39 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 1:30 PM by rankismet RSS

Buying New Class Sets Is Pointless

you cannot change between the class sets in game....

when in game you can only use the 10 classes in that class set... like before

so whats the point.

after spending 160 of my hard earned ms points and arranging my class sets in to smg, assult etc classes i was extremelty dissapointed that you cannot change between them in game

complete waist of time

that is all

• Re: Buying New Class Sets Is Pointless
    maccabi

flea69dude wrote:

so whats the point.

after spending 160 of my hard earned ms points and arranging my class sets in to smg, assult etc classes i was extremelty dissapointed that you cannot change between them in game

complete waist of time

that is all

Whereas i set mine up to different game modes and found the additional cac slots for 160 a great addition

rankismet

Actually... not being able to change to any of the 10 slots is a big deal. I was setting up sets by gun then perks.

Does it make it worthless? No.

Is it what ANYONE was expecting? No.

Am I surprised it doesn't work as expected?

Yeah...

... but it should have been "No."

Foxhound-Pro

maccabi wrote:

flea69dude wrote:

so whats the point.

complete waist of time

that is all

Whereas i set mine up to different game modes and found the additional cac slots for 160 a great addition

This is what I did. I've a page for bombs, flags, domination, hardcore, my custom mix and FFA.

Personally, I only use two classes...

Lag: MSMC

No Lag: MP7

Both classes are identical.

asystole

Wow... really? glad to know that... I change classes all the time during games. 20 classes should mean you should have up to 20 different classes to choose from during a game.

I say this because with my style, I may have 4 different classes with the same gun, but different equipment, perks ect. I change it up all the time depending on the flow of a game.

The extra classes appealed to me, but if that's the case, I most likely will not purchase it.

trialstardragon

In fact when you get them you get 10 custom slots that can have up to 10 classes once you reach prestige 5 of course. So that is really a total of 100 classes you can make, but can only ever use 10 in any match.

rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

In fact when you get them you get 10 custom slots that can have up to 10 classes once you reach prestige 5 of course. So that is really a total of 100 classes you can make, but can only ever use 10 in any match.

Which is not what folks were expecting... truly defeats the usefulness if someone primarily plays a certain playlist.

trialstardragon

Yes but saves on time for people to chose classes instead of people getting kicked for having to scroll through 100 classes and running out of time before it kicks them. Really the biggest benefit is for those taht like to create multiple emblems, store more screen shots and movie clips. Other that that, the 10 extra is a bit overboard at the most they only really need to add 5. 50 classes should have been enough.

It is not pointless for me.  I like this extra slot pack.  The way I'm using it is to create a class set for specific game modes.  For example, I have an entire class set for hardcore kill-confirmed matches, and another for FFA matches.  I expect to have a separate one for Dom, and Demolotion, etc...

I play FFA matches with different perks, tacticals and lethals, compared to a domination class.  Previously, I would only have one FFA custom class because I wanted my other slots for other game modes.  Now, once I prestige far enough to have 10 custom class slots, I can now have 10 slots dedicated only for FFA matches.

xmrythem

what is pointless for you may not be for someone else. If they force you to buy it, its a problem. With it being an "opiton" which apparently doesn't apply to you, the purpose of this post is to complain about something that doesn't effect you directly.

again, this is a perfect example of everyone being concerned about what someone else is doing in game rather than just enjoying it.

JBurn244

Just set them up for different game modes and you'll be golden.

10 classes at my disposable for purely Domination is more than I'll even know what to do with. 5 with SMGs, 5 with ARs, stealth classes, loud classes, a couple with trophy systems, a couple with smoke.

A non-objective class set with all classes using Hardline will be great.

Either way its 160 MS points, big deal. Can't even buy lunch for that amount these days.

randomhero204

This is what your supposed to do.

Make 10 classes for Dom

Make 10 classes for kill confirmed

Make 10 classes for FFA

Make 10 classes for hardcore (why you'd ever play hc is beyond me..but anyway)

Etc

It's really convenient I think and a well worth it addition

rankismet

randomhero204 wrote:

This is what your supposed to do.

Make 10 classes for Dom

Make 10 classes for kill confirmed

Make 10 classes for FFA

Make 10 classes for hardcore (why you'd ever play hc is beyond me..but anyway)

Etc

It's really convenient I think and a well worth it addition

However, if you play HC KC 99% of the time?

Virtually no benefit.

... oh, wait... you're a core kid... nevermind.

It's an awesome purchase for league play where you don't know the game type in advance. If you only play one game type in pubs though I'd say the best way to set them would be by map.

rankismet

Zaitsev wrote:

It's an awesome purchase for league play where you don't know the game type in advance. If you only play one game type in pubs though I'd say the best way to set them would be by map.

Yes... that's one way.

... but I wish they had been clear that you don't have access to all 10 slots during a match.

Why not make the 10 classes before you play each gamemode and save 2 bucks...makes more sense to me.

OP here

prob wasn't clear from my original post but why couldn't they let you know that you can't change between classes in game before you purchase it.

i spent ages sorting all my classes out in to weapon type. now all my classes are ****** and i've gotta spend another millenum rearranging them

randomhero204

Lol "core man" to you mr.

