18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 11:57 AM by DARK1970 RSS

Power Ups Question

I play with some people who think that if you don't pick up a power-up a different power-up may show up to take it's place. For example, some people think that if you don't pick up carpenter or double points and a max ammo might show up later.

They also think that if you don't need a max ammo, you shouldn't pick it up and save it for later.

I think this is mostly bs and just player superstition, but does anyone know if this stuff has any truth to it? Any evidence to confirm or deny?

• Re: Power Ups Question

im ot saying its true, nor am i denyig it, but i have noticed in some games that if i left a max ammo at roud 10 when i didn need it i would notice we would have it more often in the rounds past 20. but again it may just be a coincidence ad also he fact we have more zombies in he map instead of killing them at the window.

DARK1970

when u get to a certain point u get 4 drops a round. they are what they are so pick them up or not but their not coming back as a diffferent drop

boybad

The more you pick up the less you get, the less you pick up the more they drop, it doesnt matter what you pick up. Evidence has been there sinse BO1, its based on points so if the first drop appares after 1000points and you never pick up any, it will keep on droping everytime you get 1000 points, then next on 5000 and so on, so the more you pick up the more points you need for next one to drop.

wridtrvlr

I personally don't believe any of the "don't pick it up, wait till later rounds" garbage. 

I've played so many games of Zombies, trying out MANY different methods to keep drops, get more drops, get certain drops, nothing works.  it is completely random.  If you need ammo and a max ammo drops, grab it, if it drops two in a row, blast as many zombies as you can after picking up the first one, then grab the second one before it disappears, who cares!!  More will drop eventually. 

Cheesegrater28

I agree. There seems to be connection between picking it up and not. I've played many games where that's what the other players wanted to do, so I did it, and never noticed a difference.

GulfCoastGirl

wridtrvlr wrote:

I personally don't believe any of the "don't pick it up, wait till later rounds" garbage. 

I've played so many games of Zombies, trying out MANY different methods to keep drops, get more drops, get certain drops, nothing works.  it is completely random.  If you need ammo and a max ammo drops, grab it, if it drops two in a row, blast as many zombies as you can after picking up the first one, then grab the second one before it disappears, who cares!!  More will drop eventually. 

Agree 100%!   So many people have theories about how it works or claim to "know someone" at Treyarch who told them the magical secret.  I call BS!  

You get 4 drops per round and it's completely random.

When I'm in a game and someone throws out that "don't get it now so we get more later" crap, I respond with:  "the game is offering me a present, if I don't humbly accept it now then the game will be insulted and not give me another one later on".  BAM.... pick up the power-up!

Nukes are the only ones I will intentionally miss if it's near the end of the round and we are trying to save a zombie.

phxs72

The only thing that I've heard and it's purely rumor is that there is a limit to the number of each type of drop that you can get.  Ie something like 30 max ammos, blah, blah, blah.  So if you don't need a max ammo then you should let it disappear so that it will come back in later rounds.  I can't say that I've ever run out of drops though.  So it's probably just something that someone made up that sounded legit.

boybad

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200602925

Here is a previous thread with a formula posted by matuzz this has been taken from the game files on pc.

DARK1970

4 a round but whatever. a previous post doesnt make it true. he doesnt say more than 4 a round & plenty of times ive had 2 of same drop in a round max included in deep rounds

boybad

Im not here to argue, the game uses a formula for drops, end of story.

I had a game with my friend where we didnt pick anything up untill round 30, and we got rained with drops, it was just about everytime we killed a train we had a drop and chose what we wanted and when and there was more then 4 if we didnt pick them up, think about it... if you use traps and dont get any points you will get no drops, this proves that formula is based on points.