43 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 5:21 PM by Jinx484 RSS

Why Havent They Fixed the lag issues?

I dont like how the community Tweets Treyarch or posts on their Facebook walls and they just ignore them. Why is a three bar a 2 bar? Not everyone has good connection. Others in the house are gonna use the internet and make us lag even more. Any tips on how to improve connection? I sometimes even wire it the xbox. Or is just this game bwcause other games work just fine.

• Re: Why Havent They Fixed the lag issues?
    b4thedevil

Have you opened up your ports? also you can't expect them to fix a problem in a day, it might take weeks to figure out even whats causing it game wide and how to fix it if it is the servers.

NoLifeKing29

They are busy hyping up their MLG that 99% of the playerbase doesn't even care about. And of those 1% that do, 99% of them don't even come close to competing for anything of value.

b4thedevil

I havent had bad lag problems with this game at all, and i'm playing on a wi fi home net work where sometimes my mom is on her laptop, step dad is on the pc, brother is playing battlefield 3 on ps3, and im on blops2 on xbox live all at the same time. I did have problems when I lived on my own though with the og black ops when my roommates boyfriend was on youtube, but that was because we had the slowest internetspeed that our provider had, we upgraded it which did cost more but it help alot!

tinyman2010

I find the lag comp weird, if I'm in a lobby with ALL New Zealand players there's minimum lag, if I'm in a lobby with NZr's and Aussie players only the Aussie players will drop to 3 yellow bars and below meanwhile the NZ players stay green. If I join a lobby hosted by an Aussie player I get 3 yellow bars. I know the connection between NZ and Aussie should be sweet but lag comp says otherwise.

Don't really care for the issue anymore really, seems easier to just party up with 5 other players/friends and even if there is yellow bar players they get cleaned up quite easily.

You can improve the connection by reseting your stats with "fresh restart", by doing this your profile won't be affected by the agressive skill based matchmaking algorithm and you will find more people and better connection lobbies.

WonkySausage

Unfotunately, Treyarch, or any game developer for that matter cannot fix "lag issues". Obviously because no game developer is responsible for your internet connection. The only thing they can fix is matchmaking, so that you're put in lobbies with players with similar connection/ping to you..

However, the 4 people in countries like Germany, Netherlands, France and Italy that own this game kicked up a stink that they weren't getting into any lobbies, so treyarch thought it would be a good (slow hand clap) idea to match them with people hundreds of miles away in lobbies from the UK or Asia lol - and then everyone wonders why lag increases.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to change this so, you have to like it and lump it and carry on.

Issues such as ridiculously poor matchmaking basically mean that all the hard work Treyarch and other game developers put into stats, actually makes stats irrelevant and meaningless - I mean, if your KD is negative because you were constantly put into lobbies where you were put on the losing team with swarms and dogs flying about - how is taking 15 instant deaths, and a loss an accurate representation of your stats/gameplay?

mw2snipergod

i see lag all the time not just in cod but other games to i did this and it help me alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6BhZlaUJIs&list=HL1363616018&feature=mh_lolz

xmrythem

this game has played the same for me since day 1. I "lag" as much as I always have on ANY COD game. The game plays fine for me.

Gulfport1

I went from 50 meg cable internet to 6meg after moving to the woods. LOL I have to say with the slower internet I get much better game play and less lag. Go figure.

crazycanuk

I have played COD since COD2, and I have to say this is by far the worst game for lag issues.  I NEVER had these issues on any other game and my internet has been consistent.  This game is where all the issues have unfolded...even at the beginning of MW3 I was having issues, but those were resolved shortly after launch.

Would be great if COD went to servers.

xmrythem

depending on how far you moved, or even just a block a way, there is a strong chance that your route completely different than you did before.

It has been stated by the Dev's that this game takes less than 1 mb to play. So your connection fast or slow has nothing to do with your "lag".

maccabi

Gulfport1 wrote:

I went from 50 meg cable internet to 6meg after moving to the woods. LOL I have to say with the slower internet I get much better game play and less lag. Go figure.

cable usually has higher latency than adsl for starters especially if you have cable in a built up area

secondly you havent got slower internet you have less bandwidth theres a massive difference

playerone2

why are you still defending lag compensation as if it does not exist. Did activision send you a free headset and a game or something?

Anybody whos seen a few of your posts, know that your "advice" is obviously skewed.

That being said.

The lag has been just about worse than ever this week (for everyone ive played with).

I even uncapped my bandwith and removed my extra routers to reduce my latency back to minimal.

And of course just as i suspected, the "lag" is worse with low latency than it is with added latency. go figure...

NathansCommunity

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  There is no lag comp, only a "working as intended" game balancing system.  This game is designed to drag all players good or bad as close to 1.0 k/d as possible.  Your skill is useless, you win will some gunfights you should have lost and you will lose alot more you should have won if you actually have any ability in the game. 

Ever had game performance change right in the middle of a round?  You went from a bad experience to good, or vice versa?  That's the game adjusting you on the fly.  Ever had a great lobby, put up an incredible score only to have a terrible game in the exact same lobby next time?  That's the game adjusting you on the fly. 

