28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 3:02 PM by c0ldfr1xion RSS

Only HC TDM For Revolution?

What kind of joke is this? I wouldn't have paid for this map pack if I knew it wouldn't be available in HC game modes...you know, the measly 4 or 5 of them that there are.

 

This is really, really pathetic, Treyarch. You better add hardcore search and destroy for the new map pack!

  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
    Bruhahaa

    Calm down it will start tonight with 2xp on peacekeeper.

    • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?

      What do you mean calm down? This should be available from the beginning!

      • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
        Bruhahaa

        The new hardcore is really the softcore. Hardcore = camp, aim, take 1 bullet to take down enemy= more camping, that's not skill. If you camp in softcore, it will take more bullets to kill somebody, so basically softcore is harder and takes more skill and is really the real hard core. Try and play it and its the real hard core.

        • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?

          Are you really going around writing posts about how Softcore > Hardcore? I think softcore sucks- I would never play it. You aren't convincing anybody, bud!

           

          EDIT: I am a high level PC CoD player and my team is 2nd on the TWL ladder for HC S&D. We aren't going to touch softcore crap. Softcore also forces you to use the highest damage guns, rather than the gun you prefer to use (better iron sights, etc.). It's crap!

          • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
            Bruhahaa

            Well, I'm also master prestige in bo2 and I play alone. Check Bruhaha, that's my name. My point is relax but if you can't wait for the patch then try to play other game modes. No need to go bonkers, these kind of games are supposed to be past times and to have fun, don't make it you career. Just saying..

        • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
          c0ldfr1xion

          Bruhahaa wrote:

           

          The new hardcore is really the softcore. Hardcore = camp, aim, take 1 bullet to take down enemy= more camping, that's not skill. If you camp in softcore, it will take more bullets to kill somebody, so basically softcore is harder and takes more skill and is really the real hard core. Try and play it and its the real hard core.

           

          Not everyone camps in HC. If they did, no one would score points. Campers exist in both modes, however. Non-HC players aren't penalized for shooting teammates, and while I'm not a huge HC player, I've played enough to know that one has to pay more attention when deciding who to shoot lest they get kicked. This applies equally to campers or otherwise.

          • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
            Bruhahaa

            I know that, I played a lot of HC since cod4 but still it will only take 1 bullet to kill somebody even with the weakest weapon. It has it's advantages and disadvantages and through my experience a lot of HC gamers tends to camp a lot b/c of the 1 shot 1 kill mode. Imo.

            • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
              c0ldfr1xion

              Bruhahaa wrote:

               

              I know that, I played a lot of HC since cod4 but still it will only take 1 bullet to kill somebody even with the weakest weapon. It has it's advantages and disadvantages and through my experience a lot of HC gamers tends to camp a lot b/c of the 1 shot 1 kill mode. Imo.

               

              In my opinion, because health is lower by default and players can be kicked for shooting teammates, there's more at stake in HC, which raises the level of care required in order to be successful. Much like real life, it's foolish to rush around hastily, much less out into the open, in my opinion. Yes, there are those who do camp, but many players approach areas much more cautiously or employ wait and move tactics.

              • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                Bruhahaa

                Again it depends on how you look at the game. I don't really run and gun in softcore and I try to play it like I'm in the hardcore mode and it takes 3-5 bullets to take down somebody depending on your gun. The amount of concentration that you need to steady the aim to land those bullets takes more skills compared to HC which only take 1 bullet to kill. The shooting of teammates multiple times in HC  only happens if you're still starting, once you get use to it, it's very easy to identity teammates even in peek a boo situations. The level of care that you're pointing ehhh doesnt really counts b/c once you see somebody it will only take 1 bullet to take him down.

                 

                Most very good HC gamers are mostly campers but don't get me wrong there are maps that are camper friendly but HC raised the bar of camping due to its 1 shot 1 kill system. But it's wrong to say that b/c you play in softcore then you're not as good as HC gamers.

                • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?

                  It's not 1 shot 1 kill. Most gun take a few shots.

                • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                  c0ldfr1xion

                  Bruhahaa wrote:

                   

                  Again it depends on how you look at the game. I don't really run and gun in softcore and I try to play it like I'm in the hardcore mode and it takes 3-5 bullets to take down somebody depending on your gun. The amount of concentration that you need to steady the aim to land those bullets takes more skills compared to HC which only take 1 bullet to kill. The shooting of teammates multiple times in HC  only happens if you're still starting, once you get use to it, it's very easy to identity teammates even in peek a boo situations. The level of care that you're pointing ehhh doesnt really counts b/c once you see somebody it will only take 1 bullet to take him down.

                   

                  Most very good HC gamers are mostly campers but don't get me wrong there are maps that are camper friendly but HC raised the bar of camping due to its 1 shot 1 kill system. But it's wrong to say that b/c you play in softcore then you're not as good as HC gamers.

                   

                  Firstly, I never claimed that those who don't play HC aren't as skilled as those who do.

                   

                  Secondly, I know a number of excellent HC players that don't camp at all, by the way. You can find numerous examples on YouTube, as well. Like I said, if everyone camped, no one would score. But there are obviously campers in both modes. The difference is players tend to be a bit more cautious in HC, in my opinion. Just because you remain in one spot for a short period and wait for movement make you a camper, but if that's how you like to play then it's a legitimate strategy. More power to you. It's not my strategy, but I've personally seen many great players that can run the map in HC.

                   

                  Thirdly, yes, even great players get kicked for shooting their own teammates from time to time. Team kills are a consideration that add an extra layer of challenge which is absent in non-HC mode.

                   

                  Fourthly, they call it 'HARD' core for a reason, namely because it's more difficult to stay alive.

                  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                    Bruhahaa

                    Good point there but still that's only for scorestreaks. It's still goes both ways easy kill and getting killed easier with 1-2 shots. If you're playing for scorestreaks then you can call it hardcore otherwise, there's no hardcore for easy kill.

                    • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                      c0ldfr1xion

                      Bruhahaa wrote:

                       

                      Good point there but still that's only for scorestreaks. It's still goes both ways easy kill and getting killed easier with 1-2 shots. If you're playing for scorestreaks then you can call it hardcore otherwise, there's no hardcore for easy kill.

                       

                      It's not just scorestreaks, but collateral damage from grenades, Bouncing Betties and claymores. And yes, the fact it takes fewer shots not only to kill but be killed makes the mode more challenging, not to mention health doesn't regenerate. Then there's the fact players have to operate without the convenience of a HUD, and they're also left to their own devices in figuring out the location of the person who shot them since there's no killcam. So, basically, you:

                       

                      1) Can be kicked for killing your teammates via shooting, scorestreaks, grenades, Bouncing Betties, and claymores.

                       

                      2) Must operate without the convenience of a HUD

                       

                      3) Cannot locate players who killed you via killcam

                       

                      4) Have minimal health

                       

                      5) Cannot replenish your health

                       

                      And you're suggesting those factors don't make HC more challenging? Killing and being killed with fewer shots is only one of a number of factors which make HC more difficult, in my opinion.

                      • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                        Bruhahaa

                        But do you think softcore without a HUD + all the things you said would be more harder to play? The health regeneration is frustrating if you're trying to shoot somebody and you can't get that kill which IMO is more hardcore than to let say 1-2 shots kill. I played revolution last night and one dude was complaining when is the HC coming on that map b/c every time we face each other I kill him all the time. People who play HC gets frustrated in softcore for the reason that they can't get an easy kill and that to me is the real HC.

                        • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                          d4o2t0

                          Bruhahaa wrote:

                           

                          People who play HC gets frustrated in softcore for the reason that they can't get an easy kill and that to me is the real HC.

                           

                          Nope wrong, people who play HC get frustrated in softcore for the reason that it is beyond stupidly easy and provides zero challenge whatsoever.

                           

                          I can go into softcore using only a knife and get a kdr above 3.0 because of the insanely high health and health regen... That is the very definition of "easy mode"

                        • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
                          c0ldfr1xion

                          Bruhahaa wrote:

                           

                          But do you think softcore without a HUD + all the things you said would be more harder to play? The health regeneration is frustrating if you're trying to shoot somebody and you can't get that kill which IMO is more hardcore than to let say 1-2 shots kill. I played revolution last night and one dude was complaining when is the HC coming on that map b/c every time we face each other I kill him all the time. People who play HC gets frustrated in softcore for the reason that they can't get an easy kill and that to me is the real HC.

