18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 8:44 AM by Joco3000 RSS

TDM Length

TIDE113

I know we see a lot of complaining about lag and hit detection on here, but those are ones that I am not sure you would be able to satisfy everyone on anyways.  What I wanted to discuss is an issue that could, IMO, help the game in another way.  I think they could make TDM kill count higher.  75 sometimes comes pretty quick and this makes the rounds last so short sometimes.  Sure I could play another game type, but I like TDM every now and then.  I was thinking that they could bump the count up from 75 to around 100 or even 150.  This could be something they could actually and I think would help the game out overall.  What does everyone else think? 

• Re: TDM Length

i agree fully..... it should be double what it is!!! 150 kills ftw would be spot on

obzi

I totally agree and was thinking about posting exactly this earlier today especially after a few games last night which were far too quick.  It felt like we spent longer waiting to get a TDM lobby together to start the game than actually playing.

TIDE113

I would consider playing TDM a lot more if they made it about 100-150. I like TDM and that is what I used to play in the other series, but with the matches being so short I play KC or Dom. Usually I play solo which in Dom I can end up getting my butt kicked and even in KC that can happen but playing solo in TDM I seem to do decent but the game goes so quick.

ruwal3

It would have it's pros and cons.

Pros:

*Could help people gain higher scorestreaks in TDM. You don't see many high scorestreaks other than those coming from care packages.

*It'd be great for close games. Dragging out a really close match would be fun.

Cons:

*A lot more people leaving the match. Possibly more host migration. Who's going to stay around and get their ass kicked for twice the length of time. Some people will stay in a match where they are down by 30 points, if the other team is at 70 and soon going to win anyway, but they are going to leave/dashboard if they have to wait for the game to hit 100 or 150.

schlag2dash

I would like the score limit increased as well

SitRepPro

Or have a Community playlist like in MW3 and have an extended TDM and see how that goes.  I want to see how often I can get a Swarm under the current system.[/tryhard]

Raising it too 100 would give everyone on the team an average of 4 more kills (slightly more, I know), which would be fine. 150 might be too high, the game would probably seem pretty long, especially on some of those maps that you don't really care for. I'm all for increasing the TDM from 75, I say split the difference to 125 and make everyone happy.

True. Make em longer! But not as long as battlefields...omg. Well the battlefield I seem my bf play on pc is like 15-20 mins. But I guess it could be pc servers.

parnezzi

Ps3, xbox , and pc can have customizable limits on BF3, and i believe the numbers can go into the 1000s well maybe not for TDM but 500% of 100 tickets is still a lot, but again its 12 v 12 not 6v6

LordPookums

Yes please.

Make the total 100. (maybe 125 if 100 even seems to low).

TDM also needs 125 points per kill...and 50per assist (with 75 for emp/shock assists).

This will make scorestreaks more manageable without increased camping, and make the games more fun and exciting. With the scorestreak improvement 125 for overall team total might be the go-to number in that case.

I basically only play TDM. The low score per kill and low score for team total are always two things that bugged me in this game.

nicedrewishfela

As an HCTDM players, I can't agree with this.

I find 75 to be a good number. One issue TDM always suffered from before this game was that, especially in HC, matches would often not reach the 75 kill limit. This game I find 9/10 matches at least do reach that marker.

75 is a good number imo. Its not high enough to drag the game out but not low enough to make the game too quick.

My experience has been that games go one of 2 ways: 1) One team is extremely far ahead and there is no chance of the other team winning or 2) games are extremely close and can go either way at the end. I rarely see those middle of the line games.

My worry is that with longer games you get a few things... More quitting, especially if one team is down by a lot. More Camping to reach that higher numbers. More scorestreaks.

I think bumping up the total would take away some of the charm that TDM has, some of what I love about it.

TIDE113

In HC I can see no increasing the game but with the quitting issue plenty quit in game regaurdless especially in KC and Dom so I don't see it would be much of a difference.

nicedrewishfela

I see it quite a bit already, but being 75 the end is in sight so people sometimes just stick it out. Prolong it.. get more scorestreaks in the air... makes the issue bigger and more noticeable. Just my opinion.

TheSurgeon83

I think an increase is long overdue, but only to say 90 / 100. It may help bring slayers back from objective modes and liven up TDM again.

If you're looking for longer matches with more kills / higher streaks play KC.

wow13100

I agree TDM epically on small maps like nuketown are way to short. 100-150 would be a great amount in my opinion. There is a challenge I think to get either 20 or 25 kills in a row on TDM. It would make it less stressful if it was more kills in the game mode.

malditor

I don't know how you get matches that end so fast on tdm... Typcially the games I get into are camp fests that hi the time limit. If anything they should increase the points rewarded by 25% or give everyone in the game type built in hardline. IMO fast matches are good matches anyway. I'd take 5 min matches over 10 minute matches any day.

obzi

I think there's a difference between Core and HC, I only play Core and some matches are too short so 100 would be a good move without going over the top.

There's nothing to say Core and HC have to be the same.

Joco3000

Not sure about the standard playlist, but MTDM should not have a point increase ever. That game mode is painfully slow and would probably work better with a point decrease