15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 7:31 AM by frats74 RSS

What really is the point of camping?

I mean seriously? What really is? What is the point of sitting in the back of a map laying down staring down your sights? How is that even FUN? I mean, it doesnt really bother me that much, because some campers are pretty easy to maneuver around, but it is just SO annoying sometimes. I just dont understand how someone can not only have the patience, but the diligence to keep going back to the SAME spot every. single. time. and just wait for people to walk by. That is not what CoD is about at all. Ridiculous. How can someone even justify camping?

  • Re: What really is the point of camping?
    frats74

    Vizconti wrote:

     

    I mean seriously? What really is? What is the point of sitting in the back of a map laying down staring down your sights? How is that even FUN? I mean, it doesnt really bother me that much, because some campers are pretty easy to maneuver around, but it is just SO annoying sometimes. I just dont understand how someone can not only have the patience, but the diligence to keep going back to the SAME spot every. single. time. and just wait for people to walk by. That is not what CoD is about at all. Ridiculous. How can someone even justify camping?

     

    No one is going to stand out in the open so you can kill them and feel better about yourself.

    • Re: What really is the point of camping?

      That period made it so serious, such a stupid answer smh.... so you defend camping? i hate this forum already

      • Re: What really is the point of camping?
        frats74

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        That period made it so serious, such a stupid answer smh...

         

        Why is logic stupid?

         

         

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        so you defend camping?

         

        I didn't defend camping. I stated logic.

         

         

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        i hate this forum already

         

        Bye!

        • Re: What really is the point of camping?

          HA, that's LOGIC? Are you kidding me? Camping is the most annoying method of gaming on xbox live. Did i ask for them to stand out in the open to "feel better about myself" ? No. I just stated how dumb camping really is, and how someone  could justify it. It's pretty annoying when someone is sitting in the back of a map with assassin and sniper, and cuts off the entire flow and mechanics of a map, just because they arent creative enough to actually make a well enough class and go about playing all around the map. Campers dont really hinder my experience on CoD virtually in any way, i stil manage to kill them, and sometimes they kill me. Camping is something that will never go away on Live, in any game, but i was just wondering how someone could really enjoy it and justify it when it lacks creativty in every manner.

           

          I just take that you are a camper as well. Looks like someone likes to sit in corners and stare at a doorway just to feel better about themselves. Pretty sad man.

          • Re: What really is the point of camping?
            frats74

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            HA, that's LOGIC?

             

            Yes. Logic.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Are you kidding me?

             

            Nope.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Camping is the most annoying method of gaming on xbox live.

             

            Nope. That's your opinion.

             

            The true most annoying methods of gaming are Boosting, Hacking, Cheating, etc... In other words, methods that Violate the Banning Policy.

             

            But, I understand why don't like it and find it annoying - you got killed by one and you can't let it go.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Did i ask for them to stand out in the open to "feel better about myself" ?

             

            That's what you want.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            No. I just stated how dumb camping really is, and how someone  could justify it.

             

            If it was so dumb, why were you killed by one?

             

            Camping is a tactic. It is used in the real world by every military regardless of faction (Government, Cartels, Freedom Fighters, Rebels, etc...)

             

            As I stated: No one will stand out in the open so you can kill them and feel better about yourself.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            It's pretty annoying when someone is sitting in the back of a map with assassin and sniper, and cuts off the entire flow and mechanics of a map,

             

            That is actually what snipers do - Take out enemy targets from afar and demoralize the enemy.

             

            I don't expect you to know or believe that. You aren't military trained nor have you served on active duty and engaged in a firefight.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            just because they arent creative enough to actually make a well enough class and go about playing all around the map.

             

            Creative? This isn't Art Class.

             

            There's no instruction manual that states we have run around every inch of the map like we're playing tag.

             

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Campers dont really hinder my experience on CoD virtually in any way, i stil manage to kill them, and sometimes they kill me.

             

            Good! So, why are you complaining about them?

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Camping is something that will never go away on Live, in any game,

             

            Except in racing games.

             


            Vizconti wrote:

             

            but i was just wondering how someone could really enjoy it and justify it when it lacks creativty in every manner.

