16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 10:53 AM by NotablePie RSS

Weapons  in Need of Nerf, and Buff.

Alright so I'll be posting about some weapons that I think need some Buffing and Some Nerfing.

First off let me start with Nerfing.

-Nerf-

-B93R-Now in my Opinion this gun is pretty Balanced, but Can defintly out Class any weapon at Short to Medium Range. It usually does a 1-3 Burst kill at these Ranges. I myself think it needs more Recoil, and Alittle less Damage at these Ranges. It's not firing a 5.56 round but a 9mm round. Berreta, 9mm, 3 rounds.

-MSMC-This Gun is almost balanced due to it's low Magazine. But honestly I don't think it's that Balanced. It kills within 4-6 bullets, and has little to no recoil. Now I'm not saying this Gun is OP, but I think it needs More recoil.

-PDW-Now I know alot of people think this Gun isn't OP and some people think this gun is OP, but I'm here to tell you, it can be both at times. It's 50 round Magazine Makes it a Sprayer, and since it kills in 6-10 bullets it can be Overpowerd. Aswell as it's Recoil. I think this Gun needs more Recoil. Overall this Gun is pretty Balanced.

-MTAR-I myself have never seen this posted as Overpowered, But alot of times it can be. While using the PDW or Shotgun, this AR usally out guns me in CQC and LRC, it does a 6-10 Bullet kill, and at long ranges with it's low Recoil does a 3 bullet kill. I think this Gun needs alot more Recoil.

-870-All and All this Gun is pretty Balanced, but while using other Shotguns This one has always won in CQC. While using the KSG, The 870 can destroy me at the same range, unless the KSG has long barrel. This Gun fires Buckshot and is Very Deadly at medium Range(For shotguns). I think this Gun needs more spread while aim down Sights. It fires like a Slug round while ADS. Needs way more Spread.

-SVU-AS-This Gun In my opinion is by Far the least used Sniper. But when it comes down to it, this gun has No shot delay time, and you can spray with it. This gun has very little Recoil either, which makes it good for spraying victims at long range. I think this gun either needs More Recoil, or a Shot delay.

-DSR 50-This Gun is Crazy, litterly. This Gun always is a OHK. I've noticed while getting merched by this badboy, that Silencer has no effect on it. This gun while using Silencer needs to be a 2 hit kill. Also, this gun is by Far the fastest gun to ADS. This gun needs a slower ADS time.

-All LMGs- These Guns are very deadly. The Recoil on these are just pathetic. It's sad that all Guns, including pistols have alot more Recoil then these things. Not to mention the LMGs are almost if not always an instant kill. If I was to call any gun in this game "OP" this class would top it. The little Recoil, and High Damage, make these an unstopable killing Machine. I think these Guns need alot more Recoil, or Less damage.

Now onto Buffing.

-Buff-

-Scar-H-This gun is by Far the least used. The Recoil is just terrible, then lets not mention the Damage. It's sad that all other guns have extremly low recoil then this gun has. No matter what you do to this gun, it always has terrible recoil. I tried putting Stock, Grip, and Silencer on it, and it still jumped around like a frog on steriods. This gun in my opinion needs alot, and I mean alot less Recoil. The Attachments for this Gun do nothing to it. Alot less Recoil is needed to use this gun.

-Ballista-This Gun is usally a 1 hit kill when using the Reqular sights. But when using Iron sights this gun becomes almost immpossible to use. The constant No bullet registration, the 2 hit kills to chest, and the sway. This gun in my opinion needs a Damage Buff, and needs to be looked into about the Bullet registration.

-SVU-AS-This gun I mentioned in the Nerfing, but Honestly this gun needs a Huge Damage Buff. I think it should be just like the past "Dragunov" Sometimes a 1 hitter but never more then 2 bullets needed. I mean how are you supposed to get the "1 shot, 1 kill" assignment for this thing?

-TAC-45-By far one of my most Favorite guns. This Gun shots .45 Cal rounds, but does little damage even at close range. Most guns, even the Five Seven outclass this gun at almost every range. The recoil on this Needs to be Nerfed and the Damage needs a Buff.

