1 2 3 4 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 7:42 AM by ukscorpz Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    SitRepPro

rankismet wrote:

BO2 has suffered for it... it's not just UAV spam... it's streak spam. All of it takes away from gunfights... and those that PTFO suffer. Even TDM players.

They could alter the scores for objective play by reducing the score for kills outside of the vicinity of an objective, whilst bumping up the score for both the kills close to objectives and planting bombs and capping flags.  Also, improve the scores for taking out high end streaks.  I think it's the same points to take out a UAV compared to a Lodestar.

• 11. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

Things I liked about CoD4 (for streaks/perks): Simple, not OP, most fun, easy to get if you play objective.

MW2: Too many too easy to get. Perks + pro perks not good (to me)

MW3: Too many. Too OP. Takes way to much away from objective. Also too many perks that do too much.

BO2: Perks a WAY better than MW3+MW2+BO1. Still not as good as CoD4. Scorestreaks: Too easy to 'farm' them. Sure you only get 25 score a kill, but with 10-20 kills on a streak that is a lot that can you get your next streak which just cycles over and over again. At least not like MW3, that was terrible.

My dream CoD10/MW4 or whatever is next: CoD4 graphical revamp+No more hackers+stats reset+a few more guns for freshness+keep camos+more camos but same things to get camos, also keep camos through prestige+permanent unlock token when prestiging+A few more maps for freshness+Keep support unlock cureent CoD4.

So basically CoD4 with new graphics and camos and more stuff when prestiging. Plus some new guns and maps

• 12. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    thebiindsniper

I agree.  I've been complaining on these forums for a long time about the flawed reward system (even in Black Ops 2), but it seems people are unwilling to accept it.  Proof can be seen here

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200580990?start=0&tstart=0

Get this--people think the Black Ops 2 reward system is perfect because THEY earn THEIR rewards.  What about everyone else?  Does it help the people who PTFO?  Does it encourage players to play the objective more often?  theoretically yes, but in reality it doesn't.

I also find it ironic.  Despite what people complain about in regards to Call of Duty being the same game every year, a lot of people want the reward system to return to the COD4 3-5-7 system.  Hypocrites I tell ya.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 13. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

Plus they should make the maps bigger. Makes you feel like a hamster running in circles in a 10 gallon tank. & 1 more thing.... "Why the heck are the snipers so much faster on the aim/draw against all the other weapons when going head-up? Fricken get real people. That really chaps my hide!!!" Keep the game challenging, but keep it real.

• 14. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

that and Stats...take stats out the game and you might just get folk's play objectives and not cheat so much?

• 15. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

LordPookums wrote:

Yet killstreak emphasis has been removed. Blops 2 has the hardest to get and most limited in the recent years.

You honestly think it's hard to get streaks in BO2? Come on.

• 16. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

bkblazer wrote:

Can't agree more. MW2 introduced such a broad range of killstreaks and of corse the nuke which for me was the downfall. Only 1 helicopter in CoD4 and 1 set of Dogs in WaW. I'll never forget in WaW SnD, the teams were uneven 7 vs 5. A guy on my team earned dogs in 1 round. Called them in the next, which earned dogs again. That was amazing.

I had a couple of unbalanced games where I got dogs as well in HC SnD. I thought WAW had the best balance for SnD of any COD. I loved playing that.

• 17. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    rankismet

SitRepPro wrote:

rankismet wrote:

BO2 has suffered for it... it's not just UAV spam... it's streak spam. All of it takes away from gunfights... and those that PTFO suffer. Even TDM players.

They could alter the scores for objective play by reducing the score for kills outside of the vicinity of an objective, whilst bumping up the score for both the kills close to objectives and planting bombs and capping flags.  Also, improve the scores for taking out high end streaks.  I think it's the same points to take out a UAV compared to a Lodestar.

Totally agree with tailoring streaks to a playlist.

• 18. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    SitRepPro

rankismet wrote:

SitRepPro wrote:

rankismet wrote:

Totally agree with tailoring streaks to a playlist.

I thought of that during MW3 because I loved the way some people boasted how many MOABs they got and they were mainly from Domination or Demolition where it's easy to camp expecting rushers who are playing the objective so they're free kills.  If I was a developer at IW I'd have made the MOAB title just for TDM.  Could have been a good way to troll players who don't PTFO.  I suppose the closest thing away from streak spam would be to play TDM but I guess it depends on how many streaks you consider as spam.

• 19. Re: COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.
    SitRepPro

I think some of is to do with map design and if we had specific maps for grouped game types perhaps it would be better.  For example, how many Demolition matches on Nuketown go into overtime?  99.99%?

1 2 3 4 Previous Next