4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 2:12 AM by theroc23 RSS

Question about lag

Has anyone else had an almost 100% consistent lag every game, where you seem to be about .5 to a full second behind everyone (shooting 3 or 4 bullets at enemy dead centre and no hit markers and you die, running behind walls only to be infront of the wall when you die) I mean I know lots of people of lag, but mine is pretty much exactly the same every game. And has anyone ever been able to find something that has worked to fix it? I've searched google and there are a few things that people claim might help, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually been able to get rid of their lag.

• Re: Question about lag
    uecker4prez

You must be pretty new to BO2, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  This has been discussed numerous times.  I feel for you if you have it every game.  I have to deal with it maybe 25% of the time and that's when I know it's time to find a new lobby.

As far as I know there's nothing that can be done.  I switched to hardcore game modes so I don't have the chance to see the killcams and then get pissed because I know I got off a few shots and it shows that I didn't even raise my gun.  What I don't know won't hurt me....  (Actually it will but oh well)

Interestingly enough, last night was the only time  I've ever been lag free and my internet was acting weird last night, was taking a long time to load pages, and I had a 3 bar connection and I've always had 4 bar. So maybe there really is something to this lag comp, but I wonder why people can't just intentionally make their connection slower by doing things like downloading a lot while playing, shouldn't that in theory not make you subject to the lag comp?

fatboyhurst

A few things which i have found out helps

Running as the HOST sucks big time, so if i am having a really bad, i just give it up and either leave or alter my game play camp like a biatch, but that doesnt last long as i like to run about like a fool

Delete the Texture pack

Use hardwired connection, and use a static IP for the PS3

Get wasted when playing, then you dont notice that much

theroc23

Don't use hardwired connection and you'll have less chance of being lag-comp handicapped when facing other players with wifi connections.