14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 12:22 PM by slap1i RSS

Assault shield needs fixing...

3arc needs to seriously fix the assault shield

I just recently started using it for the challenges and to unlock the camo's for it.... to my surprise most of the time a direct shield bash does nothing (playing hardcore so 1hit kills)

At first I started thinking it was just lag, I mean after all Black Ops 2 is quite possibly the laggiest CoD title to date... however I played a game on Hijacked where I came up behind an enemy and bashed them FOUR TIMES IN THE BACK and none of the hits connected... I couldn't possibly have been any closer, my aim was dead center on his back, but he was 100% immune to the shield... and it was NOT lagging...

So after that game I spent a good 3 hours playing with the shield testing it out, even going into a custom match against bots to completely eliminate the question of lag...   Simply put the shield is broken and won't connect 75-80% of the time even with a perfect hit at point blank range...

In MW2 & 3 the shield wasn't broken like this... 3arc needs to seriously fix it because right now the only thing it is useful for is a deployable barrier. (and even then it's pretty flimsy)

• Re: Assault shield needs fixing...

I'm still thinking it's lag. I see a lot of people terrible using it and they still manage to have them diamond, so the kills can't be that few and far between.

I agree, its gotta be lag, cuz i've been hit from like 10 feet away with the shield and die, if anything its too powerful, I've shot one with an rp and it takes the damage like flack jacket, doesn't break until you hit it twice? C'mon! lol

Optimusbanana93

I do agree as I play with a shield a fair bit, I've gone behind people in hardcore and had to hit them 2 or 3 times before they die. Also the hit detection needs to be fixed I've had kill cams where they are shooting directly at the shield from front on and they manage to go through the shield and kill me.

rondougie

When I see things fixed in the game such as 'clan tags now allow you to say DONK!" I Wonder... who cares about this? Same with A.S... No one cares lmao... there's other things to be fixed way more important.

JSlayer211

Definitely needs to be fixed and addressed as soon as possible. Prone vs. Shield Bash is like invincibility mode.

slap1i

It's similar to the knives, where connection is everything.  It's hard to bash someone if they aren't there anymore.  I've maxed out the shield, so bash kills are possible, just not in all lobbies.

r33k

its akin to knifing. there is a "sweet spot" that you have to hit. not too close and not too far. it's frustrating when you first start with it, but you will find the sweet spot and it will get easier. there will also be times where the player will flank, BUT you bash him as he flanks and WOOOSH, nothing but air.

maccabi

its the same s the knife is now not a press and kill weapon you actually have to aim abit

i got gold on the shield in next to no time, found it really easy to lvl up and get kills with,

r33k is correct once you work out the sweet spot its simples

xmrythem

i thought there were a few times on my way to diamond that didn't register. I got used to it and changed my play style. I also found that there was a sorta "sweet spot" with the shield.

My best success was using shock charges with dead silence and awareness. Bait or camp a corner / doorway and bash them when they come through.

Also, I had my best success on HCKC since there was VERY little equipment because how often people die. I found that not many people run engineer because of the lack of equipment which gave me between 15-20 shield kills a game.

People clearly aren't understanding, it's not an issue of the "sweet spot" or having the aim connect.

When the enemy is standing still facing the other direction, I walk up and bash them directly in the center of the back at point blank range 4 times and get nothing... clearly something is wrong.

Also I'm not complaining about not being able to get kills, I'm getting an average of 10-15 per game. The problem is that I end up dying a ton because of all the times it doesn't work. Times where there is no question about my aim or hitting the sweet spot, it simply will not connect.  (usually when the enemy is facing the opposite direction standing still)

It's almost almost like the shield shares the same model as the knife only with a different texture (which would be extremely lazy programming on 3arc's part) 

It wasn't broken like this in MW2 & MW3... 

AHaras

omgz its so OP. two hit kill are you keeeeeeeding me. you can lunge like 10 feet with it.

please nerf asap.

slap1i

If you figure out where to plant it, you can use it as a portable head-glitch spot.  In that respect, it is kind of OP.  Fortunately, most shielders don't know what the hell they're doing, so that's not a widespread problem.