28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 8:08 PM by SNYPER_ RSS

I am getting SICK of SMGs in this game

I know it's been posted 3000 times, but it's been posted so many times because it's an actual problem ruining the game. I am so sick and tired of not being able to play this game without joining the laser sight hipfire SMG fest. I'm always outgunned and outranged whenever I use an assault rifle or LMG. SMGs dominate this game way too much because the game was developed orignally since the first call of duty's to be more fit for console players because they don't have the free range of motion you get from using a mouse, so they hip fire like crazy because they don't aim as well with a joystick. SMGs even if nerfed to oblivion, would still dominate the game. Everytime I kill someone, here comes some ass-sucker with an MSMC or MP7 around a corner spamming me in the back with their hip-firing cuntness. And what the HELL is with the peacekeeper? Was it really an awesome idea to add another overpowered bullshit gun to the SMGs? Like 5 out of 6 of the other SMGs being overpowered weren't enough? I am finished with this garbage copy and paste of another COD game, and I'm definitely never buying one again until there's at least a speck of balance added to the game.

• Re: I am getting SICK of SMGs in this game

I love the SMG's, but...

If you're losing a fight with an AR to a laser hipfiring  SMG, then you're too close. Stop trying to run and gun with a long range camp weapon.

Better yet, stop trying to ruin the game. If you are getting sick of the SMG, then you're getting sick of COD.

All of the maps are CQC besides turbine, it's near impossible to encounter them anywhere other than close range, idiot.

I'm not the one ruining the game when people only use one class of weapons because they have to use the easiest thing possible to win at a game.

I see many AR's do well on all maps. They all have CQC areas and long range camp spots. Even on Hijacked, an AR will win down one of those long hallways or from either end of the ship. I also see many AR's win close up, just usually not from the hip.

Have you seen how many shots the SMR requires for a close range kill? Two shots. And have you seen how well the AN-94 can do at almost any distance? The SMG and the AR are almost the same thing, except one has less range and more speed.

Who's the idiot? You're the one crying cause you're using the wrong weapon. And I play both console and PC, and will admit the hipfire on PC is ridiculous, but blame that on the mouse.

VelvetUnicor

The lay of the maps should have no effect on your ability to use an ar.  It's about how you position yourself.  Been using the scar H on nuketown lately and have been having nothing but sucess.  Those pdw's dont even know what hit them. 

I run and gun with my assault class.smgs don't bother me.just learn to play with your assault.use the right perks and you can own them.

You just need to change your play style.  If your using a assulat rifle the same way you use a SMG, you're going to have a bad time.  You might want to consider using the Type 25, in my opnion that assulat rifle can be played as a SMG. 

I really like the Type 25 AR. I've used it for quite a while, but changed to SG R870 MCS just for lulz and I'm having a way better time.

Black Ops 2 is my first game playing in the CoD series and I've always heard SMG was the best weapons to go, so ofc I played SMG a lot first and I noticed more and more how people complained like, "OMG DROP THAT ******* SMG YOU NOOB!!!!1111", and when going to AR everyone complained about that, and now when I play SG, I get complained at playing with that.

I mean, seriously, how many things can people complain at? It seems that 90% of the people you play against got anger issues. I don't get it though.. I've been playing FPS games since '99 and ofc I've gotten angry at some points, but I've never blamed a better person for using a surten gun, or hacking if they're better than me, which I notice every time I do a game in CoD that, if I end up on a good K/D ratio, I get blamed for cheating.

I know that PC gamers have a lot of cheaters, just because It's so easy to make them and It's also addictive. I haven't come across any aimbotters yet, but many wallhackers.

I'd like to hear from you others, especially you who find yourself raging a lot; Why?

I'm just trying to understand these things, and since CoD is the biggest "rage game" so far in my "career", I'd like to know what and why things pushes your buttons.

Use a laser on your assault rifle or equip a quickdraw attachment. I prefer assault rifles as SMGs are too range limited.

In other words, adapt to how the game is.

WhiskeyDex

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

There is a good article you should read.

Also, you are wrong about smg being OP. They are just the easiest to use. Not the most effective over all IMO. Low skill ceiling on them.

That's not true, after the update assault rifles are the beast now. Smg's are a little bit under powered IMO, I mostly own every smg dudes except the ones who are really good and good players mostly aim down sights even with smg's. Hip firing with laser is a little bit OP right now but I think it's part of the game and that's what makes it different.

Ai-Silentshot

Bruhahaa wrote:

That's not true, after the update assault rifles are the beast now. Smg's are a little bit under powered IMO, I mostly own every smg dudes except the ones who are really good and good players mostly aim down sights even with smg's. Hip firing with laser is a little bit OP right now but I think it's part of the game and that's what makes it different.

Are you having a debate against yourself? They are underpowered, but they are overpowered to, thats what you're saying.

Well they are overpowered, imo.

What I'm saying is if you put a laser attachment to smgs it becomes a different gun when hip firing which is about right because attachments are supposed to enhance guns. Any guns, may it assault, shotty, smg, etc, if you put laser, it enhances it's hip firing capabilities and I agree with that as long as it has a laser but its a little bit OP compared to aiming down sight for sure.

ExET_Molotov

As an Ex ET player i've never had a problem with firing from the hip and to me that's the natural way to play. Some people say it's unrealistic, but i've never known, nor can I imagine, anyone in a close range fight I:e one side of a room to another, saying"Hang on a minute while I aim down the sights!". Even then, it's a game, realistic doesn't come into it so much, playability does.

