13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 4:32 AM by avaks RSS

PCDevs, lets prevent this...

It was posted on the 360 thread and there are other videos about it for both 360 and the PS3. I'm sure it has happened or will happen on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z28zR9DkslM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Re: PCDevs, lets prevent this...

They honestly dont give a **** about what happens on the PC ver. Even if their servers went offline and no one could play multiplayer on PC at all, they still wont care.

They have your money and they already made it obvious by removing all the support options as soon as you select PC as your platform.

That was a hacked lobby like in mw3. It's impossible to happen in pc because there are servers, not hosts.

Who creates this kind of hacks needs the server side code, which is not released on pc.

Achchaos

I agree with this.

Chances are, unless you're playing in a private game, this will never happen as all matchmaking is being played on dedicated servers (on PC), hence they can't hack the way they're doing in the video.

Ai-Silentshot

Achchaos wrote:

I agree with this.

Chances are, unless you're playing in a private game, this will never happen as all matchmaking is being played on dedicated servers (on PC), hence they can't hack the way they're doing in the video.

Not true at all. Same has happened in mw3.

On PC?

Ai-Silentshot

Yes of course, otherwise i wouldnt post this in the pc forum

pWn3d

MW3 had no dedicated servers in matchmaking/ranked play ? There was a player host?

[pde]paulkersey

MW3 does have dedicated servers. The option was hidden by Sledgehammer Games' devs on purpose so that most people would only play matchmaking. They announced that there would be CoD4-like dedicated servers and hyped everyone up when MW3 was announced.

To see the option in the menu, you have to find it in the options menu buried wherever you turn on 'developer console' (I forgot what all that stuff looks like now).

Achchaos

You didn't read his post properly...

Yes MW3 did have dedicated servers, and they were indeed hidden away in the options screen. But as pWn3d said, those servers weren't ranked... You had access to EVERY gun and EVERY skin (I think with exception of gold skin, you'd have to unlock that on matchmaking first (though I could be wrong))

Ai-Silentshot

Sorry for this, i meant the four delta one version. It had rentable servers and still hacks like this. Sorry for the confusion.

Achchaos

So I checked out this "Four Delta One version" of MW3, and guess what, its not the same, these "rentable servers" are hosted by the PLAYERS, meaning they have the server software... Which leads to the fact that they can memory edit/mod/whatever you can think of. Its the same thing that happens on the console...

HOWEVER, that is not the case in BO2 for the PC, players have no access to the server files, in no shape or form, therefore you can't mod the server (even less so memory edit it).

EDIT:
                  Except of course if/when these guys decide to modify Black Ops 2 (if the ever do) as well, then the same thing can happen, as it will once again be player hosted servers.

And I find it funny that you actually used an ILLIGAL PLAYER MODIFIED version of Modern Warfare 3 as base to say that my statement was incorrect.

I bet they don't give a **** about it. Just uninstall the game and let them enjoy Microsofts **** in their mouth! First DLC is out and 18k players a day in peak lol that must be pretty awesome. I bet after a month there will be not more than 8k, literally dead game... SHAME!