             

             

            Just like in real life, the element of surpise is a factor that justifies it.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            I just take that you are a camper as well.

             

            I have to take cover when fired upon and return fire when I can so I don't die.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Looks like someone likes to sit in corners and stare at a doorway just to feel better about themselves.

             

            You're the one who wants to feel better about himself. You went to the internet to complain.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            Pretty sad man.

             

            I know you are.

             

            Message was edited by: frats74

  • Re: What really is the point of camping?
    tezzab

    well TBH alot of campers rack up kill streaks...if you have 2/3 party team players they can hold down a spot by camping it out very well...thus the point of online playing....killing people!

     

    if you dont camp well all good for you...if you keep getting killed by a camper in the same spot...either stop gettin frustrated and trying to rush him (your just helping him),or change tactics,throw a grenade,put on blast shield,use FMJ and shoot him tru a wall,equip a launcher....etc.

     

    i hope this answers the question/helps you in your future endevours.

    • Re: What really is the point of camping?
      frats74

      tezzab wrote:

       

      if you keep getting killed by a camper in the same spot...either stop gettin frustrated and trying to rush him (your just helping him),or change tactics,throw a grenade,put on blast shield,use FMJ and shoot him tru a wall,equip a launcher....etc.

       

      Exactly!

       

      @Vizconti stated on his original post "I just dont understand how someone can not only have the patience, but the diligence to keep going back to the SAME spot every. single. time. and just wait for people to walk by."

       

      This meant he went back to the same spot to kill the camper.

       

      If I get killed by a camper, I have a choice to either go back or go somewhere else.

       

      If I choose to go back to where the camper is, I change tactics. Sometimes, I even change classes.

       

      Based on the positive things he posted about a camper having the patience and diligence, it seems he might even secretly admire them.

       

      Message was edited by: frats74

      • Re: What really is the point of camping?

        Hey, i'm a pretty stubborn guy. I just think it's stupid to sit in the same spot and rack up kills, so i go and get the guy who killed me, if he does even manage to kill me.

         

        And secretly admire them? that's the cutest thing ever... I take it by your name "frats74" you enjoy the company of men enrolled in college living in a confined space? that is also very very cute

         

        I never stated how i approach campers, but it's easy to insinuate where a camper goes when you occasionally run by his former spot and bam there he is, camping away. or on the map when the red dot where he is located is in the same. spot. every time.

         

        and i actually dont get killed by campers that much, i end up killing them. i just dont understand why they continue to sit in the same spot. i dont see how someone can enjoy it or find it fun.

         

        but yes, since i made a post saying how blatantly stupid campers are, i secretly admire them (sarcasm)

        • Re: What really is the point of camping?
          frats74

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          Hey, i'm a pretty stubborn guy.

           

          Obviously. You stated you hate this forum and yet you're still here.

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          I just think it's stupid to sit in the same spot and rack up kills, so i go and get the guy who killed me, if he does even manage to kill me.

           

          It seems you're just both determined.

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          And secretly admire them?

           

          You did state that campers are patient and diligent.

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          that's the cutest thing ever...

           

          Those were your statements regarding campers.

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          I take it by your name "frats74" you enjoy the company of men enrolled in college living in a confined space?

           

          Not at all, frats is short for Fraternity; which stands for brotherhood. 74 is the abbreviation for the year I was born - 1974.

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          that is also very very cute

           

          That's the second time in your post that you've used the word "cute". I think you're the one who enjoys the company of men enrolled in college living in a confined space.

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          I never stated how i approach campers, but it's easy to insinuate where a camper goes when you occasionally run by his former spot and bam there he is, camping away. or on the map when the red dot where he is located is in the same. spot. every time.

           

          and i actually dont get killed by campers that much, i end up killing them. i just dont understand why they continue to sit in the same spot. i dont see how someone can enjoy it or find it fun.

           

          So, why are you complaining about them if you're the one who ends up killing them?

           

           

          Vizconti wrote:

           

          but yes, since i made a post saying how blatantly stupid campers are, i secretly admire them (sarcasm)

           

          You never stated that campers are stupid. You stated that they're patient and diligent with no sarcasm.

