18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 7:12 PM by rdvc2013 RSS

Riot Shield, Bulletproof title

slap1i

Deflect 50,000 bullets.  Seriously?  I was hoping to unlock this title at the 10,000 bullet deflection level, but there is a third tier.  I can't believe I stuck it out for 10,000 bullets, but 50K is ridiculous!  I'm a glutton for punishment, but grinding this one out is not going to happen for me.  Does anyone have this title?

• Re: Riot Shield, Bulletproof title
    Jacks_Spleen

I've only ever seen it once.  I'm currently grinding it out, at 36,000.  Understand, you cannot prestige, this challenge doesn't carry over.  I have contacted IW repeatedly over this "oversight."  You've already got 10,000, keep going, play dz, seems to help a bit, or team defender.  Good luck.

I have it,just stick it out, it will take time and you will die a lot,try domination as the matches last quite long:)

slap1i

Of all the titles, this one has me most impressed right now.  Props to you for sticking it out.  I love playing with the shield, but I try to avoid bullet deflections when I'm actually trying.  I have to go out of my way to rack up deflections, which usually results in a lot of dying.  I think I'll continue to use the shield, but I won't be actively chasing this one...

JSlayer211

My suggestions,

Never run Blind Eye

When you see Sentry Guns, Remote Sentry, Choppers, Pave Lows, etc. run out and soak it up like your are sun bathing. I have the title and it didn't take very long.

slap1i

Even if I line up the shield correction on a sentry gun, it very quickly chews through it and I die.  Same with helicopters.  It seems people have wised up to shooting through sheilds too.

JSlayer211

You must be doing it wrong then. That never happens to me on MW3. Hell I even chase cobras around the map. Make sure you are aiming the shield at the chopper and to crouch when it starts shooting at you. I have actually sat in front of a sentry gun for 2 minutes at a time before someone on my team comes and breaks it thinking they are helping me lol.

O and doorways in heavy firefight areas are your best friend. Not much room for others to shoot or manuever around you while your team mates tag em up. Being the centerpiece for most firefights, it helps to have blast shield on as well. Maintaining sight and maneuverability is vital to any riot shielder.

Good tip,i forgot to mention that one:)

trialstardragon

Bingo, the most simplest way to get it. Sentry guns, remote sentries, pavelows, attack helicopters. you may die to the enemy but while going for that challenge eh, who cares at that point.

irielegend

This title is as rare as hens teeth. I'm working on it at the moment just over 30k deflects I also decided to undertake melee proficiency title challenge which is also long finished as is speed.

Wish they'd stop putting me into similar rank lobbies lvl 80 full of snipers might help me finish it quicker. Another pointer when taking on a enemy is to never strafe always keep them on a straight line to you by moving slightly toward or away from them. If the inability to shoot you confuses them and they try and run whip out a throwing knife and bullseye em.

slap1i

3 months later and I'm at 12,000ish deflections.  It's not worth it...

indy56

I am currently working on this myself, if i still had to prestige i would not normally bother,but getting to 20th the game seems a bit stale so all thats left is the titles and challenges of weapons i would not normally bother with,its actually quite fun once you get used to the shield, i often hear the player i have just knocked down cuss, lol

irielegend

They sure do cuss us riot shielders alot bet most of them were probably snipers.

Since undertaking this challenge I've found a few ways to help speed things along. Below are 3 setups I'd recommend using depending on how you want to play the game. All setups are for dropzone and all killstreaks are set to assault with sentry gun, attack helicopter and pave low (not sure if this matters so much in dropzone but I like to think it increases my odds of these showing up in a game).

#1 : Riot shield with melee + a pistol + throwing knife + smoke grenade, sleight of hand + blast shield + steady aim (This setup allows you to gain control of the dropzone)

#2 Riot shield with melee + pistol + throwing knife + smoke grenade, scavenger + blast shield + sitrep (This setup allows you to gain control of the dropzone + detect enemy traps + If your good with knives humiliate the enemy)

#3 Riot shield with speed + a silenced pistol + throwing knife + smoke grenade, sleight of hand + assassin + steady aim (This setup allows you to concentrate on deflecting bullets from killstreaks while remaining under the radar)

P.S. 47545 bullets deflected sofar ( only took 2 months & I'll be finished in 2 days max )

thetizzleguy

got mine in a few hours in clan ops, because when our team was active we had only one shooter and the rest would have riot shields lol that way you destract the enemy players to try killing you other than the one without a RS :-D

its a good tip, get a team of 6 and try it out

Can't believe they still haven't fixed this; either tone it down to a more reasonable number (5-10k bullets), or at least make the count persist through prestige. 50k bullets is order of magnitudes greater than completing the other two shield challenges (block 50k  damage, and deflect 100 explosions). I hit 50k damage blocked while only having 1150 bullets blocked....ridiculous. Please fix it devs.

frats74

I was 10th Prestige, the highest Prestige level at the time and I had about 8,000 bullets to deflect left before earning the Title. Then Infinty Ward added five more Prestige levels and I was dumb enough to Prestige right away before considering the consequence of the Riot Shield Challenges resetting.

I really regret that.

Seriously....I'm about to hit prestige 18; there's no reason that any of these title counts can't be made to roll over when you prestige, such as the weapon kill counts do. First time I started working on some of the support titles I got a rude awakening when I prestiged with 135 recon drones called in... I figured sweet, I'll prestige and pick up the next 15 then have my title and move on to something else. But sadly, it started from 0 all over....calling in 150 recon drones isn't fun.... neither is trying to pick up 50k bullet hits on your shield when if you're lucky you might pick up 200 hits a game. Please fix this devs.