8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 1:12 PM by BasilOfBakerStreet RSS

problem with perpetual lag

BasilOfBakerStreet

I do enjoy playing, but I have a serious issue with a 1-3 second lag, that prevents me actually competing well.  I will empty a half clip into my target before they start shooting at me on my screen.  They then kill me, and I watch the kill-cam, and it does not even register me shooting, it shows me running, and then getting a couple of rounds off before I die.  This is getting annoying because I have a lot of people dead to rights, but it just does not register the hits from my weapons.  Are there any suggestions to fix this, or will it never be addressed?

• Re: problem with perpetual lag
    Nubdub

I would guess you are playing from a low latency high bandwidth connection? If so, that's the issue. This game handicaps low ping connections so high ping (bad connection) players can compete. What you are seeing are the effects of terribly implemented lag compensation created by the developer. Only thing you can do is try to make your ping worse (50-100ms range) so you can compete. Really no other viable solution has been offered on the forums.

This. And the developers Treyarch ignore the BO2 community (except from MLG players) so do not expect any fixes ever.

Treyarch should listen to MLG players.  The real MLG players aren't the ones crying over every little thing in this game.  I would definitely listen to the MLG players over the rest of the community.

Optic is a well known MLG team. Vahn's basically in bed with them.

Watch OpticNades videos basically highlighting overpowered and unfair weapons or attachments that should be banned.

In his videos he says that Optic are a great competitive LAN team but not Online so much. Read between the lines. .

And in one of his most recent videos he disses the large number of pro players complaining about BO2, saying it is what it is and we should all be lucky Treyarch made this game blah blah blah.

BasilOfBakerStreet

I dont complain about every little thing.  But I assume that the MLG players have dedicated servers to service them, while the reest of the community are set apart.  What the community says is valid because it is the majority of the people that have problems.  It is a major problem for a lot of people because it si getting really annoying.  I know I am not the best player, but I am better than average, and the lag is really killing me, and this is the only game series that I have this problem with.

I have a low ping and have no problems playing this game.  Explain that to me.

Connections seem good to me.

BigpoppaPump

Feel free to join me on McDonald's wifi...