1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 2:38 PM by myevo8you Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: the sentry gun!?
    Darkdyllon

in a pub match im mostly alone and with 5 randoms and as i cant trust randoms playing the objective i have to stock up on anything that can help me survive in a 1 on 1 gunfight and EMP isnt 1 of those things.

when im with friends i dont have to worry about the sentry's or guardians they are easy to destroy then i get blasted nearly i say sentry back of spawn tada its down within my next trip but im complaining mostly about the wall hack it has an sentry isnt supose to fire through an building as it isnt seeking for heat like a FHJ 18 AA does.

its much like the guardian heating the entire room when it just stands there while the heat is directed in 1 direction not 360 degrees...

and i dont think an EMP grenade would help me much in rushing and trying to play the objective that alot of randoms dont do and try to go for their so precious lodestar and then fail completely with defending me while im capping the damned flag.

if you are gonna reply with how about shock charges claymores etc i have flak jacket and tactical mask so both if not all of em are down and the bouncing betty is to easy to dodge anyways just go into crough and done no biggie...

however i dont run blind eye or cold blooded much due to the issues of people actualy using those things sure cold blooded can be handy due to target finger but then again if someone uses an target finder he is likely to be ADS on 1 spot waiting for someone to pass by and his TF would go red if i pass by and he doesnt notice me himself...

and the rest wel meh i can care less.

blind eye would be handy if it would protect against sentry guns since thats litteraly the only thing that blind eye is worth for not even the hunter killer drone which often kills me and only goes after me even though no one uses blind eye... seriously i could make a montage of 20 mins just seeing me die by an hunter killer drone(kinda the predator reaction me and my friends had on MW2)

also another note on the wall hack of the sentry gun.

i dont often get killed by an sentry gun when hidden but it does hit me and nearly always some one is in the general area waiting for his sentry to do work and go after him if he escapes but then im left with like 1 bullet till death instead of having like 90% health left instead of 10-20% so an gun to gun i would lose 70% of the time unless the enemy is so utterly hopeless that he got an lucky spray on my team mates resulting in that damned sentry to begin with...

• 41. Re: the sentry gun!?
    Izjar11

DR65DR wrote:

A player who thinks something is over-powered? Wow. What are the chances?

I still say bullets are OP and should be removed with NERF like pellets that rebound when they hit the target.

Even that might be considered OP. haha

• 42. Re: the sentry gun!?

I agree completely....unfortunately, more and more people just constantly spam the emp grenade. I don't care that it knocks out my sights and radar, but destroying guardians and sentury guns in one toss is annoying. Sad part is, the people that generally spam them uncontrolably ususaly never do very good, but they just get a hard on by being annoying. I think they were put into the game so that the less skilled players could have a fighting chance by not having to come up with a real strategy to getting past guardians, sentry guns, and agr's.

• 43. Re: the sentry gun!?
    SitRepPro

Colt45Ridge wrote:

I agree completely....unfortunately, more and more people just constantly spam the emp grenade. I don't care that it knocks out my sights and radar, but destroying guardians and sentury guns in one toss is annoying. Sad part is, the people that generally spam them uncontrolably ususaly never do very good, but they just get a hard on by being annoying. I think they were put into the game so that the less skilled players could have a fighting chance by not having to come up with a real strategy to getting past guardians, sentry guns, and agr's.

Speaking of skilled players, how about owning these bad players with the VSAT, Lodestar and VTOL then?

• 44. Re: the sentry gun!?
    allyn75

FHJ 18 AA works against the sentry gun but who runs with that....

• 45. Re: the sentry gun!?
    rdnsnow

My emp will own your sentury gun. =)

• 46. Re: the sentry gun!?
    rdnsnow

Yup. Senturies and guardians need to be more like the AGR. Disable it, and then shoot it. Those 2 scorestreaks are pretty worthless to me because I know how easy they are to take out. I would much rather use a cuav than a guardian. It will get me a nice little stream of points. And lightning strike over sentury is kinda a no brainer. If they made those a little beefier then they would actually be useful at doing what they are supposed to do. Whenever I see a guardian or sentury I should be like "oh, gotta watch out for that" but instead im like "sweet, easy points ill just toss my emp". lol

• 47. Re: the sentry gun!?
    bigjon00

how about err let me think for a second ........ mabey just mabey have a class with FMJ's  on.

they are a anti scorestreak attachment. there you go mate your problem is solved .

or use a launcher i run it with nearly ever class. launcher's can lock onto any killstreak so to speak ,

i love sentry torrent i have over 900 kills with it , best flag defender ever.

• 48. Re: the sentry gun!?
    parnezzi

launchers don't kill a sentry turret in 1 or even 2 hits, they made the AA launcher really weak compared to past games

• 49. Re: the sentry gun!?
    bigjon00

the FHJ 18 kill's a sentry with to direct hits , i tred it last night but i mainl use FMJ wioth all my weapons classes so i dont nned a luancher .

•