20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 3:16 PM by FOHDR RSS

found a bug :(

Mistastep

While I was playing a public game of Die Rise on Xbox, I had a problem in the game...

We got to level 25 and well I accidentally fell down whilst making the jump from the radio tower to the other building, luckily I had Who's Who so I spawned back. when I tried to buy back the galvaknuckles (I previously had before I went down) an issue arose..

I was unable to punch anymore, and the other odd thing was I could rebuy the galvaknuckles even though I already supposedly had them...

Was really annoying...

Could somebody adress this bug, I am new here on this forum and I was unsure where to post this?

Mistastep

• Re: found a bug :(
    theatriks

Yeah that happens sometimes.

Treyarch is aware of it.

Just hope that they're working on it.

*Also, some say that buying Who's Who again will fix everything. I can't speak for others, but I can say that it didn't work when I tried it.

DeathBringer-Zen

This is NOT a bug.

If you go down, and come back through your Who's who, you must buy Who's who again, in order to be able to use you're melee attack, and the ability to carry more than one weapon at a time.

Mistastep

well I did!
      I bought all my perks back and it didn't work

CombustiblSquid

I had that issue after going down with who's who and having my ghost go down. luckily my teammates picked up my actual body and I went back to it but only had 1 gun. I went and bought Jugg and my second gun came back along with my knifing. The requirement doesn't seem to be having to rebuy who's who.

DeathBringer-Zen

I have tried this a few times, as Jug is the first perk I buy back, and still could not use my Galvaknucks until I bought Who's who again.

Still, I have not tested this out since the last patch dropped, so I am not sure if the requirements have changed.

Will test it out though. Cheers for the heads up.

CombustiblSquid

Don't know if it matters but the who's who I had was from the jumper rounds but power was on by the time I lost it so I didn't actually purchase who's who and jugg would have technically been the first perk I bought.

This is a bug... They didn't design it so you couldn't knife, that would be ridiculous.

DeathBringer-Zen

When you come back in Who's who mode, you are not a normal player... you are the "ghost" vesion of yourself. Once you purchase Who's who, it restores you back to normal.

It has worked for me EVERY time I have tried this, and has also worked for others on here that I have played with. If it is not working for you, then it may be a bug, yes, but definitely solves the issue for me.

I know how Who's Who works. I'm saying that they did not purposely code the perk to not let you knife if it screws up. I understand what you're saying. One time it screwed up for me and I could only knife. I couldn't lay claymores, I couldn't throw grenades, I couldn't change gun. All I could use was galvaknuckles. I had to take out 4 players worth of zombies on round 20 by myself with just galvas as the rest of the team died on round 19 and again died at the start of round 20

One of the few times I used Wh'sWh, I didn't have my monkey bombs after reviving myself.

I had quite a surprise when I tried to throw one on lvl 32 and realized I had to start running. Haven't used the perk since...

jaysta5792

If you pack a punch a weapon, everything comes back also

CombustiblSquid

Ya this leads me to believe it's a glitch but then again you can still get all six perks on town and that is a very well known "glitch" so that may have been a secret effect of using tomb stone as well since if you go down with tomb and the other 5 if you pick up the stone you get the five back. Who knows.

FOHDR

I do not believe that using tobmstone to get more than 4 perks is a glitch. It has been around since day 1 and has not been addressed.  If it was a "glitch" treyarc would have surely patched it by now.

Shredder2468

I going to go play Black Ops 2 Zombies for the first time in two weeks. Wish me luck guys. : D.

I've found 2 solutions to the "who's who robbing u of random stuff" bug

#1- pack a punch something

#2- go down again

GulfCoastGirl

BigHeadN wrote:

I've found 2 solutions to the "who's who robbing u of random stuff" bug

#1- pack a punch something

#2- go down again

Yep.... that buggy piece of sh*t perk has got me on a few occasions as well.  No knife, can't arm Trample Steam.... can't switch to 2nd gun and can't lay down claymores.  The problem has always gone away for me when I PAP.

Most of the people I play with will wait till the end of a round and we keep one zombie alive and they down/revive themselves just to get rid of that perk.  You know a perk is bad when players would rather have the extra down than carry the perk itself.

Offliine-id

I got the PDW for free somehow o.O

My advice: just don't buy Who's who anymore.

I purposely shoot the nova crawlers so I don't get a 5th or 6th perk, i.e. Mule Kick and Who's who, hate them (in Die Rise). If I've gone down once, chances are I will again when I have Who's who, due to the confined spaces. To me it's basically paying to have 2 downs instead of 1 and then there the problems you get with it, like in OP's post.

Yes, very annoying...but here is the fix...

If you are unable to revive yourself and remain a ghost: Go buy the Bowie Knife (1st) which will allow you the ability to melee again and then buy the Galv Knuckles (2nd) this will allow you to use your knuckles again.

It is also kinda hard NOT to obtain the "Who's Who" perk when people are always set on getting the free perks.

just saying...