen in any FPS.

If they wait another month and a half to release the next map pack/and or its terrible this game will have the population of diablo 3. But to answer your original question, this is by far the worst installment of COD thus far.

Im sorry but nothing beats MW3 for the worst cod ever...nothing

xmrythem

Maps are actually very clean compared to previous cod's

standoff, slums, yemen, turbine, raid, express, grind, downhill, mirage, carrier, overflow, I feel are all very stong maps.

I really enjoy drone and plaza, but most people don't. The only map I really don't like is aftermath. I feel it has bad routes and pretty boring gameplay.

I enjoy the guns, I feel they all sound and act WAY different than MW3's weapons. If you want to talk about clones, lets start an mw3 discussion.

lol, TF is pretty retarted.

dropshotting doesn't bother me. Neither does quickscoping. I feel they balanced it quite nicely in this version.

I play with 6 and solo all the time and have no problems with matchmaking. Playing a team of 6 defensive players is something you should adapt to, not come here and complain about it. There is no correct or wrong way to play. Adapt and stop whining. Not everyone runs down the middle with a knife waiting for you to shoot them and make yourself feel better.

Your opinion is that the game sucks, and if you don't play, why come here and post? nobody cares or will ever miss you. 99% of players don't know you exist, so coming here with your rant helps nobody.

If you don't play and don't care, why are you offering solutions to something you don't care about?

that6uy420

good fast quickscoping only happens with a modded controller thant allows you to fire and ADS with the same trigger pull.  I've come to the realization that most/all quickscopers are really just crap players who use modded controllers.  I can see why you dislike this game though if you are a quickscoper...  you should stay on MW3 (by far the worst game in the series)  You sounds very noobish.  While you are cmplaining about shotties... something tells me you were a fan of the akimbo models.

JSlayer211

Definitely the worst CoD to date. It's really sad because there was SOOOO MUCH potential. It's just really too bad that the developers never played BO2, then they would know what it's like. With the stuff they are doing, they could not have possibly played this game after finishing the coding for it.

gdexter

In your opinion...

zachsharp

The problem I see is that the focus has moved to the competitive scene.  Just look at the last patch.  The changes that were made revolved around the competitive issues.  Basically online MP is for us peasants and we should be happy with what we've got while the big boys do the LAN thing and they are the focus of the adjustments that will be made.  It's a shame it is like this tbh because LAN and Online play a lot differently.

maccabi

zachsharp wrote:

The problem I see is that the focus has moved to the competitive scene.  Just look at the last patch.  The changes that were made revolved around the competitive issues.  Basically online MP is for us peasants and we should be happy with what we've got while the big boys do the LAN thing and they are the focus of the adjustments that will be made.  It's a shame it is like this tbh because LAN and Online play a lot differently.

we talking about the last massive patch that had what three smallish fixes for league and a heap of mp fixes?

Tick7

SnipinDB wrote:

My current list, probably forgot a shi-t load of other stuff;

-  Maps overall too clustered. No maps stand-out imo. Most are not that bad but none are good either imo.

Game play design - they've gone for smaller, tighter maps to counter the campers that plague the large maps with silly corners. Some may like it, others don't. As someone who alternates between run and gun core, and a bit more stationary/tactical hardcore, I love the maps. Certainly better than the majority in MW3 where every map had 4 or 5 perfect corners for shotguning campers, complete with shade and cover etc.

SnipinDB wrote:

-  Guns, or the lack of good ones and a shi-t load of boring clones.

Have diamond camo yet? Play through all the weapons in a particular set (I got ARs done, and close to getting SMGs done). Once you do, you'll realize there is plenty of variety in weapon choice. No more or less than other Call of Duty games. Plus, they've given some specialty weapons, like the Chicom, the Ballista, etc.

There's a variety of fully auto ARs that all play differently, and one that has different fire rates depending on where in the clip you are firing from.

Like I said, plenty of variety.

SnipinDB wrote:

-  The TF, most retarded attachment ever to put into what should be a shooter / fast aiming & positioning based game. Completely game ruining. You messed up big time.

manageable.

I agree with the TF being a real annoying feature in the game.

For me - it's no different than Marksman from MW3 though, which also showed you player location, albeit in a different manner, in MW3. I tolerate it though, largely because it's easy to counter (cold-blooded), and because most of the people using the TF are the same type of player (stationary ADSing with an LMG), which aren't all that difficult to counter.

SnipinDB wrote:

-  Dropshot nerf while having the strongest OHK sniper rifle seen in cod in the game since cod2, yeah QuickScoping, oh and already relatively weak automatics in this mix overall. Great combo! Note, I have little against good fast QuickScoping, it’s an arcade shooter imo afterall, but the automatics should be able to drop faster for it to make any sense. Atm The autos get a shitload of hitmarkers while being slow and the dsr-50 is an one hit killing machine. I should not have to pick a sniper to counter this crap.

