1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 3:27 PM by starbuckfrack Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Naming and Shaming
    redx165

This might not be cheating but I've have had this person on my friends list for some time. Then I started seeing him boosting. I reported him and never once did you guys do anything. He has 3 days played and is a master prestige. He didn't do the master prestige glitch cause I saw his stats go from level 1 through all the other prestiges. Still waiting for you guys to do something.

Here's a solution to help everyone who hates boosters and cheaters. Do what Rockstar does ( A company that cares for their customers ) and have all cheaters and boosters play with each other.

~THE NOOB KILLER

• 41. Re: Naming and Shaming
    Foxhound-Pro

FWIW, throuhout the entire thread I've stated that the developers have some work they need to do on their end. So yes, I agree that it's unfortunate that people can still do this.

I also don't take kindly to "you guys." Seems harmless, but I need to keep the distinction that I am not a developer. If I were, I would totally like to be part of the group that would try to make requests a reality.

• 42. Re: Naming and Shaming
    redx165

We know you're not a developer but you're closer to them than any of us on here. I'm sure you might even know some. You can help give them the ideas. Point them to us. Help the community become even better.

~THE NOOB KILLER

• 43. Re: Naming and Shaming
    PigllRolling

Just a thought: is it safe to assume the official word on the burning issue is,

that everything realistically possible is being done as we speak/don't speak, due to obvious impossibilities;
    consequently, any deviation outside the official framework on the matter shall result in even more vicious damage to the community?
    The same underlining framework that might be the fuel - especially to the effect of toxicity and echo affect - deflected back at the community as some sort of a terrible

divide, best to be left Least As Possible Interfered With?

Heed the warning?

This might be the most difficult, awful and depressing thread on here in a very long while...
    nevertheless, the rabbit hole sinks much deeper and there's much more work/magic to be done;
    therefore - keep calm and carry on.

• 44. Re: Naming and Shaming
    maccabi

everyone i've JUST reported in game along with my clannies  for having a bad emblem or boosting has to date been banned/reset/had emblem making taken away bar 1 person.

does it happen instantly no,

the system works fine for reporting offences what doesnt work as well is peoples perceptions that i should be an instant punishment.

• 45. Re: Naming and Shaming

i would like to name and shame, but seen as were not, i just take it upon myself to police the games im in. when i come across boosters and cheaters, i just follow them through recently played with and stop them, sandy ravage style. its a dirty job but someone has to do it. im like batman, with a gun, watching over you all, beware my gamertag, manhandz69.

• 46. Re: Naming and Shaming
    Foxhound-Pro

VulcanArms wrote:

i would like to name and shame, but seen as were not, i just take it upon myself to police the games im in. when i come across boosters and cheaters, i just follow them through recently played with and stop them, sandy ravage style. its a dirty job but someone has to do it. im like batman, with a gun, watching over you all, beware my gamertag, manhandz69.

Just to err on the side of caution, following someone around like that and harassing them can get you in trouble with the 1st party TOU/COC.

It also creates an ironic state of things. Those users were boosting and now you too are entering a session without the game in mind. Your team only has four real players now. You are also feeding kills off of those two. In a sense you're boosting off of their boosting. This is why I call it misguided vigilantism. "Let's go stop the murderers by becoming murders." - Fighting fire with fire isn't the proper way to handle things.

• 47. Re: Naming and Shaming
    zingaa

If people can't see that it's a bad idea to n&s then you got problems

• 48. Re: Naming and Shaming

I also win the game fox, its the best of both worlds. i stop them, they leave, the game is salvagable. but to be serious, most of the time they are left unchecked, there team wins, ther not just boosting for challenges, 3 boosters ruined a game i was winning with endless VTOLS, loadstars and other scorestreaks. and i care about wins, boost in my game, ur gonna get justice.

yknow a quick, easy fix? stop allowing tac inserts to be placed next to each other. or take it out the game, i never understood why its still about. bad design if u ask me.

as for the harrasing? killing someone in a game is harrasing now? im not abusive, i never speak to them, the feature is built into the game, sometimes i follow people who were good competition, they get killed too. there are so many shades of grey there its silly to even suggest it imo.

• 49. Re: Naming and Shaming
    Foxhound-Pro

VulcanArms wrote:

I also win the game fox, its the best of both worlds. i stop them, they leave, the game is salvagable. but to be serious, most of the time they are left unchecked, there team wins, ther not just boosting for challenges, 3 boosters ruined a game i was winning with endless VTOLS, loadstars and other scorestreaks. and i care about wins, boost in my game, ur gonna get justice.

yknow a quick, easy fix? stop allowing tac inserts to be placed next to each other. or take it out the game, i never understood why its still about. bad design if u ask me.

as for the harrasing? killing someone in a game is harrasing now? im not abusive, i never speak to them, the feature is built into the game, sometimes i follow people who were good competition, they get killed too. there are so many shades of grey there its silly to even suggest it imo.

Generalizing the act of following someone with an intent to disrupt as simple killing is a good way to deflect responsibility, but Microsoft, Sony and Valve will still see it as a form of harassment.

Take for example the previous IW Enforcer group. Sanctioned by Infinity Ward to report users, but a few were then banned by Microsoft when they started telling people that they would be banned for their actions. Good intentions, but a bad turn around. It happens. Microsoft's reason for the ban? Impersonation of Staff. - It's serious. Simply because you think that you're delivering justice does not mean that your are absolved of any infringement of their Code of Conduct.

I'm also going to simply drop it off here as I have neither time nor patience to attempt to explain this ad nausem.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next