45 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 11:47 PM by Ovrlord RSS

Target Finder=*****

WAR-ENSEMBLE

Biggest noob attachment ever. That's all.

• Re: Target Finder=*****
    illstplaya2live

You should be using cold blooded. It's the best perk in tier 2. There isn't anything else in the category worth using except scavenger. And if your're playing games like tdm or kc then you don't need scavenger.

Garyfromscotland

Get over it. That's all.

Thesandman

Next thin bullets will be nooby in some peoples eyes. Get over it and adapt!

WAR-ENSEMBLE

i see atleast a few of you need to have a red triangle pop up so you know what to shoot, play how you want, I'm just saying that of all the things this game has ,that has got to be the most ridiculous. Gary you're not gonna make friends like that.lol

JDizzleNO2

how is it nooby? you've got no perephrial view, and its very distracting. i only used it to get the title for it, and it was very hard to do because of no view and how much of the screen it takes up.

nothing nooby about it. adjust and adapt or use it yourself.

Learn to hide in shadows with cold-blooded.

Ovrlord

Does anyone not know that the Target Finder detects Cold Blooded users? The next time you use it, put your reticle over a person with the perk and see if it lights up. If you're going to tell someone to learn something, learn what you're talking about first.

Jaggajatt187

Trey Arch introduced a site that aim's for you, makes a noise, flashes red, vibrates, and lastly puts a damn chopper gunner diamond on the enemy just to make sure the user starts to shoot.

For the next Generation they're going to make a gun that shoots for you as well lol.

If you're a total noob that just bought the game then I understand using it. It's hooked-on-phonics for FPS!

Obies

I used the target finder for the first time today, and yes it gives a crap load aiming assist. It's great for those who are new to fps. It is annoying to get killed by it, i'll admit. It was kind of fun pissing people off using it.

Jaggajatt187

I hate it when guys use it on Yemen, because you can totally lock down a map using the TF at the back near that produce stand. I was playing against a team TFing & sniping from back there they had the whole back area locked down pretty well all game. That's until I killed em and picked up a AN-94 w/ a TF. I posted up where they were and proceeded to go on a brutal kill streak (25 kills) we won by 2 LOL. Would have went nuclear but the TDM score limit got reached.

In the hands of an above average player the TF is ridiculous.

That should take it out of league play is my opinion... There is already enough camping going on but having that on the competitive side of the game is just ruining the game for everyone that actually likes the challenge... Most of the time the guys that actually use it sit on corners or well guarded by a barrage of camping gear so having cold blood still aint going to help when you run in a run and the mother......... has its sights already aimed down waiting for you to run by and the dam thing still makes a noise and flashes red.

Izjar11

WAR-ENSEMBLE wrote:

Biggest noob attachment ever. That's all.

Biggest excuse as a thread. Thats all.

People that usually defend or say adapt and such are the guys that run around using the dam thing. Sorry but its sad that you need that kind of help to get kills...

Izjar11

jairumaximus wrote:

People that usually defend or say adapt and such are the guys that run around using the dam thing. Sorry but its sad that you need that kind of help to get kills...

To make this discussion interesting:

Why do you feel sad about it? How does saddnes result from using something in the game?

iEXTERMINATED

I feel sad cause my mom said things come through hard work but he's using a target finder to get easy kills

Dont you think that with all the nerfs that have been handed out so far that one for the target finder should be in order? Maybe a second delay or something of the sort... or not flashing red and still making the sound when one is using cold blooded? Yeah its fine that you want or can use a noob scope on the game to get the few kills you are able because without it most of this guys running around with it can get only a fraction of it. But to leave it as powerful as it is right now it is ruining the game. On regular its okay I and many others can deal with it... but to leave such on the competitive side of the game (league) is just not cool on my opinion.

Izjar11

ont you think that with all the nerfs that have been handed out so far that one for the target finder should be in order?

Answering a question with a question. I am no one to declare something needs a nerf, that is what the dev's do.

But to leave it as powerful as it is right now it is ruining the game. On regular its okay I and many others can deal with it... but to leave such on the competitive side of the game (league) is just not cool on my opinion.

Powerful? It is not powerful, its efficient, thats all.

The only one thing that is actually ruining this game are the cheaters, simple.

Jaggajatt187

People with target finders don't run around LOL!

