True, ricochet is kinda a pain, mostly when your brainless teammates walk in front of your firing gun, I figured it would make people think twice about trying to be jerks and killing you as you said being 10-0 just to do it. If they implemented it to where being team killed won't reset your scorestreaks same as not counting as a death, then I say forget ricochet. As for the game modes, I strongly agree with xmrythem HC FFA would be great, I would also love HC Domination and HC Multi-team, and maybe HC Ground war for large team based game modes.
If they did this it would be an even bigger problem. If team kills didn't reset your streaks or count as a death it has essentially become a tool for combat as a free team teleport. I.e. I am 1 off my dogs, here comes a hellstorm that I cannot possibly avoid, I tell teammate to shoot me before it hits and I survive the HS missile with my streak in tact. That would quite possibly be the death of HC all together as people would just use this as a get out of death free card.
Imagine a game starts, I tac my spawn and rush the enemies spawn, we have now flipped the spawn, instead of having to backtrack the map, have my teammate shoot me and teleport to my tac behind the enemy and shoot them all in the back for a really high streak. Not a good system at all.
Ricochet is the only answer imo. Don't want to die from shooting your teammate, learn to move without being in a straight line maybe? lol. I played HC alot in MW3 and probably had less than 5 suicides the whole time. Don't want teammates getting killed by your streaks? Pick streaks that it's harder for them to die by. HC has it's own set of useful items/weapons/perks/streaks. This is nothing new and won't ever change. So either keep getting shot and killed by teammates or get ricochet back. Those are really the only viable options atm.
I personally don't feel that any teammate should have the power to kill me. Your bad aiming and careless firing at an enemy should not end my streak, but end yours.
Include more gametypes/playlists - YES!!!
Make hardcore mode ricochet - HELL THE F*** NO!!!
Ricochet is by far the absolute worst thing to ever happen to hardcore.
- Why should I be punished if I'm shooting at an enemy and my idiot teammate runs in front of my gunfire?
- Why should I be punished if my idiot teammate decides to camp on my claymore/betty?
- Why should I be punished if my idiot teammate decides to run to where I just said (though chat) I was putting an airstrike?
- Why should I be punished if my idiot teammate decides to camp in front of my sentry gun?
- Why should I be punished if my idiot teammate decides to run around in front of my AGR?
--- You understand yet why ricochet is a bad thing? How about
- Players who grief by intentionally blocking doorways - they can no longer be killed
- Players who grief by intentionally trapping others in corners - they can no longer be killed
- Players who grief by intentionally spamming flash/stun nades at teammates - they can no longer be killed
-- Get the idea? Ricochet destroys hardcore.
More HC gametypes -- YES
Richochet -- NO! NO! NO! Richochet RUINS HC.
Agree with everything d4o2t0 says. And I''ll add one more:
- Why should I be punished if my idiot teammate stands next to a burning vehicle that I set on fire and explodes, killing the idiot teammate. Goes for barrels too.