17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 3:17 PM by Aces_ RSS

Buy all DLC or Season Pass?!

Momba1

First $10 isn't a concern and if the DLC expires (like a lease) with the 1-year Season Pass then my clear preference by far is to buy, BUT I have to have the Peacemaker - period!!! The current plan is to Buy all of the DLC, but if there's anything 'better' that comes with the Season Pass then that's the router I'll go. I couldn't give a rip about the Season Passes Calling Card.

So which is the better option and why??

-

On a side note I generally am not a fanboy of Zombies but that new 'Turned' looks like a lot of fun.

• Re: Buy all DLC or Season Pass?!
    Obmar

Season Pass gives you everything for 10 bucks less. I don't think it exipres.

aodm80

buy the season pass i did its great and you get nuketown zombies

Momba1

The biggest concern is the DLC expiring and if all of the DLC is yours forever with the Season Pass then sure $10 off is great.

I'm one of those that pre-ordered BO2 so as of today I have everything.

I want to know 100% (not 99.99%) that Season Pass DLC purchases do not expire! I understand that any new DLC on day 366 requires a new Season Pass.

One thing to consider. On day 366 most people will have moved to the newest COD title and BlackOps 2 will be obsolete.

Momba1

Yep that's crossed my mind as well, but AFAIK there's already more maps for BO2 in production...

If it were cut and dry frankly I wouldn't be asking this question. I wish 3arch made it all perfectly clear.

Well, I just patched so if this one fixes all the upload nonsense for me I'll be in the same boat as you are, trying to decide. From what I've read so far though season pass "seems" like the better deal. It's 10 bucks less though? Must be a catch in there somewhere.

SoG_Hanix_PC

It is yours forever. I can go play MW3 right now and still have access to all the DLC. When you get the Season Pass, you are purchasing the DLC, you own the rights to use it forever. You get it at a discount because you are committing to getting all the DLC packs ahead of time. It is a reward for paying ahead of time, just like the free upgrades to limited edition copies and the give-a-ways you get for pre-ordering a game. You're committing to purchasing to product, so they do something special for you that doesn't cost them all that much money in the long run.

Momba1

SoG_Hanix_PC wrote:

It is yours forever. I can go play MW3 right now and still have access to all the DLC. When you get the Season Pass, you are purchasing the DLC, you own the rights to use it forever.

If that's a 100% (not 99.99%) true then the Season Pass is clearly the route (from above my typo router) to go. As I mentioned it's not the $10 bucks it's the DLC potentially expiring. I have a 'thing' about Lease vs Purchase.

phxs72

Nuketown Zombies is pretty fun and it only comes with the Season Pass.  If you plan on getting the DLC regardless and you don't want to wait a few more months for the intial releases to go on sale then the Season Pass is the best option for you.

So, you still get the peacekeeper with the season pass?

Edit- You'll have to forgive me, blackops 2 is the first COd title I've ever rlly played to this extent so I'm still very much a noob when it comes to the DLC stuff.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Yes, the Peacekeeper comes with the Season Pass. It is part of the Revolution DLC Pack, which you get with the Season Pass. Season Pass gives you all future DLC. So, if they decide to toss Nuketown 2025 in there, you'll get it as well. Season Pass will get you everything you want and you'll have it for as long as you own the game and your system. Get the Season Pass if you're 100% sure you want all the DLC.

SoG_Hanix_PC

You keep the DLC. The season pass gives you access to the DLC that comes out during a content year. This is the Black Ops 2 Content Year, and in November, the next game's content year will start and you'll need to get another season pass for that game's DLC or just buy them one at a time. I 100% Guarantee that you'll get to continue playing the DLC once the Season Pass is up when the next game launches. Now, that is all there is to it. There is no need to even be worried about it. You get the season pass and the DLC is yours forever. Now, if you don't want to believe me, then don't get the Season Pass. Buy them individually, but when I am still able to play Black Ops 2 this time next year and so are you, I'll just smile because I saved ten bucks and you didn't because you wanted to troll the forums.

IMHO it's foolish to buy the season pass  (and sadly this will likely be deleted and my account banned for speaking against buying it)

While it seems like a great idea (even I was ready to hop on board at first) in reality it is not.

You are paying in advance without having ANY clue as to what you are recieving...

They can release DLC maps for a specific mode (like face-off in MW3) that you may not like, and the result is you have already bought something you don't want...  They can release ANY kind of DLC they want, they have told us NOTHING about what we are getting...

They could do an all zombies mode DLC which would screw over anyone who doesn't play zombies...

They could do an all weapon DLC that would screw over anyone who didn't like or want the weapons...

They could do an all gametype DLC that would screw over anyoen who didn't want those gametypes...

That's just 3 examples of what I could think of... they could do anything they want... they could even make one of the DLC's an extra SP mission...

If they had specified "we are releasing X number of DLC packs with X number of maps for all gametypes in each pack" then it would be different...

But the simple fact that we have no idea what we are buying makes the miniscule amount you save not worth it in the slightest bit...

It would be like going to a car lot and buying a car without ever seeing the car, knowing the make or model, knowing if it runs, etc.

Yeah but in this case potential Season Pass buyers know what they are getting up to this point which is everything included in the DLC pack. Season Pass is cheaper than just buying the DLC pack so even if you don't like the content that comes post purchase then you still aren't out anything, you've actually saved $10.00. I could see your point if you literally had no idea what you were getting but in this case, you do, at least up to this point. So if I were to just buy the DLC and 3 months down the road more maps come out that I wan't I'd have to buy them again as a seperate purchase. At least if I have the Pass, I'm covered.