They suffer from "Digital Paraplegism": This is a disorder where players are drawn to corners, barrells, retaining walls, windows, etc. with an unconrollable urge, similarly seen in crack addicts. When said player reaches his destination they proceed to lose all voluntary control of their left thumb, which last's until they die. Said players spend on average 1/10th the average time a normal player does using the Left thumb stick.

DeadMilkman666

Here we go....

What's next? ban the Millimeter scanner Because it's too easy on SaD? How about the Hybrid Optic? with the whole infrared makes snipers kill you. Maybe even the Extended Clip, because the other player killed you when you ran out of bullets so he's cheating cause he had more bullets...

Let people use whatever they want. I will still dominate whether anybody has Target Finder or not. Just play, have fun and stop complaining. Enough said.

HaitianCreation

Hybrid optic? That's stupid it doesn't tell you where to shoot, the MMS? Nobody uses that, because it scans and it doesn't put a target on somebodies body and also you lose accuracy,infrared points out enemies but takes away your minimap and you still have to aim and shoot, and people don't show up if they use cold blooded.

DeadMilkman666

You completely missed my point. I was being sarcastic (like implied with the Extended Clip) because people are complaining about something that doesn't matter. For example, I have heard of people acctually talking about "banning" shotguns because they're so powerful. These are just ragers that don't know how to lose. In a video game. And tons of people use the Hybrid Optic. Maybe you just don't play with hardcore players. That thing's beast. My point being is stop complaining. Treyarch put all these attachments for a reason. To have variety and to have fun no matter what anybody uses. To each his own.

BukLau101

The TF used to annoy me but now I just laugh when I watch the killcam and it's some noob with a TF LMG spraying wildly at any red diamond they see. Yesterday I was derping around with the TF on the Peacekeeper in SnD and went on a merciless killstreak. The TF definately dumbs the game down even further but I don't care I just use EMP nades with scavenger so I can spam EMP nades for all my target finder friends.

Dual band does not work if you have cold blood, Millimiter scanner only works if you camping behind a wall, all other optics are that optics... Target finder is what everything else is and much more and still works if you have cold blood...

My friend recently started playing this game and has a very hard time getting kills. The target finder has really helped him since he does not have the experience to anticipate where the enemy is by reading the mini map. I find this to be a true example of how this attachment is good for noobs.

But... If I see some ADS corner camper shooting across the map with his LMG, I pitty the fool for not being able to use a sniper rifle. High rank experienced players that rely on this crutch are scrubs.

ERMAHGERD!! TERGERT FERNDER KERS MER SER MERCH THERT ER HERZ TER KERM ERN HER ERND BERCH ERBERT ERT!!!

Bradcraz

I swear he's  words, but I'll be d@m if I know what they are?!

Oh my god! Target finder kills me so much that I has to come on here and ***** about it!!

Jaggajatt187

Like I said before TF guys lose the ability to use there left hand's intermittently throughout the game. His nonsensical post is just the residual effects of Digital Paraplegia, it takes a while for it to function at 100% and the numbness to dissapear.

Sidenote: Alot of people that suffer from Digital paraplegia don't complain about it as an unexpected benefit was discovered that lead to this affliction going Viral....See most players soon discovered that there numb hand was the perfect tool to pull off "THE STRANGER" LOL! Which many of the affilicted do simultaneously in game as they sit in a corner or behind a neck high barrier. 

So when you get killed by a TF guy in a corner and you yell out "WTF was he doing there" you'll know exactly what he was "doing"

I use every possible advantage I can get in the game, if Treyarch is going to give me a sight that aims for me, why WOULDN'T I use it?  You are only hurting yourselves by not using it, if you hate it that much then use cold blooded....On a related note, if they are going to give me FMJ that let's me shoot people through walls, I'm going to use it.  Some people may call that cheap but there is a reason I have a 3.0 kdr....I know this game is no where near reality but if it were, you best bet I would have a tf on my gun....

The target finder isn't even worth it unless you're ADS at some long range objective area. Running around with it on an SMG would only hurt me. I have eyes and don't need my weapon to show me something I can already see. I think most people aren't really that mad at target finders, they are actually just disgusted at how lazy some so called "skilled" players get. As if campers weren't lazy enough, they can now smoke a joint and wait for a diamond to light up their screen.

Gerbera

I don't really find it much different than people who call people campers just because the enemy killed them when they rounded a corner regardless of the reason; whether it be because they saw them coming, but they didn't see the enemy, a UAV/VSAT was up, or just sheer coincidence running into eachother around the same corner, that player who dies calls the other a camper. It's basically like a majority of the complaints I see in BO2.

