8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 6:07 AM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper RSS

Hardcore TDM

Firstly, I apologize in advance if this topic has been brought up before. I haven't been on here in a long time.

I simply would like to suggest that the wait time to respawn in hardcore tdm be brought back. My memory of BO and MW3 is very fuzzy so I will use MW2 as an example. When playing HC TDM in MW2, the gamemode overall felt like you needed to play more strategically and stealthy. You need to watch every corner you took. In BO2, however, with the wait time to respawn gone, I feel as if everyone is running around aimlessly, just shooting up a storm because the respawn is instant and there are no repercussions. Now, I certainly have been out of the COD bubble for a while but in HC TDM in MW2, a silencer, coldblooded pro, and ninja pro were pretty much requirements to play in that gamemode. I feel that bringing back the wait time to respawn would at least bring back some of that strategic feel that I am yearning for since you will have to be more careful with the current life that you have. Again, I have been out of the COD bubble for a while so I would like to hear what othe HC players think.

• Re: Hardcore TDM
    deucedouglas

I actually liked that there is no respawn timer. I'm largely a core player so that probably has something to do with it but I played a ton of hardcore in MW2 and one of the things that was really frustrating with HC in MW2 was waiting ten seconds to spawn and then getting killed immediately and having to wait again. And it was even worse in MW3. I still think MW2 had the best HC that I've played though.

trialstardragon

Yes it has been talked about many many times in the past. The reason it was removed is because the devs asked if players wanted it gone and several said yes while few said no, and so it was. I think the respawn timer should be removed from all game types in this game, there is no real reason for respawns timers to be needed at all

Removing the timer did not remove the strategy from hc tdm, in fact it takes even more communication now to hold a spawn down because of the constant rush of enemy players coming at you. With the timer it was too easy for one side to ever lock down one side of a map and just camp there the entire match. Now without it, that is not so anymore and it is better like this. War is meant to be chaotic and not predictable as much as it was with the timer.

Restore_Hardcore

I went back and read  the entire 85+ post and they based that on the feedback of very few ppl. The majority of us were busy playing the damn game so the HC community was not represented correctly. If they wanted our feedback they should have asked us for our opinion in the game with the message of the day plain and simple.

I have yet to see any benefit to the spawn timer except for spawn trappers.

Its what kept many out of HC <including me> conversely the same folks who complained about the removal of the spawn timer were complaining about the number of modes available, the rationale was there were too few players to justify adding modes. What no one seems to focus on is whether the removal of the timer in TDM has increased the player base, if so then removal was the right thing to do.

Increasing the number of players is more likely to garner new game modes, so simple choice <assuming I am correct on the logic> spawn timer or game modes which would you prefer?

NiteFalken

I dont necessarily like the respawn timer but I can definitely see its affect on HCTDM. The headless chickens are everywhere constantly exposing themselves to fire without really considering the outcomes. The organized clans love this because they easily beat pick up players all day. It gets old when your on your 4th or 5th losing game and its the same three idiots on your team responsible for 90% of the other teams score. I would suggest a compromise that is after a certain number of deaths that a cool off time be added that is increased with every death after. Because its 75 deaths to a loss that equates to 12.5 deaths per player. I would say at 8 deaths the timer starts at 10 seconds and each death adds 2 seconds more. This way its entirely in the players hands to adjust his gameplay style or suffer a spawn delay.

The only other problem is the forced instant respawn. I want a choice of when I spawn specifically so I can change classes if the situation calls for it like when an air attack asset is called in and I want to get my AA class.

Restore_Hardcore

Nice post. I agree, more HC players are playing with less caution and it sucks when ppl on my team go 5-22 lol but to each their own I guess. HC requires more caution, ya it's easier to get the kill but you also die 70% faster so caution is a must.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The best solution to this is to have the players on the lobby to vote if they want a timer or not. We can vote which map we play so why not add an option if we want a timer or not? Let the people on the lobby decide.