    • Re: What really is the point of camping?

      thanks man but i forgot to mention that i already know how to combat campers, i'm just asking as to why people still do it. it's easy to kill a camper.. but theyre just all so annoying. especially when youre one away from a killstreak and you run into a room without checking the corners and there he is right there.. camping away... easy to combat against, but still annoying and stupid

      • Re: What really is the point of camping?
        frats74

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        thanks man but i forgot to mention that i already know how to combat campers, i'm just asking as to why people still do it. it's easy to kill a camper.. but theyre just all so annoying. especially when youre one away from a killstreak and you run into a room without checking the corners and there he is right there.. camping away...

         

        There's the real reason why you're complaining.

         

         

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        easy to combat against,

         

        Nope. If it was, why are you complaining? This is about you being one kill away from earning a Killstreak Reward and you got killed by a camper because you ran into room without checking corners.

         

         

         

        Vizconti wrote:

         

        but still annoying and stupid

         

        Sore loser.

        • Re: What really is the point of camping?

          you have made no valid arguments despite the fact that you make your post pretty with highlights, quotes, and underlined words. you are awarded no points. you do not pass go. you do not collect $200. and camping is still not justifiable. periods. serious quotes. i am making valid statements because i end my sentences with periods. this means i am right. you are wrong. you were born in 1974 you say? you are how old? 39? and you are on the butt end of an already pre-determined argument of why one of the least skilled methods in gaming is not justifiable, all while over the computer.

           

          fraternity? brotherhood? you mean frat houses? brotherhood houses? houses in college? shouldnt you be a bit old for that? i do not even understand why i am arguing with someone who is named "Brotherhood74", all while based off of fraternities, when you should be well beyond the college life.

           

          you may post anything you wish. quote as many of the lines i say as you want. underline them. make them perfect prose. correct my grammar if you will as well, but i will no longer answer back. this argument is done. your name is frats74 and you highlighted words with pink, claiming that i enjoy the company of men when i called your feeble comebacks cute for how they lack substance and creativity behind them.

           

          if you enjoy sitting in a corner, staring at a door, then go ahead, be my guest! but, at the end of the day, camping is still uncreative, and even if it is enjoyed, still stupid.  indeed, campers are patient and diligent, to stare at a doorway and when killed, go back to the same spot, instead of scaling the map that is put before, and virtually wasting their time, in the end it is ultimately stupid, uncreative, and most of the time useless.

           

          if you have any intelligence whatsoever, you will not even reply, for i will not read it. this argument is well over due, and all it has been is you quoting what i have said, and making pointless statements that have no purpose whatsoever. at the end of the day, if you need to continue arguing over something that is pointless, just to feel better about yourself, then go ahead! enjoy talking to yourself, for i will not answer.

           

           

          with that, i leave this to you in order to sum up my feelings towards your arguments made on this thread.. and i sure hope everyone on this forum is not as stupid as you are...

          • Re: What really is the point of camping?
            frats74

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            you have made no valid arguments despite the fact that you make your post pretty with highlights, quotes, and underlined words.

             

            Wrong. I stated logic, rebutted your posts, quoted your replies and pointed out facts. My arguements were all valid.

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            you are awarded no points. you do not pass go. you do not collect $200.

             

            This isn't Monopoly.

             

            You made no sense.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            and camping is still not justifiable.

             

            No. Camping is a tactic. As I have stated, no one will stand out in the open just so you can kill them and feel better about yourself.

             

            This is about you getting killed by a camper when you were one kill away from a Killstreak Reward.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            periods. serious quotes.

             

            Once again, you made no sense.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            i am making valid statements because i end my sentences with periods. this means i am right. you are wrong.

             

            No. Just because you end your sentences with periods doesn't mean you made valid statements, nor does it make you right.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            you were born in 1974 you say? you are how old? 39?

             

            It's nice to know you took your smart pill today and you were able to do simple math, or did you use a calculator? I bet you did it without the calculator because a calculator would have given you the right answer and you wouldn't have to post your reply in the form of a question.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            and you are on the butt end of an already pre-determined argument of why one of the least skilled methods in gaming is not justifiable, all while over the computer.

             

            You're right, you lost.