                           

                           

                           

                          Ask yourself which of these two scenarios would be more of a challenge to stay alive if it were real life?

                           

                          A) Any and all weapons can kill you if you're shot one or two times anywhere on your body(eg. foot, groin, leg, etc.)

                           

                          B) Only specialized weapons can kill you if you're shot one or two times and of those, some weapons require head shots specifically.

                           

                          Yes, even if the only disparity between regular mode and HC were the health differential, it's inherently more challenging to stay alive in a match where every weapon can kill you if you're shot one or two times anywhere on your body.

                           

                          Which of these two is considered the more skilled player?

                           

                          A) Has a high kill ratio and low death ratio

                          B) Has both a high kill and high death ratio

                           

                          It's not simply about how many kills you can rack up but how successfully you're able to avoid dying.

                           

                          Further, because it's easier to get killed in HC, it's inherently more difficult to obtain kills. There's an inverse relationship between the two. If that weren't the case, most kill ratios in HC would be the same as their regular mode counterparts or even higher, but that's not consistent with reality. It's the reason why seasoned players opt for HC mode; it's inherently more difficult to obtain kills and likewise stay alive.

  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
    extremefight49

    More HC Revolution playlists will be added later today (via PCdev).

     

    TopFighter | Treyarch Forum Moderator

    Black Ops I & Black Ops II

  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?

    How can you say hardcore = camping lol its not even close your just playing bad people that will camp in anymode they play

  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
    3GaNwO_PzD

    Yes i really hope they have all game mode types! Not only just SaD but TDM CtF and all the other goodies there should be no limitations for the new maps like only core.  i dont even know why they would put out a map pack where they wouldnt use ALL there game modes in it. Makes no sense to me and can only see alot of people getting really upset! Also Not everyone camps in hc. Me and my boys i play with run and gun and we normally clear out lobbies on a daily basis. Hardcore takes more skill in the aspect you have to watch friendly fire no HUD and yes the 1 or 2 shots it takes to kill someone makes it more to where you gotta check everything instead of just run out in the open. OOOOO and hardcore doesnt regeneate health which i personally think is retarded. if you get shot your health shouldnt regenerate period

    • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
      Bruhahaa

      My hardcore world would be softcore without HUD and  friendly fire. I think that's the real hardcore, 1-2 shots in All guns is still not hardcore for me, that takes no skill to kill.

      • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
        3GaNwO_PzD

        yea i dont like the 1 to 2 shots would be better if it was like 3 shots to dead for hardcore instead of one

        • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
          Bruhahaa

          People who plays HC gets frustrated when they play softcore for the reason that they can't kill enemies in 1-2 bullets.

          • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
            d4o2t0

            Bruhahaa wrote:

             

            People who plays HC gets frustrated when they play softcore for the reason that they can't kill enemies in 1-2 bullets.

             

             

            Sorry but you have it wrong.  I am a hardcore player who finds softcore to be a stupidly easy, mindless run n gun sprayfest... I have played 3 games total of softcore on BO2, in all 3 I had a kdr over 3.0 without even trying, I just ran around mindlessly shooting everything that moved.

             

            Hardcore players can adjust to softcore quite easily, it's softcore players that cannot play hardcore. They try and give up every time because they can't run around mindlessly and get a good kdr like you can oh so easily in softcore.

            • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
              momxcore

              trolls, not complaining about which is better, its irrellevent.  there is a large community that plays HC and a large that plays SC, and both should be available with the amount of money thrown down to play this game, as it has been in the past.  Mosh pit is not an acceptible compromise.  Players should not have to compromise.

               

              If a modertator could step in with an answer and a freaking time line, that would be great.

  • Re: Only HC TDM For Revolution?
    Ghost6699

    There should be HC for all modes,we should have a choice.HC players have been left out in the Revolution map Pack which in my oppinion is unacceptable.If i would have known HC was not available in all modes i would not have bought the Map Pack,I only play HC.To me Revolution is useless without HC.