That aside, as an ex hip-firing noob, the first thing I did was play all the smg's trying to find something that suited me. I failed. I now play AN-94 for Turbine, Carrier, etc, and consider that my favourite weapon, for small stuff like Drone I go with whatever shotgun i'm closest to finishing the camos for, and now I chuck in a Peacekeeper for something that's a bit of both like Meltdown or Standoff. If the game had only one way to play it would be even more annoying that it is. Adapt is the only way and for arguments sake, if I could only have one weapon, the AN-94 would win it for me every time.

Agree 100%. Aside from the PeaceKeeper I really have no fun whatsoever using SMG's. I'm an AN-94 fan as well. It was my first prestige unlock and I use it more than anything, on any map. Even on Hijacked I don't usually have any trouble whatsoever countering hipfiring SMG weilders. It's the shotties that need the nerf imo, range is way to long on those things and I hate em.

ExET_Molotov

Aye, I think the S12 is probably about right for the shotguns as that seems to take a couple of shots to put someone down unless you're right in their face. M1216 would be about the same if it wasn't for the 4 quick shots, but R870 & KSG are both over the top for single-shot kills if the person aims well.

The R870 and the KSG are fine the way they are. If you come across a group of enemies charging you down with SMGs a pump action or semi auto shotgun is not going to save you. I call that balance.

ExET_Molotov

It depends. I think if one weapon allows you to take out multiple enemies en masse then that ability needs to be restricted to specific situations or it loses balance. If that situation is close range then that's fine, but if its medium to long then I think it's unbalanced in the same way that taking down multiple enemies with AR's at long range with an smg would be unbalanced. Shotgun should be short range and personally I find current ranges to be a tad long. Imho of course

There is a simple "fix" for anyone who feels SMG's are overpowered.

Stop playing softcore

In hardcore none of the weapons are overpowered. Using an SMG + laser sight won't give you an advantange over the guy using the pistol, or AR, or LMG.

Every single complaint that has ever surfaced about weapon balance or OP weapons has been a direct result of the insane health and health regen that is in softcore. Having that much health is really game breaking.

Only in softcore can you run around with a knife and get insanely high kdr's and high scorestreaks.

Only in softcore are the SMG's so deadly while other weapons are completely useless.

Only in softcore can you mindlessly run around waiting to get shot at to find your enemy.

FiveK

The smg are damm fun. I really love the speed it give. But I can admit maybe it have a too much good range. I think I can snipe with my scorpion.

wierd worlds are these

SMG's are going to be the last guns I attempt to get the Diamond Camo for.

I have finally managed to get the Diamond Camo for the Pistol's, and now I am working on the Shotguns and Anti Air Launchers but they are taking ages.

Next will be the LMG's or Snipers, then after that the Assault Shield etc that is if there isn't a game released by that time that makes me drop COD which wouldn't take allot really.

Crysis 3 could have done it if it were not, for the fact that the servers are laggy as hell, Downloaded Copies of the game being able to play online and the game has more cheaters than any of the previous Call Of Duty games.

Adam1234567893

The only "overpowered" SMG in this game is the PDW the other ones are fine so stop complaining also news flash the SMGs have been overpowered since MW2 you only just now noticed it because the maps are the smallest they have ever been smaller then all the other previous CoDs. This game has better gun balancing then previous games so again stop complaining and learn to adapt.

SoG_Hanix_PC

I have no problem with using the ARs. Put Stock and Quickdraw on them. It makes them feel a lot more like an SMG, You can whip it around quicker when aimed in and you can ADS quicker. Also, try and keep to the outsides of the maps where there are longer lines, which should give you the advantage.

wierd worlds are these

SoG_Hanix_PC wrote:

I have no problem with using the ARs. Put Stock and Quickdraw on them. It makes them feel a lot more like an SMG, You can whip it around quicker when aimed in and you can ADS quicker. Also, try and keep to the outsides of the maps where there are longer lines, which should give you the advantage.

That is so true.

I was suprised when I was doing the assignment for the Stock on a weapon and the increase in movement was amazing.

I don't understand why you say that they added another bullshit overpowered smg when they added the peacekeeper. It doesn't sound like you have tried it tbh. I run with it and

1. it's not overpowered.

2. It's not good when hipfirering.

3. its more for mid range than short rage like most smg's are.

4. It require aiming down the sight for the most part, if you want to hit with it.

I honestly just think you're a bit bad at the game, BUT i will say that you're right in smg's dominating the game. i think the rifles could be a bit better. and i don't want to pay 50$ to get a new rifle to change that.

I don't understand why you say that they added another bullshit overpowered smg when they added the peacekeeper. It doesn't sound like you have tried it tbh. I run with it and

1. it's not overpowered.

2. It's not good when hipfirering.

3. its more for mid range than short rage like most smg's are.

4. It require aiming down the sight for the most part, if you want to hit with it.

I honestly just think you're a bit bad at the game, BUT i will say that you're right in smg's dominating the game. i think the rifles could be a bit better. and i don't want to pay 50$ to get a new rifle to change that.

I don't understand why you say that they added another bullshit overpowered smg when they added the peacekeeper. It doesn't sound like you have tried it tbh. I run with it and:

it's not overpowered.

It's not good when hipfirering.

its more for mid range than short rage like most smg's are.

It require aiming down the sight for the most part, if you want to hit with it.

i feel ya man,.totally,this is exactly what they made the game for is hipfire homo's..remember this game is built for aim assist analog xbox,Pc is last thing on their minds..cod is a subpar arcade game for kids now a days,.if you want a real game play bf3 and long awaiting bf4.