And you were doing so well...

Dropshotting has been nerfed. Compare drop shotting in this game to drop shotting from previous games, and you'll probably recognize that it's considerably more difficult in this game. There's nothing wrong with drop shotting in the way that there's nothing wrong with Halo-jumping. Sincere apologies for not standing still and letting you kill me, but my main priority is surviving and killing you - drop shotting and halo jumping are effective means to conquering both.

On sniping - it's just dumb in this game, period. I don't mind the DSR-50, but the "auto-sniper" (the SVU?) is just stupid. The skill in sniping comes from precision. THe game rewards snipers who aren't precise way too much. There are so many lessons that ALL First person shooters should be taking from Battlefield in terms of how sniping should really work. Sniping has generally been terrible since after MW2.

No problem with quickscopers at all. Your point about wanting less hit markers with the fully auto sniper just smacks of a complete lack of understanding of how gun balance is meant to work. More bullets down range = your multipler to quicker kills. You want increased bullet damage too?!? Yeah.. no thanks. If you can't get kills with the auto snipes, then it's an issue with your skill, not the gun.

SnipinDB wrote:

-  Retarded beyond annoying SBMM system in public. The matchmaking system went form inconstant to bad. It’s horrendous compared to every other single cod I have played since cod4. People rage quit constantly (way, way more than before) and playing 6 capable players / defensive players constantly is retarded and no fun at all, as even when you do good you’re bound to get fcked at some point. Cod isn’t an Olympic sport, don’t treat it as such. Difference between playing mw3 and blops2 is as big as day and night.

People rage quit more now, because the higher streaks are almost uncounterable and sway the course of battle so much. In previous CoDs, you could survive high streaks. In this game, not so much. So rather than battle it out, people leave. That has nothing to do with skill based match making.

As for SBMM - I feel as though it's been fixed, or certainly altered. Every CoD has some element of SBMM, and it always works the same. The game is very challenging when it comes out, gets a tad easier, and then after February time it becomes an absolute breeze to play. February onward is where my KD and W/L normally sky rockets. I'm generally following the same trend this time around as well, as are most other people that I play with. Maybe we are on the right side of SBMM. Who knows. It's definitely not anywhere near as bad as it was before.

I rarely run into anyone who has a KD anywhere close to mine now (2.01), or a SPM close to mine either (420ish). Mostly everyone we play is 1.50 or less KD, and SPMs of 300 max.

The difference between MW3 and BO2 is likely night and day, because most of the noobs are playing MW3 now. Generally speaking, the better skilled players move onto the newest game, leaving the lower quality population behind.

SnipinDB wrote:

-  Do to this & retarded reasons unknown (hey 3arch connections and pings get better every year not worse) an even bigger connection based experience.

It boggles my mind how these guys, after this many years of making Call of Duty games, have regressed on their connection issues. It honestly feels as though connections/experience based on connections is worse now than at any point in the past. Whether I do well or not in CoD, is now based on my connection more than ever before. And this is coming from someone who was almost ALWAYS host in MW3 ground war.

SnipinDB wrote:

My solution; Bring back the normal dropshot speed & no accuracy penalty while going down, it’s an arcade shooter. Then nerf the dsr-50  a little (no limb shot ohks). Also start buffing guns. Make shotties about aiming skill, not cqb spraying free ohks. Shotties are beyond annoying to play against as it stands. Bring back the matchmaking system of black ops 1 & same for ping comp. At least that was manageable.

In regards to shotguns - hate to break it to you, but shotguns are close quarters weapons designed to deal massive amounts of damage from in close. If you are consistently dying to shot guns in close quarters combat, then that's probably 99% because you are playing right into a shotgun user's wheelhouse(ie. close quarters..) Range on all shotguns except the KSG are pretty poor, and even more so after the relevant patches on the R870.

Guns that are annoying, are effective within their parameters or effective range. It doesn't mean that they are overpowered.

SnipinDB wrote:

Conclusion; the game sucks and so does the online experience with the current settings. No, I don’t play the game anymore. Just sometimes for shi-ts and giggles. You know when something is so bad it makes you laugh? That’s what I get with blops2. Well done on ruining a shooter completely by trying to cater to everybody and their mom.

So let's piece this together then, shall we?

No, you don't play the game anymore. Except that you do still play.

The game is so bad and terrible, based on your lengthy descriptive post. But you get amused by playing it.

The game makes you laugh and gives you *expletives* and giggles. Yet you throw up a post that is less in humor and more in anger and frustration and annoyance?

You feel the game is catering to everyone and their "mothers". You endow in a rant that would make your mother shake her head.

