22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 3:48 PM by get2dachoperrrr RSS

Disrespect and racial comments

NJUS

I want to address al the people that get online and use racial comments but when they are reported the only thing you can do is file a complaint nothingf is done and what upsets me more is that all they have to do is start a new account on xbox live why is this happening?? freedom of speech I value but I will not tolerate up front hate talk!!!!!!

• Re: Disrespect and racial comments
    cranium2001

It's annoying. Just block them, report them and move on. Party chat is a wonderful thing. So is mute all except party. If they want to create a new account it's going to cost the money anyway. That's some pretty expensive slander.

You should not attempt to legislate people's thoughts.  Just ignore them and it will cause more anger than reporting them.

bkblazer

A lot of people that play CoD are ridiculously immature. We are all here to play a game and communiation is important. But 95% of the players have nothing positive or constructive to say that has to do with playing the game. Its all trolling, shite talking, and just plain getting under other peoples skin. Yes, there is a competitive strategy to get the other player mad and get them off their game. But I really wish Developers and Microsoft would take a hard serious look at what's really happening on the mics and rethink a way to keep it about the game. Muting and reporting just cover up the problem. It really needs to be abolished all together. SnD is terrible to the point I don't even want to play because of lobby chat. Now thats pretty ridiculous.

zingaa

Put your big boy pants on, mute them and move on. It really "upsets you"? Are you serious or just looking for forum attention? Be honest!

I mean seriously dude, I've heard threats to my family, momma jokes up the ying yang, total country disrespect and I mute them, laugh, and move on.

xmrythem

loudest mouth kids are always the first to leave the game. I love it.

Noob_Lyncher

People are douchebags. It's not like you never had someone be mean to you in real life. Just ignore them, because all they can do is talk. It's not like they can take your lunch and wrinkle your new school clothes, so you shouldn't care as much.

Catch 22 : The only people who are worth talking to probably have "Mute all" engaged.

As others have said Mute them all and let god sort them out

JSlayer211

It's gotten pretty bad, seems like the new age spread of the KKK or whatever hate group you would like to name. I was subbed to SandyRavage until about a month ago when they were making racist and anti-homosexual insults in the commentary. The racism that insued after I posted a comment about it was tremendous. All kinds of hate and psuedo justifications for their actions were thrown about. It's just unnecessary and unwanted imo. The worst part is the amazing amount of support racist and general hate comments get from the CoD community. Just sad when you think of the direction the youth is heading.

Anyone else notice that the biggest  $hit talkers are usually the worst players??  I always laugh when some one is talking trash and then ends up going like 5 and 20.

r33k

"mute all except for party"

BuX

Want people to stop calling you names? Stop acting like the lower end of the human race then.

Glenrose

I only play in parties,  but do get the messages with things being said.   I have talked to Xbox about it,  because there about the only ones you can get a hold of,  and they made it clear...

All messages and voice communcation in game and through messages are saved in an archive.  When a player is reported multiple times by different users they go through there data log and look.   All this usually does is just put them on a voice probation where they can not talk to others or send messages.   If its really extensive,  racists,  ect.  thats when the system ban comes into affect.

Thats the jist of what I was told a couple years back,  so mute them,  report them, and go along your way.

brsox

Why do you let it bother you so much? You shouldn't let random strangers words hold any weight especially on XBL. Just mute and move on. People are way too sensitive these days.

JSlayer211

Why are you so upset that this person doesn't want to hear all the racist hate speech and comments? These people should be reported and punished accordingly. Want to look cool in front of the rest of the Eminem wannabe's? Do it in private chat, noone wants to hear it. Least of all, let it go unreported and you behave like that in front of kids and other impressionable minds.

nicedrewishfela

It is wayyyy too rampant these days. Unfortunately there is no reasoning with these idiots. Report them in game for abuse, report them via XBL, and avoid them. Then leave the lobby or mute them.

You don't have to be subjected to that behavior.

Coaltower

seriously.... your crying about this.. this is xbox live my friend. the most gutter place on earth. what do you expect when you have a bunch of teenagers playing on a online game. theres no face to face contact; expect the worse. If your really getting bent out of shape out of this then you need to toughen up. your really gonna take something personal from some loser on XBL. seriously? grow a backbone and get over it. this is the reason our country is going down the tube. everyone is a soooo sensitive. grow a pair, and mute them. dont go cry on oprah winfreys couch, because no one really cares.

nicedrewishfela

If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything. Just because its out there doesn't mean we have to accept it. THAT is the problem with this country, we've forgotten how to stand up for what is right.

Coaltower

im sorry but when you walk around in harlem at 3am, are you "SHOCKED" about all the drug use and hookers running about? when you walk into a "known" hostile enviroment dont cry if your feelings get hurt. ive been playing since halo2 droped on xbox and your concerns will never be answered. theres way to many people to silence. they dont have the man power and wont waste the money to fix this. its really not a big deal. i dont cry when someone calls me a white "fill in the blank". seriously there bigger problems to worry about. just like the war on drugs, racism is here to stay so your gonna have to deal with it. even if your sensitive

starbuckfrack

Its still a violation and gamers do get banned for it.

Just because it is "xbox live" means nothing they still will get banned.

This is not Harlem, it is a private service we pay for.

goober11

Just mute- not a big problem IMO.

The one thing I prefer about PC gaming is that most everyone text chats. A lot less annoying plus I can text pretty fast on KB.

starbuckfrack

When Xbox Live catches them they will take action.

If they lose their Gamertag then they have to start completely over with no dlc, points, etc.

get2dachoperrrr

Nothing makes me feel better then knowing i submitted a player review saying they lack skill also i just report them, sooner or later they are going to have to realise wearing nappies at 20 isn't right. even when their parents tuck them into bed everynight so they don't get scared.