1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 7:42 AM by ukscorpz Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

    Been saying this for years, I am very hopeful that one day they will re-invent the 3/5/7.

  • 71. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

    You have a smart son, maybe he will become a multiplayer desginer one day.

     

    I agree with you on the pointstreak thing, i know many people especially the youtube guys want TDM to be the same as KC with all the planes in the air but i honestly like TDM as it is right now, TDM should be more focused on gun battles and not scorestreaks.

     

    You can advance the Tier Packages even further and make some packages "killstreaks only (only kills count)" others packages "scorestreaks (playing objective counts to your streak)". But support streak packages where you can die is a bad idea in my opinion, people should not be rewarded for being bad at the game. Also carepackges should be removed from the game.

  • 72. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    SitRepPro

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    You have a smart son, maybe he will become a multiplayer desginer one day.

     

    I agree with you on the pointstreak thing, i know many people especially the youtube guys want TDM to be the same as KC with all the planes in the air but i honestly like TDM as it is right now, TDM should be more focused on gun battles and not scorestreaks.

     

    You can advance the Tier Packages even further and make some packages "killstreaks only (only kills count)" others packages "scorestreaks (playing objective counts to your streak)". But support streak packages where you can die is a bad idea in my opinion, people should not be rewarded for being bad at the game. Also carepackges should be removed from the game.

     

    It's funny that the influence of professional gaming that game has, and yet, streaks remain.  And the unlocking system questions the game's balance too.  Scorestreaks can help good players be better than they are too by adjusting them according to enemy players' ranks.

  • 73. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    vims1990

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    3-5-7 was the best, it wasn't to much and keeped the gameflow going. Rewards like Dogs, Swarm, Lodestar, Warship are to much.

     

    Go back to 3-5-7 with different Streak Tier packages similar to MW3. You can only choose one of the follow packages.

     

    Tier 1:

    UAV

    Hellfire

    Helicopter

     

    Tier 2:

    UAV

    Airstrike

    Stealth Bomber

     

    Tier 3:

    CUAV

    ...

    ...

     

    you get the idea behind it.

     

    Pretty solid idea you've got there FixBlops2.

     

    Re-inventing the 3-5-7 killstreak setup is the way to go.

  • 74. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    deucedouglas

    I think the scorestreaks aren't a bad idea but I think they were poorly implemented. The main thing is the fact that they continuosly roll over and even after you die, you can still be getting points from a streak. And then in object games too, they're just out of balance with too much reward still going to killing rather than objective play. And then little things like in Kill Confirmed you can get assists that count for just as much as a kill.

     

    I'd like to see a mix of MW2 and MW3 where you can keep every killstreak you earn as well as streak kills counting towards the next one but not rolling over. The key to this system is keeping the streaks far enough apart so you can just do the 5-7-9 like in MW2.

  • 75. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

    Black Ops 1 had the Barebones playlist, NO ONE played it and the people that did still camped in corners with Ghost.

     

    @vims1990 nice idea.

  • 76. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    gern

    deucedouglas wrote:

     

    ....And then in object games too, they're just out of balance with too much reward still going to killing rather than objective play.

     

    I agree about objective based games.  I don't play the objective in those games, instead I use the known spawns in Dom and demolition to help me get more kills and scorestreaks.  I have been saying for a long time that the score streak points need to be significantly increased for objectives, or Treyarch needs to implement some type of support streak system only for capturing objectives so that when you die while in the process of capping, your score streak points roll-over to the next life.

  • 77. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    slap1i

    I think the objective payout in demolition is fine.  Even objective teams will benefit from having a teammate rack up a few kills in the enemy spawn, as this opens up the objectives for teammates.  If you're defending the bombsite, then enemies getting killed in or leaving their spawn aren't completing their objective either.  That's good objective play!

  • 78. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

    What you are describing continues the emphasis of streaks... and brings back "support" streaks in essence.

     

    Also... PTFO... quit spawn camping.

  • 79. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    ukscorpz

    OrbitaIVSAT wrote:

     

    Black Ops 1 had the Barebones playlist, NO ONE played it and the people that did still camped in corners with Ghost.

     

    @vims1990 nice idea.

     

    How did they use Ghost in a BAREBONES playlist?

     

    A playlist that doesnt use perks or killstreaks?

     

    IMO Barebones was awesome - It was very sad to see it go.

     

    I pray for the day they introduce a HC Barebones playlist.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next