SitRepPro

Tick7 wrote:

On sniping - it's just dumb in this game, period. I don't mind the DSR-50, but the "auto-sniper" (the SVU?) is just stupid. The skill in sniping comes from precision. THe game rewards snipers who aren't precise way too much. There are so many lessons that ALL First person shooters should be taking from Battlefield in terms of how sniping should really work. Sniping has generally been terrible since after MW2.

Intervention 720 1337 quickscopez lolz.

the_fallen_pariah

Nice post Tick you made his rant bareable!

For clarification I was asking for a dropshot buff. I was talking about the dropshot nerf done in blops2 (even worse than blops1, I know that it was nerfed) and later asked for it to be buffed as a solution. I’m a dropshotter, well not in blops2. I hate that it sucks now (luck based do to being inaccurate when going down in this game) and I don’t get that they nerf it while having that one hit killing machine of a sniper to kill us every time. Dropping was a good counter against qsing. I don’t get how they think it’s balanced. A good qser / sniper has a very high accuracy, above 40, 50 % and they need one bullet generally. Automatic players generally get 8 to 20 % accuracy while needing at least 3-6 bullets. It obviously doesn’t matter if you have a God like connection in game as autos still zoom in faster and you can just keep on firing, but this generally isn’t the case. Without having a good counter like dropshotting, its hard to play as actively. Strafing is the only option atm and it’s only really effective with smgs & stock atm. Qsers often say it’s easier to play with automatics. Well, it should be, as you say sniper rifles should be precision weapons. Atm it’s at a point I have to pick a sniper as well to counter teams abusing this sniper.

I never asked for an auto sniper buff, but yes the elite auto sniper could use a little nerf as well. I just suggested a little nerf to the dsr-50 (though it should get a bigger mag size, 10 something or have a more advanced scope levels to have something over the ballista).

On shotguns, I agree the range sucks (mw3 pump range is more fitting). What I hate about them in blops2 is that all shotguns bar for the ksg are stupidity designed. The 870 gives you free kills cqb and that’s why I hate it. I can’t defend myself, it’s often a free kill. People kill you without aiming, literally at your foot. It should have more range and it should be about good aiming skill to get the kills, not free kills cqb. 2/8th Pellet kill is talentless with the current laser sight spread. The spread should be a lot tighter, 4 tight (harder to aim but more effective when on target) and shotguns should not have good ads accuracy, similar to mw3, *bar for the ksg since it’s a slug, it’s fine and hard to use effectively constantly.

SBMM is still a big part of blops2 and it still messes with connection quality. Cod isn’t an Olympic sport. Comparing it to mw3 last year and blops2 this year, there is a big difference.

I don’t know why 3arch is doing this. #Arch I know that there are people as good as me or around my level. No point in trying to match me with them constantly it messes with connection quality and sees way more people rage quit. They already have league play. They need to completely bring back the normal matchmaking algorithm  in public for this game to be just a little fun again. A lot of people have gone back to older titles for a reason.

I really don’t play the game. I’m only second prestige since November. I played the game last week for **** and giggles to see if something has changed. Nope. I’m giving feedback as this is not the cod I was addicted to anymore. It’s lame now on so many levels .

Oh and btw my mother doesn’t speak English nor does she care about video games

That's your opinion. Mine is that they (3arc) has done fairly well with the game play and weapons. granted yes, you get LOADS of hit markers and hardly enough kills (mostly due to other players connection speeds vs your connection speed) but with that said, The DSR is and always has been a quickscopers go-to rifle. As for smg's they are sheet on by the DLC gun and makes all the other weps basically toy squirt guns in comparison, granted the players skills and connection and if they have quickdraw/dextarity. other than that its just a matter of who seen who first. Maps- GREAT great job to better prevent campers from staying in one place for too long, and you have a couple alternate routes to take as well. pretty amazing graphics on HD tv's with a HDMI cord. not the best but still pretty damn nice looking. Host connections however is TERRIBLE... I know I have a strong connection with 3 computers using internet with my Xbox (just an example for a reference) and yet hosts drop like fly's to say the least. even after search prefferences has been changed to best and even any, it still drops hosts/connection very often. and No its not just people rage quitting that is causing the problem. In conclusion to my opinions on the subject Over all I must say I would much rather play black ops 2 over black ops any day JUST because of the new maps. Nuketown on the other hand was just plain boring with the new concept given credit that yes its the old nuke town we all loved and was promised would come back but 3arc could have mixed up the senery just a tad (like car and sign placement and possibly different building interior design to somewhat more portray the kitchens/rooms of Hi-Jacked[just an idea to throw out there to get the ball rolling]). and PS.. pre-ordering black ops 2 just to once and a lil while play nuke town in MP was a HUGE dissapointment because I thought I would get to play it in both zombies and MP gameplay. PSS. Players are constantly taking up rooms being away from the consol and just leaving people to believe they are playing to ruin your game in zombies. there really should be something done to help kick inactive players in the lobby.