1 2 3 4 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 6:07 AM by Err0r_6_Is_Back1_LOL Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    bkblazer

Rage due to frustration from spawn killing from trapping and killstreaks. Rage due to frustration from connection issues. That being said, I still don't rage quit a lot. But it does happen once in while.

• 11. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    Sick_Buck_Nasty

I find People Quiting off my team when we are winning and we just killed the whole team, I dont get it. I have probably quit 2-3 times out of 500+ games and they were due to my Internet getting unplugged.

It's the worst right after you put up a killstreak and parts/all gets wasted while migrating Host's.

• 12. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    vims1990

I never quit.

If I go 15-30 against a decent team, I just deal with it and move on. Even when I feel I'm at such a disadvantage in terms of lag/connectivity, I don't quit. I'm more than happy for the enemy team to have their day beating the crap out of me in which I'll leave the lobby after the match and find a new one.

I do have a question to the people who responded to the OP with leaving due to high scorestreaks and bad teammates (this is ignoring the matches you join in progress as it's a valid excuse for leaving in my opinion):

- For those who quit when the enemy call in lodestars, warthogs, swarms etc: Why do you play game modes that is so easy to earn the higher scorestreaks?

You know TDM/FFA is close to barebones considering how difficult it to earn the higher tier scorestreaks. Maybe you should avoid playing Kill Confirmed, Domination, Hardpoint etc as it isn't that hard to build a decent streak by playing the objective and sticking to game modes that don't have scorestreak spam.

Also, let's not forget that the game have so many counters to scorestreaks i.e. Launchers, EMP Grenades, Black Hat PDA, Blind Eye, Cold Blooded etc.

Why not have an anti-air support class in handy and take down the air support?

- For those who leave due to bad teammates, why do you play solo? Why not party up a bit more if you can't handle playing with randoms?

The secret to avoiding joining a match in progress most of the time is partying up with at least 3 players.

Another solution is to play Mercenary Moshpit however I believe the devs screwed up on that one in terms of game mode selection in moshpit and no separate game mode for Mercenary TDM.

Just to end my rant, I ask myself, "If I was demolishing the opposing team, wouldn't I want the enemy team to stay in the match instead of quitting?"

In my bad matches, I'm not happy like any other gamer that doesn't like it when matches aren't going their way but I stay in and deal with it.

• 13. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    nicedrewishfela

Well said, Vims.

I used to rage quit quite a bit in past CoDs, kind of ashamed to admit it now. When Black Ops came out, I went through a period where I just took the game WAY too seriously. I was breakng controllers, headsets... even things around the house. Yeah, it got bad (Coincided with a really difficult time in my life as well, I think it was my outlet for a lot of that anger).

At one point, I forced myself to stop playing. I put away my controller and just focused back on myself and my life for a while. When I came back, I made the decision to just have fun playing. If I wasn't having fun... I would simply stop playing.

When I play, I am intense. Its just my nature. I am a competitive person. I have always been that way when I coached sports, played sports, or pretty much got involved in any competition. I like to compete, I like to win. When I was younger, losses used to linger with me for a long time. I still like to win, I still compete hard... but now once the whistle blows (Or the match ends, speaking in context) I let it go.

The biggest change I made beyond the focus on having fun was adapting to the situation. My old reaction was "I am getting my butt kicked, there is no way I can turn this around", and go for that X button and dashboard, usually with some choice curse words. Now, I still get mad, but I use that anger to improve my focus and drive. I typically will change classes once or twice until I find one that suits the situation. Wasn't running ghost or a launcher and the other team is consistently spamming UAV's? Time to switch to a launcher class.  Sometimes making a little change like this and altering my strategy for that match will help me turn it around. I still have a few bad games where I go negative, but at the same time I am also having matches where I will start 1-8 and end up going 27-10 or even 12-8... and feel pretty good about it knowing I turned it around.

Some of my best matches have been games in which I went negative. Sounds crazy, but even though I went negative I turned the match around by stringing together kills and ultimately improved my game enough to help my team win the game.

