1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 7:42 AM by ukscorpz Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rdnsnow

    Scorestreaks aren't the problem they are what separates cod from other fps games. If I want a fun arcade shooter I play cod. If I want a little more realism ill play battlefield.

  • 51. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

    Tifosi92 wrote:

     

    Actually, the worst it can possibly get is two Dragonfires, two AGRs, a Warthog, a VTOL Warship, a Lodestar, a K9 Unit, and a drone swarm. Me, my brother, my sister, and a friend of mine actually managed to call all that in at once one time--it was hilarious how many kills it managed. xD

     

    And on your second point, I disagree. I don't find myself adjusting my gameplay in comparison to previous games to accommodate the impact of streak bonuses on the gameplay. The only major difference is a few seconds out of each match to blow a UAV or something else out of the sky. I don't often get killed directly as a result of a streak bonuses--the odd Stealth Chopper will get me every once in a while, or a UAV will help someone find me more easily, but it's only about once every few matches. In my case, anyway.

     

    If they brought vehicles back, I wouldn't mind seeing streak-related bonuses disappear.

     

    TBH... your worst case above is 9 streaks a team has to deal with versus 3 pre-MW2. It illustrates the emphasis BO2 has in regards to them.

     

    Again, consider:

     

    Multiple streaks can be up because people would whine they couldn't call them in.

     

    Ghost was broken up becuase people complained their UAV never showed anything or my Chopper just flies around shooting nothing.

     

    "I went on a 23 kill streak but only got 3 rewards..." Now streaks re-cycle.

     

    "I went 9-0 but only got to call in a UAV in SnD..." Now streaks carry over rounds.

     

     

    All of these adjustments to gameplay were done to accomdate streaks. As a result, the emphasis on streaks has significantly increased. They have given you tools to deal with them... other than the HK, none of them bother me at all. However, there is little doubt streaks have impacted design decisions from perks to map design (there is a reason most structures have either glass or openings).

     

    I'm also not asking for their removal...

     

    ... they are just over-emphasized in COD today.

  • 52. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

    rdnsnow wrote:

     

    Scorestreaks aren't the problem they are what separates cod from other fps games. If I want a fun arcade shooter I play cod. If I want a little more realism ill play battlefield.

     

    ... sigh...

     

    I'm not speaking about removing them.

     

    They are simply over-emphasized... it detracts from gun play and the overall experience.

  • 53. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

    Got to be honest, the way I see it is that Black Ops 2 offers far too many killstreaks and rewards the wrong people with them.

     

    I'm sure you've all been there:

     

    Your team is losing, but holding their ground, when suddenly, one or two players on the opposition begin getting killstreaks. Suddenly, the enemy can see your position on the map, they're bombing you, hunter killers are screaming in, and ARG begins roaming, and finally, dogs begin chasing you down. Just one or two players can turn a game from a bit uneven to "holy hell, this sucks."

     

    I'd love it if the number of killstreaks a player could earn was reduced and the amount of uses by a team in a minute were capped. Finally, if a team is falling behind, give them some boosts. It would be much more enjoyable if a team that was struggling was given a bit of a handicap to try and swing the odds.

     

    I just find it aggravating how heavily the killstreaks can suddenly and swiftly influence a game.

  • 54. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    JSlayer211

    Did you invent death streaks by any chance?

  • 55. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

    VTPlayer411 wrote:

     

    Got to be honest, the way I see it is that Black Ops 2 offers far too many killstreaks and rewards the wrong people with them.

     

    I'm sure you've all been there:

     

    Your team is losing, but holding their ground, when suddenly, one or two players on the opposition begin getting killstreaks. Suddenly, the enemy can see your position on the map, they're bombing you, hunter killers are screaming in, and ARG begins roaming, and finally, dogs begin chasing you down. Just one or two players can turn a game from a bit uneven to "holy hell, this sucks."

     

    I'd love it if the number of killstreaks a player could earn was reduced and the amount of uses by a team in a minute were capped. Finally, if a team is falling behind, give them some boosts. It would be much more enjoyable if a team that was struggling was given a bit of a handicap to try and swing the odds.

     

    I just find it aggravating how heavily the killstreaks can suddenly and swiftly influence a game.

     

    Game I was in last night... I had two sentries and an AGR, another guy had dogs and an Escort Drone, plus a VSAT and CUAV... all on my team. At the same time.

     

    Simply too much emphasis.

  • 56. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    darkstaar13

    Killstreaks are great.  If you don't think the game was designed for absurdly stupid people then you got bigger problems than killstreaks.  Laughing at people going for high scorestreaks is it's own reward and if you are trying to win there are people laughing at you.  Relax pay your money and never ever question design because you payed for a poorly designed game.

  • 57. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

    darkstaar13 wrote:

     

    Killstreaks are great.  If you don't think the game was designed for absurdly stupid people then you got bigger problems than killstreaks.  Laughing at people going for high scorestreaks is it's own reward and if you are trying to win there are people laughing at you.  Relax pay your money and never ever question design because you payed for a poorly designed game.

     

    Nah... I prefer to voice my opinion about flaws in the game design and how these can avoided or even changed now.

     

    This is far from a rant and I'm far from upset.

     

    Thanks for the thinly veiled concern.

  • 58. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    SitRepPro

    rdnsnow wrote:

     

    Scorestreaks aren't the problem they are what separates cod from other fps games. If I want a fun arcade shooter I play cod. If I want a little more realism ill play battlefield.

     

    Actually scorestreaks are just like Battlefield.  You're using ground assault vehicles and aerial vehicles to kill people with, just in a slightly different manner.

  • 59. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    PandasRpeople2

    You know, I think the problem in BO2 is that the devs went too far in trying to get people to play the objective.

     

    Play TDM, and in the average game you won't see a Scorestreak higher than a Lightning Strike or Sentry Gun called in -- and sometimes not even that.

     

    Whereas, a lot of Domination games kick off round 2 with one team deploying an Orbital VSAT plus Lodestar or worse.

     

    I mean, 200 points for a capture, plus an extra 25 points per kill if its a capture/defend kill?  Stack that with Hardline and all of a sudden, streaks that are extremely difficult to obtain in FFA or TDM are obtained rather too easily.

     

    Getting a Warthog in TDM takes a 14 gun kill streak (12 with Hardline).  But in Domination with Hardline on, say you cap your opening flag and two enemy flags, killing three enemies who are guarding near those flags along the way. How many more kills out in the open do you need for that Warthog?

     

    Just 4.  Seven total kills instead of fourteen.  Only six total if you've gotten a bit of UAV assist (which of course you have).  Sure, you risk death more readily going for captures, but still... when you barely need more than Bloodthirsty streaks to unlock some of the deadliest air support in your arsenal, something seems wrong.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next