13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 11:56 AM by ChronoZombie RSS

Trophy System Fail

TheSurgeon83

So I decided to use the Trophy for a bit to get the calling card (yes I was that bored), however it seems to randomly pick and choose what it blocks.

The video below is a prime example of fail, some got a swarm from a CP towards the end of a game, thought I'd take the opportunity to get a few blocks and threw down 2 Trophy Systems and stood out in the open.

This is what happened:

Is it just me this kind of crap is happening to?

• Re: Trophy System Fail
    Bielsalmighty

I thought it was pretty well known that they wont stop 100% of everything?

Izjar11

It is not a fail, the trophy system will not stop a swarm.

Nothing wrong their, I'd say this thread is a understanding fail.

TheSurgeon83

It did stop the swarm initially, I blocked about 3 before that last one got through.

Now take your sarcasm and shove it up your arse.

Kthanksbye.

Izjar11

TheSurgeon83 wrote:

Now take your sarcasm and shove it up your arse.

Kthanksbye.

Chill guy, not everyone's response (such as mine) will be what you expected. But your post is still a fail.

JSlayer211

Lol you don't understand, post a comment that is blatantly wrong, then say the thread is a fail?

However, the trophy does say that enemy vehicles still have a chance to penetrate. I find that depending on the streak the chances are pretty fricken high. There is like a .0125% chance that a trophy will block a lodestar missile. Trophies do however work fairly often against AGR missiles. Go figure lol.

that6uy420

read the description of the item...  I think it's more of a fail on your part...  it doesn't block everything and has a chance to let things through (particularly Killstreaks)

JSlayer211

The trophy system is pretty much a fail imo. It doesn't block most of the streaks and the swarm is only a partial block, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also takes like 2 bullets to destroy them and they are easily identified with the spinning lit up beacon. The amount of points received for blocking projectiles is also laughable.

People swear by how good tacticals are in BO2, but I am sure they didn't mean Trophies or they have never used them extensively.

Btw if you are ever lucky enough to destroy a full hellstorm missile, you will find that you get a whole 25 points for that lol. Btw you have a better chance of shooting the hellstorm missile down with your gun than the trophy blocking any of it.

But why use any other tactical than the EMP grenade? lol. It pretty much does it all. The trophy needs a serious buff to points, remove the stupid spinning flashing crap, increased health, and 100% success rate to block projectiles from streaks.

r33k

trophy system: MW3 > BLOPS2

JSlayer211

100% agree, but that was back in the day when counters to things worked 100% of the time. A counter shouldn't be a gamble (looking @ you Target Finder vs. Cold Blooded and Trophy vs. Streaks). I have always said it and I will say it again, BO2 is a forced playstyle game. It really isn't a sandbox that allows you to play successfully with your style of play. You just have to adopt the one that works which is the one or two that 3arc has laid out.

Just for those of you that are going to cry hard about all the camping you had to do to get that streak so it should be OP blah blah blah. These high end streaks are broken as it is, nuff said. Dogs shouldn't be able to run up and bite the front of a fricken assault shield and kill me either. Can't bash kill dogs with it but a knife works fine, what a bunch of BS.

UncleFizer

Trophy systems are good for modes like HQ and DOM.  Put a couple down while your capping B or taking the HQ and you dont have to worry about random grenades or flashbangs.  Makes for easy captures.

ChronoZombie

Maybe there is a cooldown on how often the trophy can trigger?