23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 10:10 AM by JBurn244 RSS

C4's

What's with the C4's in this game? Practically 1 out of every 10 you toss is a dud and does absolutely nothing! And it's really irritating when it happens at a very inconveient time (i.e. One of a score streak, or that one explosion to keep you alive a little longer.)

My only guess is that the frame inbetween the C4 being airborn and the C4 sticking to the floor or wall absorbs the explosion (because part of the C4 model sinks through said floor or wall), not even resulting in a hitmarker at the very least.

• Re: C4's
    TheSurgeon83

The thing that keeps happening to me is I throw it, double tap x, nothing, start rapidly double tapping x, still nothing. I then die and after I respawn it goes off and I get the kill. Just me that's getting this?

The C4 you tossed may or may not have gotten disabled temporarily via stun or flash. My situation happens frequently, it happened in a recent game. I may upload a video for quick proof.

BigpoppaPump

I don't have a problem with it...I usually deonate it before it hits the ground. You gotta double tap that X button!!!

I havent had a problem with the C4. Everytime I throw a C4 i double tap x and I usually get the kill if they were there. I have had no problem with the detonation as it always responds the instant i hit the button. This, of course, depends on any lag or horrible connection in the game that I am in.

Here's video proof and a visual explanation to what I was attempting to describe. And the real frustrating thing is, the chump in the video and a second guy were being a third guy's guenea pigs and helping him boost Assault Shield challenges. Completely unfair.

BigpoppaPump

wow!! nope it hasn't happen to me yet.

ThatIdiot

Had the same stuff last week on Demolition. I was playing on Hijacked and on the UAV I saw the whole team bunched up trying to defuse the last bomb. I rush in, throw a C4 and blow it up, just to get killed. The killcam showed a C4 flying in his face, exploding under his feet and no one of the enemy team even took damage..

Secret Flak Jacket pro perk? Lol

Yeah this was one of the REAL GLITCHES I expected Treyarch to address.

If you detonate C4 at the time it hits the floor it becomes a dud. Very frustrating, major gameplay affecting glitch - IGNORED by the developers.

xmrythem

i prefer the c4 over every type of explosive. it works by far the best for me.

dweez1988

For People that have problems double tapping:

Use fast hands and let explode with the RB button instead.

With fast hands this can been done realy really fast.

pennyizer33

Good, I hope it never goes off.  Throwing C4 25+ feet is stupid anyway, come out and fight like a man....

JBurn244

Lol!! Listen to this butthurt nerd!

7 posts too many, champ.

pennyizer33

C4, EMP nades, scavenger....did I just nail your setup or what???

JBurn244

No.

Why are you so upset with C4? It's ok, you can tell me.

SitRepPro

Probably because people throw it into a place add hope to get a kill rather than actually know if someone is there etc.

JBurn244

Lots like those random frags over buildings/on B flag/across the map?

SitRepPro

Oh I agree!  It's a bit like the Hunter Killer Drone when gamers call it a free kill, yet if you ask how often people use it there's a chance it won't have a kill to use ratio above 1.  Same applies to the 'place and forget' lark with Betties and Claymores but there are ways to avoid and counter them but it still won't stop people moaning.

JBurn244

Yeah I rarely use the HK unless I just want to run low streaks. I've looked at my own stats with it and I think it only gets kills around 50% of the time.

Vekta67

I love c4's. I always get a kill them, unless someone has flak jacket on, which makes you invulnerable to 2 of these lol