20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 3:09 PM by Restore_Hardcore RSS

Anyone else tired of Hijack camping?

XPrimalX

I understand camping is an unfortunate part of this game. Some people just doni't have the skills to do anything but sit in a dark corner waiting with a shotgun waiting on someone to run past them. It's sad, but nothing we can do about it. But what about when the level design fails?

On hijack, more and more, I keep seeing entire teams sporting the Riot Shields. They all rush to the bottom level of the boat and shield up both sides so there's no entry. They all sport flak jacket so explosions don't do anything. Once this happens, it's an almost guaranteed win for them because even if they are eventually pushed out of there, they've killed everyone several times before they were cleared out. I think it's the lamest "strategy" to use, period. But the level design only helps them.

So, my suggestion: Add more access points to the bottom level of Hijack. Or even add a time delayed event down there. Something like a steam pipe bustin and killing everyone down there similar to what the water does on the new dam level (part of the new DLC).

Anyone else tired of the pathetic Hijack camping?

• Re: Anyone else tired of Hijack camping?
    Izjar11

I understand camping is an unfortunate part of this game

Unfortunate? No part of it yes. Same could be said about the mindless rushers who keep getting killed, because they feel its just!

Some people just doni't have the skills to do anything but sit in a dark corner waiting with a shotgun waiting on someone to run past them. It's sad, but nothing we can do about it. But what about when the level design fails?

This is an interesting sentence, who lacks skill? The person sitting, or the one who thinks himself the better through rushing with no caution? This is a FPS, people will shot you if you run into a seemingly empty room.

I get it, its frustrating but if you look at whos the one to blame you'll realize its the one playing foolishly.

On hijack, more and more, I keep seeing entire teams sporting the Riot Shields. They all rush to the bottom level of the boat and shield up both sides so there's no entry. They all sport flak jacket so explosions don't do anything. Once this happens, it's an almost guaranteed win for them because even if they are eventually pushed out of there, they've killed everyone several times before they were cleared out. I think it's the lamest "strategy" to use, period. But the level design only helps them.

this is true, all we can do is learn to counter it. The more its used, the better the chances of someone posting how to beat it. Let them abuse this team strategy.

I'll say this to your paragraph: A team who does not communicate (no matter the strategy) will almost always lose.

XPrimalX

I think initially you are picking apart the wrong parts of the post. I have a decent ratio and I play intelligently for the most part. A camper is part of the game although perhaps the most annoying. Either way, they are here to stay and it's easy to take them out with a bit of C4.

I agree with most of your answers. The problem is with others. This particular round, I went 1-4. I had the lowest score. This was because I was the only one trying to get them to come up instead of camping. So I stayed up top, hoping to catch one of them getting bored below and moving up or even catching a random death in their spawn. Only one other guy on my team was saying the same thing, while the others mindlessly rushed down there anyways. This was on League Play so a loss this way hurts just a bit more (it was my dad's account, not mine, so not too worried though haha).

As far as strategy goes, I welcome it. Unfortunately, the lower level has access through only 2 doorways, and a single place on the hottub you can throw a grenade down. The level was built poorly. Maybe it should just be taken out of League or the bottom welded shut for League.

Izjar11

XPrimalX wrote:

As far as strategy goes, I welcome it. Unfortunately, the lower level has access through only 2 doorways, and a single place on the hottub you can throw a grenade down. The level was built poorly. Maybe it should just be taken out of League or the bottom welded shut for League.

They wont add more entries, i've encountered said strategy and my random team lost miserably. But I was not prepared for that.

I spoke to the team and they said that the emp nade above them knocked out there equipment but entering is impossible. I didn't get a chance to try a smoke grenade to confuse, but like I said its its a strategy, no matter what we think.

Its best to find a way to beat it, before asking for the game to change.

redx165

There isn't really a counter to it. Unless the whole team rushes them on ONE SPOT. I remember one time the enemy team took it over and my team took it over and the guy dashboarded. Good times. The problem with Hijacked is it's spawns. You can get spawn killed so easy on that map so instead clans/parties go to the bottom to stop that from happening.

~THE NOOB KILLER

QwertyBoredom

I may be wrong here but can't you shoot through the floor on the boat with FMJ??

pfcsmooth

Quit the game. It's the magic pill that solves all problems. If I don't do this, when stupidity such as you describe rears its' ugly head, then I would shelve this game like I did BLOPS1.

QUIT the ridiculous ghame and move on to one that is being played better.

rdnsnow

I'm tired of hijacked. If there was only a way to play just the new maps.

riksterinto

Run a class with cold blooded, scavernger and engineer.  For gun pick one of the ARs and pair it with MMS and launcher.  Use tactical wildcard and equip smoke grenade and emp.  Throw smoke down at them so they can't see you. With MMS and Engineer you will see exactly where they are and what kind of traps they have set up.  EMP whatever they have set up and launch some grenades over the riot shield. Flak jacket won't protect them against 2 or 3 grenades.  You can even throw an EMP on the ground on the top deck of the ship and screw up all their stuff down there.

Restore_Hardcore

If a team is winning by using that strategy then props to them! There is always a counter to everything and maybe you get beat bad but take it as a learning experience. I camp when things aren't going my way, I adjust my play always. Be a Jack of all trades and you will dominate.

DemonHunter777

I have been on probation 10 times so far today because of Mother f**ing spawn killers of the world are all playing today. SO I can relate a little.

Joco3000

I'd of though this is a complaint towards the camping on the second floor on one of the buildings, to which the counter is FMJ LMGs and Engineer

Shouldn't the same counter apply? Use Engineer to spot the riot shields, go on top of them and open fire.

I've yet to come across this. I'm assuming it's in TDM, otherwise it's an easy win.