I hear so many excuses on here... I wish people would learn to man up and take a loss now and then. It truly builds character and makes you a better player. The game can be vastly frustrating, but I have a lot of respect for those who stick with it no matter what. I never make fun of that guy in the lobby who went 3-17... because I've been there. Every normal player has games that just don't work out well. Its how you adapt to the situation and, if necessary, rebound from the loss that truly matters. I've seen that 3-17 lead the lobby scoreboard the very next round, and been that guy. And I cheer for him every time.

• 14. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    vims1990

I hear so many excuses on here... I wish people would learn to man up and take a loss now and then. It truly builds character and makes you a better player. The game can be vastly frustrating, but I have a lot of respect for those who stick with it no matter what. I never make fun of that guy in the lobby who went 3-17... because I've been there. Every normal player has games that just don't work out well. Its how you adapt to the situation and, if necessary, rebound from the loss that truly matters. I've seen that 3-17 lead the lobby scoreboard the very next round, and been that guy. And I cheer for him every time.

Same here Drew.

Last night, my party played a team on Hardpoint who actually thought we were MLG players (in which we weren't). All I told them that we were a bunch of casual players who understood the game mode and used teamwork and communication.

I gave the team props for staying as most of them were going 5-20 and 3-17. And those guys were trying to play the objective, not staying away to avoid going negative. I could tell from the "rage mic" that they were frustrated but they were humble in losing.

What struck me was when one of their team members requested a FR and asked if he could learn from us which I accepted. Why this stuck me was that it's rare to come across players who want to learn from experienced players. Most of the time, our team would get accusations of being hacks, cheats, lag switchers and boosters.

This team didn't have amazing stats but they were trying.  The high K/D clans I come across would quit/dashboard because it would affect their stats. A 3.0 K/D party that I came across didn't even want to play against us.

• 15. Re: Why do you quit mid match?

There are many reasons to quit mid-match, and all of them are a direct result of forced matchmaking.

1) Unplayable lag - due to having zero control over what games you are placed in, thus being stuck with foreigners.

2) Party vs Randoms - A party will win against a group of randoms 99 out of 100 games simply because they know each other's playstyles, have strategies, and constantly communicate. Randoms do not know each others playstyle, constantly get in each other's way, have no strategies, rarely communicate or respond to communication, and often don't even play the objective.    - It's no fun being in a lopsided game, doesn't matter if you're on the winning or losing team. (On the winning team it's boring, and on the losing team you are being spawnkilled amidst a hail of high tier scorestreaks)

3) Hackers - When confronted with a hacker there is no reason to remain in the game just to feed them free kills and allow them the pleasure of cheating. Hacking may be rare on Xbox, but it is very common on PC.

4) Unbalanced teams - When half your team leaves there is no reason to stay in a lopsided game of 6v3. Likewise there is no reason whatsoever to stay when forced into a room on a losing team.

Every reason to quit mid-game could be instantly solved by the removal of forced matchmaking.

• 16. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    BigpoppaPump

I very rarely quit matches. With my expierences with what you just posted:

1) Unplayable lag - I usually play through it because it will only lag for about 15seconds before host mitigration and/or get kicked

2) Party vs Randoms - I always have this mentality where my job to try to make this clan/party rage quit!!! If i hear them talking sh*t right after i kill them, it adds more fuel to the fire to keep harrassing them. As for the higher killstreaks they attain, man there are things called buildings, stay in them. Don't get me wrong i do go negative sometimes, but i rather sacrifice k/d over having fun.

3) Hackers - I've been very fortunate to have not come across them. (xbox)

4) Unbalanced teams - 6v3 i drop playing the objective and go into kill whore mode!! I have a lot of different classes and if i get put into a team spawned trapped, i start throwing emps everywhere and slowy start pushing forward.

I can see number 1 & 3 being a legit excuse, but 2 & 4 shouldn't be an excuse, people have the fight or flight responses, and pansies choose flight....

• 17. Re: Why do you quit mid match?

Quitters just quit.  They want everything handed to them, so if they are not doing as good as they want they quit.  I think quitters should start getting banned for weeks if you quit too much.

• 18. Re: Why do you quit mid match?
    Pooklove

I don't quit, no need.

• 19. Re: Why do you quit mid match?

I just quit now to answer my phone.

I usually quit when the game keeps stuttering and it is basically unplayable.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next