1 595 596 597 598 599 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,960. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

teanah wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

i have question for Tina or Ghandi or anybody else from IW
    are u guys planning to add new game modes or anything to MW3?

What kind of game mode are you hoping for? We're up for suggestions!

hi Tina
    something for fun, i dunno let s say for example 3rd person mode with extra health with limited choice of weapons like MITD, something with extreme recoil hihi

even shotguns and pistols only game mode sounds fun

btw i want to thank to IW for balancing this game compared to MW2, that we dont see things like Danger Close, Marathon or One Man Army in MW3, now i m trying to play MW2 multiplayer a lot i can see how these and other things can ruin gameplay there. so i want to say with long delay, thanks for those balance changes!

• 5,961. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

vims1990 wrote:

Teanah, if I may add to Maccabi's "future games idea" board.....can I please request that we never see deathstreaks ever again?

Would be greatly appreciated

If they absolutely must have them, I'd recommend locking them after a player prestiges. Afterall, at some point, training wheels have to come off. Players won't improve if you don't make them.

Something I suggested for Treyarch that never got implemented, that I thought would be really useful, would be a tutorial mode type thing. It would be similar to Single Player in that it sort of teaches you the ropes. Only this time, instead of teaching you basic gameplay buttons (Fire, Crouch, Aim, ect..), it teaches you actual tactics.

So for example, there would be a "Basics" tutorial which teaches you the concept of flash banging to clear a room, or how to flank. How to use cover while capping objectives or how to optimize your loadout for certain gameplay styles. Things that most people should know, but many don't seem to understand. Things that would help a lot of people improve.

It would play a video showing the AI doing it, and then you do the technique yourself and get a grade based upon how well you managed to replicate the technique. It would be a good and useful way to teach beginners some of the tactics that players use, without just throwing them into the game and telling them "figure it out yourself!".

Just something I'd like to see done in a future game. Something that everyone can benefit from.

• 5,962. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

Liked the locking deathstreaks idea however I would lock it once the player reaches max XP before prestiging. Reason being players won't prestige as they'll still have access to deathstreaks.

On the topic of deathstreaks, I understand the concept of deathstreaks from IW's point of view but as you stated, the training wheels must come off at some point.

I was once a noob at COD back in COD1 on PC. I know how much it sucks to die alot by better players but playing against them taught me alot and I eventually got to their level.

Treyarch haven't forgotten about the new players. They've added boot camp, combat training objectives and private matches with a bot enabled to get them started without the need of deathstreaks.

I know they've got this "Noob to Veteran" series on COD Elite TV as well.

There are various methods of helping new players but why use a system to punish players for playing well?

• 5,963. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

Another option could be to give the player the CHOICE to select a death streat or a different perk.  Basically have the fourth slot for DS, but from the selection, give the players the choice of any perks that are currently unlocked as well as the DS's.  If not a perk, then a 4th killstreak.

I think what we would see is that a lot of the higher up players opting for another perk/killstreak, as opposed to a DS.

• 5,964. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Shun the DS users. No more.. they had last year to get adapted.

Anyway.. How are you doing Sis? Can you give Teanah a wet willy?!

• 5,965. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

ChestSplittah wrote:

Wait what

• 5,966. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

teanah wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

Wait what

Don't worry, I have faith you can fight her off and turn the tables. Make it happen so that you may shame ChestSplittah for wishing such things on you.

• 5,967. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

death streaks are school sports day participation medals as much as i loved abusing the system with dmh we should NEVER have a system that rewards a player for dying alot. This is why people dispise death streaks so much as usually the situation you find yourself in is you are punished for doing well as you kill a guy again who then insta blows up next you .

You just have to look on the blackops2 forum or twitter or youtube (i would say reddit but we all know its populated by crazy people) , amid the many wah fix you game posts and wah lag comp killed me comments you wont find a single gee i wish we had death streaks comment as that would really help me when i died.

Also we NEED dinosaur rawr camo.

• 5,968. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

teanah wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

Wait what

Damn... You caught me. You don't know what a wet willy is?!! Not that one. Please no more Death Streaks... Please.

• 5,969. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

kastro187420 wrote:

teanah wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

Wait what

Don't worry, I have faith you can fight her off and turn the tables. Make it happen so that you may shame ChestSplittah for wishing such things on you.

Hater...