-Executioner-I use this Gun with my Sniper class and I have to say, I'm really disapointed. This gun Fires 28 Gauge Buckshot rounds, but does little damage. The range of this gun is terrible, aswell as the Damage. Even when Putting on long barrel this gun blows at Close and medium Range(For pistols). This gun in my opinion is worthless and needs a Mega Damage Buff, and Range buff.

-CrossBow-This Weapon is just usless to have. Even when using tri-bolt you have to hit the Target to kill the Target. 6 Bolt shots to the ground right next to the person will only kill them, as this weapon only does 10-15 damage if target is not struck. Needs a major Kill/Damage Radiuos buff.

Well that's all I have to say about the Buffing and Nerfing. I hope this proves all guns in this Game do need fixing and all guns are pretty Balanced.

• Re: Weapons  in Need of Nerf, and Buff.
    dtuchpunk

Only gonna react on the LMG's. LMG are heavy and slow when they will have less damage they will become useless

IMO, all the assault rifles need buffs because everyone is using SMG's and the AR's are awful, especially the type 25.

iR3bOrN

SMGz are really good in Bo II especially MSMC is my favourite and Assault Rifles are kind of underrated, but the Damage is good which makes it fair enough and Imo: Shock Charges are bit more effective which really sucks people start camping with shoch charges, once i get Hit by it i feel like putting my controller down lol, Anyways Bo II is the best COD out, prefectly Balanced.

Can´t tell if anything really needs a nerf or its just lag playing in. My impression is that 1. The guns handle differently compared to the last couple of games, especially shotguns, which takes some getting use to 2. The pace of the game has picked up too much (in my humble opinion) meaning that its mostly all about who draws quicker and lets the most bullets fly first, therefore SMG´s are just more effectiv.

-PDW-Now I know alot of people think this Gun isn't OP and some people think this gun is OP, but I'm here to tell you, it can be both at times. It's 50 round Magazine Makes it a Sprayer, and since it kills in 6-10 bullets it can be Overpowerd. Aswell as it's Recoil. I think this Gun needs more Recoil. Overall this Gun is pretty Balanced.

So according to the above why would you want to nerf it (if its balanced). Surely this doesn't need to be in the nerfing list!

Hack1nt0sh

Agree on the scar. That thing needs a major reduction in recoil to be able to compete with the other assault rifles.

gern

I'm bringing this post back to the front again because I'm happy that Treyarch is buffing some of the most worthless weapons.  For example, the QBB LSW lmg and M1216 weapons got some buffs with yesterday's patch which is great.  I say we run another campaign get some of the existing worthless weapons buffed:

My previous list of the most worthless weapons in need of buffs are:

1. Crossbow - needs more ammo, like 36 or 48 and/or the blast radius needs much more damage.

2. Ballistic knife - this should be a stealth weapon, instead you show up on the radar when shooting.  This needs to be buffed. Also, the reload time needs to be faster.

3. Executioner?  - I know it was buffed once before, but it needs another buff.

thebiindsniper

IMO:

Nerfs:

B23R - It fires extremely fast, and it's too powerful.  A reduction in its fire rate and an accuracy decrease would be nice.

Tac-45 - The damage on this weapon is massive.  At close range, it's usually a 2 hit kill.  Reduce the damage and the range.

Buffs:

R870 - A tiny buff in it's range, especially when it's suppressed.

SWAT-556 - A mild gap decrease between 3 round bursts.

Executioner - A mild range increase.

RPG - The explosive radius could us a slight increase.  This thing can't even kill flak jacket users.

Melee Attack - The lunge needs a buff (when attacking with a weapon held).  I feel like I'm in a circus when 3 or more players keep missing each other over and over again.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

malditor

Please tell me you are kidding about the 870 range increase... That thing kills at too far a range sometimes now, and suppressed it should be shorter range anyway.

Never buff rockets, just leads to rocket runners.

Don't add any lunge to knife, there are an acceptable amount of knife runners now, make it have more lunge and we will get more.

Rest aren't bad, but I remember that they did reduce the delay between bursts on swat and that the executioner got a buff recently too.

Izjar11

I wish they could give us an option to virtually burn a thread like this!

NotablePie

tac45 outgunned by all other pistols ?

lol no just no

seems like a nice list of i use this so buff this

this kills me regulary so nerf this