I could definitely understand some grievances in past games (like the MP7 and Assassin Pro in MW3, One Man Army and Danger Close with Tubes in MW2, Ghost, FAMAS, AK-74u + Rapid Fire in BO1, and so on), but really, compared to most of the past stuff, the Target Finder is nowhere near that level, yet people are acting (and even saying) that it's THE worst thing so far.

If anything, I see the Suppressor used FAR more than the Target Finder any day and unlike the Target Finder, the Suppressor is the one with NO real downsides to it. The 30% smaller damage range (as in damage drops off at a 30% shorter distance) is the ONLY downside you get and that means nothing with how small the maps are and how often you'll end up in CQC, meaning you'll still essentially have the full power of the weapon a majority of the time while retaining the advantages the Suppressor grants you. In "exchange" for that, you stay off the minimap when firing, makes it trickier to hear your gunfire, you have no muzzle flash (making it easier to see when firing AND harder for enemies to see you), and even some slight recoil decrease it seems like.

And, unlike the Target Finder, in which there's Cold Blooded, EMP Grenades, or Flash Grenades, there is nothing, besides Scorestreaks (UAV, VSAT), that directly counters the advantages the Suppressor gives (that people are willing to use anyway, ie. Sensor Grenade). Now, I'm not saying the Suppressor is OP at all myself, but when compared to the Target Finder, it has more for people to complain about, IMO.

The only way the Target Finder would really be OP is if it LITERALLY auto-aimed for people. It doesn't, though. It's a Target "Finder". It does what it says it does and there are things that can screw with it EASILY. Nothing more and nothing less. The actual aiming, firing, and keeping on target after acquiring it is still entirely up to the user. A Target Finder user will NOT win every gun battle they're in. Not everyone who uses it is necessarily a random corner camper nor has "no skill", it is NOT unstoppable or impossible to get past or anything.

And on a smaller note; the whole "those who use it have no skill" or "it takes no skill to use" excuses; NOTHING takes "skill" to use in CoD. So doesn't that mean EVERYTHING is technically OP by that logic?

So much this.

Gerbera wrote:

If anything, I see the Suppressor used FAR more than the Target Finder any day and unlike the Target Finder, the Suppressor is the one with NO real downsides to it. The 30% smaller damage range (as in damage drops off at a 30% shorter distance) is the ONLY downside you get and that means nothing with how small the maps are and how often you'll end up in CQC, meaning you'll still essentially have the full power of the weapon a majority of the time while retaining the advantages the Suppressor grants you. In "exchange" for that, you stay off the minimap when firing, makes it trickier to hear your gunfire, you have no muzzle flash (making it easier to see when firing AND harder for enemies to see you), and even some slight recoil decrease it seems like.

I've actually noticed a huge damage difference between having the silencer and not having it. Take it off, and you win more 1 vs 1's without Toughness. Eventually, you learn the maps so well, you don't need to be hidden on the map because you know where the enemy is coming from. I almost want the enemy to find me because searching for them is boring.

ghamorra

I don't argue that the TF doesn't aim, but for the love of God, how many times do I have to pop up on someone's screen when there's the faintest amount of me showing up. It doesn't aim the gun for you, but how hard is it to fix your sight on a neon square that shows .00000000001% of your enemy.

There should be no less that 25% of you enemy visible to show then on the TF

ManOfGod

I kill tons of people with "Target Finders" and THEY kill ME tons.... whatever.. seriously though try considering Blind Eye, thats about the only tier 2 perk i use... Its not that hard to counter them regardless of blind eye or not, Be careful,Snipe(like me),or....... oh yeah! BE CAREFUL.

Susan_Boyle

Instead of using Cold Blooded, I'd say spam EMP's instead. They render the Target Finder completely useless for a good amount of time.

raysraven5

yeah a another person whine about target finder it in the game get over it

theroc23

If you want a good laugh just watch the "spectating" feature and cycle through 'till you you get to the guy using the TF, there will be at least one in pretty much every match. Jagga is right, most of these cats are frozen in a state of tunnel-vision. As for the notion that it's "not" more suited to the LESS skilled, that's ridiculous. The very nature of it's limitations are why most skilled players don't use it, and they are usually skilled enough to acquire targets the old fashion way.

Having said that, it may be cheesy as helll but it's part of the game and it's not going anywhere.