12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 6:53 AM by jarettp RSS

Rude/Obscene  player cards

What malfunction do you have to have to want a wiener or butthole on your player card?  Are you that immature as to want to be offensive on a video game?  I have my 7 year old son watching me play and I have to try and explain why idiots want to do that .  He even thinks its immature and he's 7. Grow up a bit.  Would your mom like it if she saw it. Anyway just my thoughts. Anyone else report people when they see it?  Does Activision even do anything about it?  Well have fun gaming. Peace out.

• Re: Rude/Obscene  player cards
    Community1234

Remember when you were 12, sitting in class, and you'd draw a picture of a naked girl and pass it to your friend?  He'd giggle, draw something obscene, and pass it back?

That's what's going on here, except the kid drawing the picture can't get in trouble, because there's no teacher to take the scrap of paper out of his hands.

You need to just report for offensive emblems and move on.  From what I've seen, player emblems get banned permanently quite easily.

As for having your 7 year old son watch the game, I hope you turn the volume off.  The amount of vulgarity and crude "humor" being exchanged in this game is ridiculous.  I can't join a lobby without some guy yelling profanities at another guy, for whatever reason.

deObb

I do agree with you, but you might want to consider the fact that your 7 year old son probably shouldn't even be watching. With the ammount of profanity, violence, and gore in this game, you might want to wait a few years before letting him watch.

r8edtripx

SSGT_IYAAYAS wrote:

What malfunction do you have to have to want a wiener or butthole on your player card?  Are you that immature as to want to be offensive on a video game?  I have my 7 year old son watching me play and I have to try and explain why idiots want to do that .  He even thinks its immature and he's 7. Grow up a bit.  Would your mom like it if she saw it. Anyway just my thoughts. Anyone else report people when they see it?  Does Activision even do anything about it?  Well have fun gaming. Peace out.

The game has an "M" rating. The only thing that even means, is that parents, ie. you, have to decide whether their kid is mature enough to handle the video game.

From what you're describing, it looks like your son can handle the graphic nature of these cartoon emblems, but he's curious as to why people would even want to do that. Hey, fair question, but it doesn't seem like he's being scarred mentally. I guess that's up to you to decide.

Doesn't look like it's the case with your son, but if a parent feels a kid is going to be traumatized by a cartoon shlong with jizz flying out of it, then maybe he/she shouldn't be playing COD. I know graphic cartoon emblems isn't really the point of COD, but I think it can be used as somewhat of a litmus test to gauge whether a kid has reached a place in his/her psychological development where a game like COD will not have a negative impact on his/her life.

I know this is a "M" rated game, and I am about 4 years from being actually allowed to play, but I think the people who DO put the private parts on their playercards aren't mature enough for the game. So we do not need to see that; I dont' care if you are whether you are 7 or 27 playing that game, Its just retarded, amature, and dumb. I am thriteen years old (girl) and this is completely unacceptable how 'mature adults' are doing this!

I know this is a "M" rated game, and I am about 4 years from being actually allowed to play, but I think the people who DO put the private parts on their playercards aren't mature enough for the game. So we do not need to see that; I dont' care if you are whether you are 7 or 27 playing that game, Its just retarded, amature, and dumb. I am thriteen years old (girl) and this is completely unacceptable how 'mature adults' are doing this!

walleye14

I think its hilarious that this guy is complaining about obscene emblems when he has his frickin 7 year old watch him play.

Yunck

There is nothing wrong with letting your kid watch you play. As a parent you make that choice.

The issue is the emblems. I report them immediately and my nephew and son report them also (both are teens). They will also ask me if they should report one that seems offensive. Depending on what it is ill tell them yes or no.

To anyone who creates the offensive emblems ( you know who you are and what's offensive) its not funny. It makes you look immature and ignorant. Sure nobody knows you or will probably ever meet you but you can bet the players are saying " look at this morons emblem"

To those who laugh at them that's fine have a good laugh but don't let it go. Report them. If you aren't reporting them you are part of the problem. I'm sure you are quick to report a cheater or booster so why not report inappropriate or offensive emblems.

Dude. You have your 7 year old son watching a violent game and you're concerned about people drawing dicks? Do you let your son browse facebook with you? Hang out with you and your buddies at the bar? While I agree, the images are immature, that's between the people who make them and treyarch/activision. That MA rating goes out the window when you go online. Tell your kid to go watch blues clues next time.