17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 11:04 AM by garryowen107 RSS

"Killer cards" - for noobs only?

Garyfromscotland

Right,

I dont know how this has happened - but whenever I see some one with the nuclear killer card (30 kills with a weapon, no deaths), or any other of the Killer collection titles ( Master, Ultra etc) I expect that person to be a beast.

I check thier stats and they always seem to have a >1.00 KD. How is this possible?

I presume that you have to be good to get 30 kills without dying, let alone complete all the challenges.

Next time you see this card, check the persons stats as you will see what I mean.

Aparently, if you have a history of being trash, going negative, you will have a good chance of unlocking all the killer challenges.....

• Re: "Killer cards" - for noobs only?

I know what you're saying.

I think... well, know, it's pretty obvious a lot of people have boosted just for those titles. Have a look at their Tac. Insert. use, too. Probably used just enough to allow the person who let them do it to them, do it in return.

Having said that, though, a LOT of people will go seriously negative when trying to get a challenge they really want by either trying too hard or focussing on something specific. Maybe some of these people had a KDR of around 1.80 - 2.00 when they got the Killer cards, then started doing difficult stuff like Ballistic Knife and took a serious dip.

My KDR has always sucked in BO2. In the past week it has dropped from 1.09 to 1.06 because half the time I was running around trying to stick people with Semtex for the Master of Humiliation. When that was done I started on the Combat Axe kills which I'm still doing... (need another 121.) I see someone and instead of ADS I fling an axe and 9/10 get shot haha.

Also, I'm trying to diamond the LMGs and currently using the QBB LSW which I'm really struggling with.

BukLau101

I once saw a guy with a 0.64 KDR with a nuclear card and I sent a message asking him if he boosted for it and his reply was "what's boosting?". Most people boost for these calling cards (I've had countless offers from people wanting to boost for these titles none of which I accepted) but congrats to anyone who gets these legit.

TRU11

most people i see with that card run around with a silenced SMG and still suck balls lol.

i dont believe most of the people tbh.

i think furthest i got was 21 kills and a 5 kill feed or 6 kill feed lol.

21 kills was on dom on raid with GW and i ran out of time .

that kill feed was on overflow on HQKC where i think the whole team respawnd right at a spot where i shot a headglitcher lol.

all of a sudden a whole team was there and the fking headglitcher got me with a sticky

Garyfromscotland

(I know im replying to myself here but its to all of you)

Its gutting when you see a person sporting the nuclear calling card because you go into a game thinking, yes, someone who knows hoe to play..then they go 5-30

TRU11

or you see a party with 3 out 6 guys carrying it and you say to your party this might be a hard game but then those noobs quit half way lol.

from all the people ive seen having this card id say probaly 20% actually did it legit or are as good as the cards indicates they should be lol.

phxs72

Sometimes you just run into a string of bad luck.  I know it happened to me a few times yesterday where I'd go 11-23ish simply because I was tired and because I couldn't pop a corner without either running into a shotgun or a sniper or I'd just spawn and get killed instantly and of course, every single lightening strike landed right on my head.  I've never gotten even close to a nuclear but sometimes even otherwise good players just have a match where everything goes against them.

BanHaMMer

Garyfromscotland wrote:

(I know im replying to myself here but its to all of you)

Its gutting when you see a person sporting the nuclear calling card because you go into a game thinking, yes, someone who knows hoe to play..then they go 5-30

yeah, I have noticed this. The best I have got is the 15 kill card once. I get 10 a lot, then I get nervous and blow it

theroc23

One of the parties that I play in consist of players that are all above 2.00 but for some reason we often suck total asss when partied up. I wouldn't believe any of us if I was on the other team. lol! I often tell my guys that we might be the best in the business at getting flanked over and over.

Izjar11

Well its two fold:

1- Do they have a high amount of them

or

2- They have less than five.

BlackhawkbillOO7

I'm sure that there are the guy's who boosted but I wouldn't judge that solely on their KD. My KD is a 1.3 with a 61% win ratio. I've earned 10 Nuclear Medals and 53 Unstoppable Medals in the course of almost 2000 games played. I play HC CTF and am a Flag Runner and a lot of the time as a Flag Runner you die a lot but then there are those rare perfect games that you are almost invincible. So out of the 2000 or so games that I played I've maybe had 10 or 12 perfect games so about .005 of the time I might get a Nuclear Medal.

You can get it if you party up, easily. The game i got it was in raid Dom, groundwar. My friends had vsat and emp up in the air ALL THROUGHOUT THE MATCH!! It was constant,plus, the other team never raged quit lol. I have it saved in my bookmarked games incase anyone wants to question my tac insert usage, since its well over 10k

Jaggajatt187

I have some decent stats and put up some beastly game plays, but I've maxed out at 28 gun kills in a row a few times. Everyone has a chance at going nuclear at in any given game because the connection can be so one sided at times.

There are times when I have a great game and then in that same lobby a few games later I can't even kill people with <1.0 kds. If you watch some of those 100+ gameplays on YT you can see that the person clearly has an advantage over everyone by being a half second (sometimes a full second) ahead of all the players in the lobby. At that point it's basically playing combat training on the recruit setting.

Also a lot of guys boost for it.

Hells_Hawk

I've only got the nucular medal once, in a HQ game, and to tell you the truth I was not even that nervous becuase I was playing the object that we were capping and I was not counting how many gun kills I was at.

So the moral is don't count your gun kills because you most likly will get a little nervous and make a mistake, just play your normal way and have fun, it will come your way sooner or later.

garryowen107

Yeah I know what you mean, I don't have the nuclear killer card but personally I have a hard to get playing card instead of the nuclear or master killer cards like the 300 battle/combat axe one or the 100 kills with a vsat. I find it funny when people run around with a "a camos completed or master rank" for a gun calling/player card. Id only be impressed by those if a person has the executioner card.