9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 12:49 AM by wierd worlds are these RSS

why always i must play with 100 > ping?

Only my country must play with 100> ping. My int speed 10mb. Others playing with 30-50 ping. F...ing why i bought this game...

• Re: why always i must play with 100 > ping?
    Momba1

Depends on where you are relative to the server's location and how many 'hops' your ISP has to make. I'm generally 55ms~75ms and if I'm playing someone oversees then sure I've had some >100ms pings.

wierd worlds are these

YKara wrote:

Only my country must play with 100> ping. My int speed 10mb. Others playing with 30-50 ping. F...ing why i bought this game...

The pings in this game are fully messed up.

I can game on 99% of my games with a ping of between 10ms and 25ms unyet this game I am lucky if I get a ping below 50ms and I average 60ms.

There are no extra connections being made with me playing Black Op's 2 compared to Battlefield 3, unyet my ping is Battlefield 3 is always between 10ms and 20ms.

This game is just messed up Server wise and ping wise to the point, I see people popping up in the games I am playing with pings of over 100ms and sometimes over 500ms then they drop to 50ms and then right back up to over 100ms and they are damn, near impossible to kill because there ping is all over the place.

d4o2t0

It's because they have at the very most 2 or 3 "server" locations for the entire planet.

The "search preference" and the ping numbers in game are completely meaningless in every way shape and form. No matter what I have the search preference set to, 20-30-40ms, I will ALWAYS be forced into a room where I am around 108-112ms

Back when I played CoD4, WaW, and BO1, I NEVER played on east coast servers. In every game I was able to play on local west coast or central US servers where I had pings between 20-60... Now with their crappy forced matchmaking garbage I am pretty much forced to play with 108-112ms ping (or higher) in EVERY SINGLE GAME NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Their matchmaking to "official servers" BS has been the biggest failure the world of FPS gaming has ever seen.

If Bobby Kotick died and Activision ended up being sold piece by piece it would be by far the best thing to ever happen to the gaming industry.

Momba1

d4o2t0 wrote:

Their matchmaking to "official servers" BS has been the biggest failure the world of FPS gaming has ever seen.

The problem is the low number of PC players and they are only a fraction compared to Xbox, so not only does it take a lot longer to get into a game it's rarely an even playing field. Also, if I'm playing by myself I back-out of Clan and Party fests; I don't need the aggravation.

Hmm...I like my PC but chances are on the next CoD I'll be playing on the Xbox (720).

wierd worlds are these

Momba1 wrote:

d4o2t0 wrote:

The problem is the low number of PC players and they are only a fraction compared to Xbox, so not only does it take a lot longer to get into a game it's rarely an even playing field. Also, if I'm playing by myself I back-out of Clan and Party fests; I don't need the aggravation.

Hmm...I like my PC but chances are on the next CoD I'll be playing on the Xbox (720).

The problem causing the low pc player numbers is because the developers keep removing features that PC gamers want in the game.

My whole clan refuse to play any game if it doesn't have rentable ranked dedicated servers and now if it doesn't have PB they won't play it either after the state the of MW2/3 and Black Op's on admined servers.

If the next Xbox or Playstation allows for keyboard and mouse to be used without the need of buying a adaptor then I will simply play Call Of Duty on the console since, that is the only thing they are actually interested in.

Momba1

You can use a Keyboard & Mouse on the current Xbox & PS3. It's a numbers (money) game on who gets what first and with the new HD consoles ... pff ... the PC is going to be a thing of the past. Sad.

Search 'xbox keyboard and mouse' and you'll find products like Penguin and XIM to name a few. The pad and especialy a good pad IMHO is just as good, e.g. SCUF.

d4o2t0

wierd worlds are these wrote:

If the next Xbox or Playstation allows for keyboard and mouse to be used without the need of buying a adaptor then I will simply play Call Of Duty on the console since, that is the only thing they are actually interested in.

^^ This is exactly what they want, why they are removing all of our features, and why we will never get any proper support or functionality again.

When people make claims like "oh well I'll just be playing on Xbox" you are playing right into the developers hands.

They have intentionally sabotaged and downgraded the PC version of this franchise in order to force people over to consoles where making the game is

cheaper

faster

easier

and where the community

has never had quality

has never had customization options

doesn't expect much out of each new title

They want everyone switching from PC to console so they don't have to worry about putting out a quality game. Now CoD is to what the FPS genre what Madden is to the NFL genre. An extremely overpriced yearly release title that is in reality little more than a DLC pack...

sfod-dsandman

Treyarch has been known to be super bad with their PC product.

They f*cked up the Performance in Black Ops 1 (everyone know that, and it took them half of a year to fix it), and they fu(ked up the connection on Black Ops 2.

I can't believe that they stick me to the sever on the East Coast when i am on the West Coast, i have to play with the 120-130ms ping plus with their bad hit detection, which is unacceptable with a high-traffic game like CoD.

There is a youtube video somewhere, which a dude break down the connection lag in BO2 with the PS3 system using dual screen. And he recored somewhere like 30-40MS lag on his own system without any any others outside effetct (where the game suppose to have 0MS lag)

MW3 was blamed to be having bad connection, i found myself in 3 bar game in MW3 a lot and still had flawless game.

And with a "Vahn" dude never ever pay attention to the PC Community , i don't see they ever gonna change this right now. They lied to us right off the bat with the "Black Ops 2 has the Dedicated Sever" (what is the point of calling it dedicated sever if you can't see it and browse it manually?)

wierd worlds are these

d4o2t0 wrote:

wierd worlds are these wrote:

^^ This is exactly what they want, why they are removing all of our features, and why we will never get any proper support or functionality again.

When people make claims like "oh well I'll just be playing on Xbox" you are playing right into the developers hands.

They have intentionally sabotaged and downgraded the PC version of this franchise in order to force people over to consoles where making the game is

cheaper

faster

easier

and where the community

has never had quality

has never had customization options

doesn't expect much out of each new title

They want everyone switching from PC to console so they don't have to worry about putting out a quality game. Now CoD is to what the FPS genre what Madden is to the NFL genre. An extremely overpriced yearly release title that is in reality little more than a DLC pack...

I won't play on a console if it doesn't support the Keyboard and Mouse to play the games which to be honest is never gonna happen because the developers know that it is far better than a controller.

I have tried the Xim3 on older MW3 on the Xbox and it was good but just not the same as being on the pc.