But really even if you only play 1 game mode alllll the time make 10 different classes for a single weapon you like..

Make an mp7 speed class

Make an mp7 engineer class

Etc... It's nice to not be limited to 1 weapon type at the start of a game.

For example 1 game you may feel like rushing with an smg but next game you want to hang back with a fal.

Options are always nice.

Jimi Riddle

Personally, I find that ten different gun classes for each of ten different game types is more than adequate.

YMMV.

OrbitalVSAT,

You are probably not understanding how this new CAC slots dlc works.  I suggest you watch a youtube video and see it in action, and then you will be amazed at the class setup possibilities and what you could do for game modes.

For example, I have said earlier that I never waste a perk slot for Blind Eye in any of my classes so I always rage quit and leave a game whenever a swarm is called it.  Now, I can afford to have one class in each of my class sets that contains Blind Eye and ColdBlooded, so I I'm dying from scorestreaks or too many enemies using a target finder, I always have a class with these equipped for a specific game mode.  Another example would be playing domination.  My class setup to capture the B flag will be different than later in the game if the enemy deploys a guardian or sentry gun.  Then I can choose from the "Domination class set" for the specific class that has EMP grenades and take it out

It think this new CAC slot DLC will change the gameplay  in the future.

rankismet

gern wrote:

OrbitalVSAT,

You are probably not understanding how this new CAC slots dlc works.  I suggest you watch a youtube video and see it in action, and then you will be amazed at the class setup possibilities and what you could do for game modes.

For example, I have said earlier that I never waste a perk slot for Blind Eye in any of my classes so I always rage quit and leave a game whenever a swarm is called it.  Now, I can afford to have one class in each of my class sets that contains Blind Eye and ColdBlooded, so I I'm dying from scorestreaks or too many enemies using a target finder, I always have a class with these equipped for a specific game mode.  Another example would be playing domination.  My class setup to capture the B flag will be different than later in the game if the enemy deploys a guardian or sentry gun.  Then I can choose from the "Domination class set" for the specific class that has EMP grenades and take it out

It think this new CAC slot DLC will change the gameplay  in the future.

And that is no different than it is now.

Different would be... a class set that is "Blind Eye". 10 weapons and classes with variations. Then when the need for BE has passed and you want to select from your "Rush" set... you would select from that set.

But you can't jump between sets. Only 1 set with 10 kits.

Not what I expected.

greggggggg

i bought it and i actually like it.. i play many different game modes depending which ones of my friends are on at that moment.. some time ctf, s&d, tdm, etc.. i like it cause i have a set for all tdm guns, all ctf classes and s&d.. so if i know im playing s&d i pick that set before i get into a lobby and then i have 10 different classes i could use.. all of the sudden we decide to play ctf.. then i just have to click on that set and i have another 10 classes ready for ctf.. dont buy it if you dont want it.. its $2.. ask your parents for the money haha

rankismet,

It is different.  Here is another example: free-for-all.  In all of the times I've played free-for-all, I only recall seeing a guardian/sentry gun once.  This means it would be useless for me to ever play free for all with a class that has an EMP grenade, however, there are other game modes where I want EMP grenades.  Before the DLC came out, I only had 7 custom class slots and I would switch between free-for-all and dom and demolition and hardcore.   I would typically only have one or two class slots for a specific game "mode".  Now, I can create and entirely separate set of 7 free-for-all classes and call it my "FFAset".  My FFA set will never have EMPs equipped on any of those classes, so now I'm free to have a wider variety of classes only created for FFA types of matches.  Also, I've never seen a swarm in FFA, so I would never use BlindEye in my FFA class set.

rankismet

gern wrote:

rankismet,

It is different.  Here is another example: free-for-all.  In all of the times I've played free-for-all, I only recall seeing a guardian/sentry gun once.  This means it would be useless for me to ever play free for all with a class that has an EMP grenade, however, there are other game modes where I want EMP grenades.  Before the DLC came out, I only had 7 custom class slots and I would switch between free-for-all and dom and demolition and hardcore.   I would typically only have one or two class slots for a specific game "mode".  Now, I can create and entirely separate set of 7 free-for-all classes and call it my "FFAset".  My FFA set will never have EMPs equipped on any of those classes, so now I'm free to have a wider variety of classes only created for FFA types of matches.  Also, I've never seen a swarm in FFA, so I would never use BlindEye in my FFA class set.

Why I say it is no different...

... you are still limited to a single set of 10 kits. You could have made all the adjutsments prior to starting...

... in your case, all it's done is save time.

This is not what I expected.

rankismet,

Yes, I agree with you on the saving time.  When you boil it down to saving time, that is really the only thing you get with this extra CAC dlc.   I'm probably and oddball compared to a lot of the players in this forum.  I like to play lot of bonus chaos moshpit and I can see the value in switching class sets just a few seconds prior to match starting.  Also, I tend to like to jump around to different game modes and would like the convenience of class slots.

ab36

I think they should make the intermissions they put into some modes like Search and Domination useful and let people switch between sets during that time. At least that way they won't have to account for 50-100 sets for each player the whole game and just during one 15-30 second intermission, and then each player at least gets to put two sets of their 10 to use.

riffy08

Geez, figure out how it works and then use it...sometimes you've got to read those manuals.