16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 3:44 PM by Ronin2012 RSS

O M F G   LAG

xBulletDodgerx

Why the f#%k do I get killed by lighting strikes then 5 seconds later it tells me enemy lighting strike inbound . What's the point of telling us if it already happened . It so stupid . Not only lightinging strikes but everything I get killed by hunter killer drones and it never tells me its in the air until after I am dead . And the spawns o m g I got spawned outside the map and fell to me death so f#%king stupid.  it is so frustrating Pardon my French . And the hit markets I get hit markers for days I bet I have mor asst than anybody in this game it's crazy . Does anybody else deal with these problems .

• Re: O M F G   LAG
    vaporeon6000

I'm guessing when sometimes theres so many stuff going on that the narrator can't keep up,same thing happened in Black Ops.

xBulletDodgerx

Yes I thought the same so I never complained but it's not that it's just lag for examplethis guy got a triple feed final kill cam on my team  by a hunter kill drone and it flew for like 5 second but never said anything my team was like I didn't even know it was in the air .

I get this ALL the time, and the thing is its 100% lag induced coz occasionaly you`ll play with a guy who I dont know why but you can hear the game through his headset (you`ll know what I mean) and i`ll hear it thru his headset BEFORE the game tells me. In his mic i`ll hear "Enemy lightning strike incoming", then a while later after ive died from it already, i`ll get told by the narrator

There`s also times when I get the "enemy uav" notification but my team mate took it down already, like 3-4 secs ago, so they obviously got the news before I did.

nintendon't

Nope. Game works fine for me.

Fibre optic treyarch fanboy

nintendon't

I'm not being a fanboy lol. Everybody keeps saying the game is so laggy and has horrible netcode but I don't see it. I think the only reason people are having lag is either because they have a bad connection/bad set up or live in an area where there aren't many people playing so it's hard to get a good host.

like2nap03

What is your upload bandwidth on your connection?

RAGEmajichands

would you say 72mb fibre wifi (10 feet from router, unobstructed) was good? i would say it was good for uk. i have 3 laggy games then maybe a few steady games n maybe one in ten is god mode. every bullet hits and they actually die lol

Whats your ping to the states Majic? It makes no difference but my speed is around 13, and im on sky broadband, which is great for uploading music, watching youtube etc but doesnt have great ping to the states.

Test yours here, check one to a UK server and one to a random US  server , id be interested to know the difference from a fellow brit - www.pingtest.net

The speed isnt important really as the bandwidth isnt much on the multiplayer. The ping is critical however. My ping is 40 to the UK, my ping to the states is around 400, it makes a HUGE difference. I know onlyplay on best, and ive no idea how I managed to play on normal , no wonder I deleted 2 profiles thru rage!

The only drawback playing on best, is that I play in the evening most times, and there`s mainly only US hosts, so I get out into a lobby by myself, end up hosting, and it then being worse than playing on normal and not being host.

If you search on best, it gets you a game with a host who you have less than 100 ping too, which should be playable without much lag, and if it cant find any, it gives you a lobby of your own, and joins players to you, if no one in the lobby has a 100 ping or less to you , it`ll make you host thus ensuring the gaurantee that you searched on best and got a best connection.

I recall that after the 1st hotifx you were raging coz your connection went tits up - then the 2nd hotfix you were god mode again, so you of all people should know how bad connection gets. Just coz your ok, doesnt mean the other 98% of the community are.

Ronin2012

doesnt explain why the game sucks when i host. I know ive mentioned it before but even so. Never seen so many people with less than 1 K/D

Seems like either a hell of a lot of bad players or suffering coz of gameplay issues

M4GNUM

I've been lagging big time, the past 4 days or so (since start of 2XP?). Gun animation is twitchy, screen will start shaking (like someone literally picked up my tv and shook it around), instakills (in open areas and see bullets and die before see enemy), bouncing betty lag (betty is at base of stairs, run passed it, up 2 flights of stairs and into another room but I die and KC shows me at the base of the stairs), getting 1 bar connection (which should never happen). There are lag-free games here and there, but that's probably 15% of matches. Have been turning off the game due to this. Hoping the next update addresses it.

Clofairy

Welcome to the family!

Foxhound-Pro

Less profanity please.

On other consoels we lag behind notices only because the announcer has a lot of content to state. Such as "Enemy UAV," "Enemy is taking Alpha," and "Enemy Lightning Strike Inbound."

For the spawn issue it would be good to state when, where and what mode instead of what you did.

We need a sport referee, they are fast.

Padiego

We shouldn't have announcers announcing killstreaks. This IS black ops. Lolwutstealth.