             

            If it's a least skilled method, why complain about it?

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            fraternity? brotherhood? you mean frat houses? brotherhood houses? houses in college? shouldnt you be a bit old for that?

             

            I am, but I'm not in college.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            i do not even understand why i am arguing with someone who is named "Brotherhood74", all while based off of fraternities, when you should be well beyond the college life.

             

            Because you're desperate to win an arguement you already lost. You can't even stay on topic.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            you may post anything you wish. quote as many of the lines i say as you want. underline them. make them perfect prose. correct my grammar if you will as well, but i will no longer answer back.

             

            Done.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            this argument is done.

             

            I know.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            your name is frats74

             

            Yes. Very good.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            and you highlighted words with pink,

             

            Done, just for you.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            claiming that i enjoy the company of men when i called your feeble comebacks cute for how they lack substance and creativity behind them.

             

            What's the matter? You don't like it when someone uses your own words against you?

             

            I don't waste creativity or substance on players who get killed easily by campers.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            if you enjoy sitting in a corner, staring at a door, then go ahead, be my guest!

             

            I'd rather be drinking beer.

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            but, at the end of the day, camping is still uncreative,

             

            It wasn't meant to be creative, but it did get you killed.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            and even if it is enjoyed, still stupid.

             

            I'm sure the camper that killed you would disagree. I bet he got an AC-130 when he killed you and got you in the final killcam.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            indeed, campers are patient and diligent, to stare at a doorway and when killed, go back to the same spot, instead of scaling the map that is put before, and virtually wasting their time, in the end it is ultimately stupid, uncreative, and most of the time useless.

             

            They have a choice; they can Camp or Run 'N Gun.

             

            It can't be as useless as you stated it since you got killed by one.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            if you have any intelligence whatsoever, you will not even reply, for i will not read it.

             

            I have the intelligence and I have the right to defend myself and my statements. If you don't want to read my reply, then don't.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            this argument is well over due, and all it has been is you quoting what i have said, and making pointless statements that have no purpose whatsoever.

             

            No. Your statements are pointless. Here, let me Quote you:

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            i am making valid statements because i end my sentences with periods. this means i am right. you are wrong.

             

            That is pointless, and I made it pink just for you!

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            at the end of the day, if you need to continue arguing over something that is pointless, just to feel better about yourself, then go ahead! enjoy talking to yourself, for i will not answer.

             

            Exactly. Your thread is pointless. This is about your misguided and miplaced anger.

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            with that, i leave this to you in order to sum up my feelings towards your arguments made on this thread..

             

            Okay.

             

             

            Vizconti wrote:

             

            and i sure hope everyone on this forum is not as stupid as you are...

             

            You are so desperate to get the last word and win a losing arguement that you even resorted to a childish form of subliminal text to gain supporters and sympathizers. That way, anyone who doesn't want to be known as or referred to as stupid will stand up for you.

             

             

             

            Message was edited by: frats74

  • Re: What really is the point of camping?
    tezzab

    i LOL's alot at this thread,camping is justified in every sense as its a tactic,i know gamers who rush,kill and when are near their kill streak reward,camp...this was so effective by a clan mate that he went 50 2 and 1 got a MOAB in one match,then the very next game went 51 3 and 4 and got his MOAB again,and he incorperated skill kills and camping and kill streak kills to achieve this (proof is in his vault or on youtube i think) and i was in

    awe....

     

    camping on MW3 is part of the god dam game same as quick scoping....its frustrating and makes your tactic go out the window. i bet there has been a game where there was either very few or no campers and you played well got kill streaks and a good KDR??

     

    because u played calm and had fun...then campers came along and spoiled your fun...you suck in the game KDR and kill streaks suck and you turn off the game in frustration and complain on here...

     

     

    like i said earlier...either change tactics or change games...simples

    • Re: What really is the point of camping?
      frats74

      tezzab wrote:

       

      you suck in the game KDR and kill streaks suck and you turn off the game in frustration and complain on here...

       

       

      Yep.

       

       

      tezzab wrote:

       

      like i said earlier...either change tactics or change games...simples

       

      He'll just play Just Dance on Kinect instead. Probably going to try Harlem Shake on Easy.