I have no evidence for any of this, it just stands to reason that Treyarch/IW/Activision all want big sales numbers.  You can't have all your noobs tossing the game in frustration after getting owned by vets when they crank it up.  You want those noobs raving about the game and getting all their noob friends to play and rave about the game.

IMO, the better you play this game the more the game will penalize you in an effort to bring the world into balance. 

Rednecksniper39

NathansCommunity wrote:

There is no lag comp,

Incorrect.

NathansCommunity

Yeah, agreed lag comp is a known mechanic.  I should have worded that IMO lag comp is not the cause of these issues.  I don't think the game is broken, I think it's working as intended.

Darkdyllon

i pull alot of Vsats dogs and swarms for my team during say demolition and during al that i plant the bomb.

yet when the game ends and the new hosts gets chosen for the next game all of a sudden im the 1 getting raped by the exact same enemies.

i played MW2 yesterday it played smooth little lag here and there but i was on a 3 bar and i had the same chance as any other infact got my nuke aswell.

black ops 1 i played was good and all but i again felt the major difference between MW2 and Black ops 1.

then MW3 i pulled off another MOAB and it was fun for a good while.

now black ops 2.

everyone i play with keep saying how this game has potential and how bad the lag comp is.

and at times i can see how this happens.

in every COD i run around getting the higher streaks by my reaction and accuracy.

in black ops 2 i have to sit in cover at al time hoping i dont get spammed to death by C4's and to see an enemy run around the corner and shoot me earlier then i can pull the trigger(and im even in ADS)

your not gonna tell me and im not gonna believe it that its my part for not pulling the trigger fast enough if it happens like 20x an match(i even run n gun in bo2 and fail alot due to how bad the lag is in this game)

i get ranked up against players from belgium and germany and from netherlands where i live.

and stil the connection is so bad?

good luck but come on this game has the worse connection out of every game even BO1 had better lag than this

playerone2

NathansCommunity wrote:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  There is no lag comp, only a "working as intended" game balancing system.  This game is designed to drag all players good or bad as close to 1.0 k/d as possible.  Your skill is useless, you win will some gunfights you should have lost and you will lose alot more you should have won if you actually have any ability in the game. 

I definately agree with this. But "lag compensation" plays a big role.

I couldnt even get a vsat until I added latency to my conection. I couldnt add much. but about a steady 30-50ms over what i normally have(which is very low).

After i capped it I and added some "inline" latency. I have managed to get my K/D up around 2+ while keeping my spm up and playing as part of the team. but i am being a little more cautious to keep it that high.

If i remove the latency. theres no way in hell i can get a vsat. a barely get a care package. The artificial lag it much worse than actual lag.

XxDrDeatxX

I quit over 20 matches today cause I was either getting killed before I even came around a corner (although that's not what kill cam showed) or my guns were shooting blanks. Every match I quit, I was the host. Made the game completely unplayable for me tonight.

Maybe we should start ******** to Microsoft and maybe they will get on someone's ass and get things fixed!!

Nubdub

I've been getting this alot lately too. It's like the game is predicting where I am going to be in the other players eyes when I am not even there yet and it's making me die before I even reach the opposing players sight on my screen. Its been happening the last week or so. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. They have cranked up the prediction compensation to an even higher level.

Its all because they want high pings to play with low pings so that Matchmaking waiting times are minimal. It is a trade off. Treyarch wanted it to be quick and easy, like everything in BO2.

Nubdub

Arti4 wrote:

Its all because they want high pings to play with low pings so that Matchmaking waiting times are minimal. It is a trade off. Treyarch wanted it to be quick and easy, like everything in BO2.

How can you even counter with skill having your character be ahead on opposing players screen of where you even are on your own damn screen? There is no way you can adjust to that. I guess I could walk backwards the entire game.

That is the side effect that Treyarch are willing to accept so that Matchmaking is fast.

In BO2, gunplay skill has little bearing on outcome.

The skill that keeps my K/D up, is my knowledge and movement around maps, use of radar and teammate locations, knowing the (dodgy) spawns etc.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I thought I was just paranoid. I am also experiencing the same thing and it seems like I am receiving damages faster than ever. I first noticed this with the last TU. I am now receiving damages when I'm rounding the corner and even when I am behind cover and the enemy isn't even facing me directly. My weekly average KD is down by 0.2 and SPM is down by 30+ points as a direct result of these changes I am experiencing. Skill based matchmaking was also cranked up and I am experiencing tougher competition.

This is correct, i also did some tests with packet delay (increasing ping) and i was kinda 1 second ahead of everyone, and yes i know its cheating, i just did it to test some thing. Then i turned my script off, my ping has become low again (stable 4 bar) and i was 1 second behind everyone.

The best results (connection) is when you add slightly more latency to your connection so you will get a boost, to much latency will give you a disadvantage. The best connection is when your connection bar switches from 4 bar to 3 bar for the whole match, a 95ms - 105ms ping.

Jinx484

I could've sworn I posted comments on this thread.  What happened?