1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 94 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 7:47 AM by blade3370 Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    TRU11

to be fair in this COD its damm hard to know the reason why people quit lol.

i experienced alot of BS and only when it gets really to crazy i back out.

i remember joining a game 3 friends of mine where in and i joined the opposing team.

i did manage to kill them but most of the time i was getting raped by the lagg.

now they could i have said i was talking BS but the final kill cam showed 1 of my friends landing 1 bullet in my chest and about 5 bullets against the wall and he was rewarded a head shot.
    what was even more disturbing was that on this kill cam it showed me firing where he was standing a second earlier.

now this was not that big of a deal because the game was already in progress when i joined but to be honest you cant expect me to go through a full game dealing with this lol.

i mean i could be nobel by staying but really other then getting frustrated , i gain nothing at all.

• 71. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    Izjar11

COD

This question is for all:

Has the statistics in this game ruined our mentality on what's right and wrong? Is a lose that bad, that you need to quit a game?

Note: If you respond to this question please add the question through a quotation so we know your responding.

• 72. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    gambit1969

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Has the statistics in this game ruined our mentality on what's right and wrong? Is a lose that bad, that you need to quit a game?

Note: If you respond to this question please add the question through a quotation so we know your responding.

Yes it has, it has also contributed in my opinion to a lot of the cheating that is going on..

• 73. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    Out

good going on staying in the Match.....i dont let stats rule my gameplay .....ii ahve had a game or two when playing solo my teammates either leave as the game starts or the server boots them out......so i figure even tho i am out gunned i still have 6 times the chance of killing them LOL.........i did have the rare occassion a week or so ago while playing HC/KC on AfterMath .my teammates either left or were kicked early in the game the score was aound 15-17 or close to that my team was winning when the mass exodus occured, oddly enough i never got any back up no one even came in and dashboarded......but i was able to finish the game and get a win ....the other team started running like crazy to find me...so i just moved slowly until i got a kill grabbed the tags and moved quickly to get out of that area......i did pass up several chances to  get multi kills, becace i knew if i started dying  i would start getting spawn killed......the game was a low score game it ended with a score of  31- 45 ...... i only wish my scoresteaks had been set higher LOL

After the game was over and we returned to the pregame lobby.....i was called a cheater, hacker, ******* and other names .....I just replied with "thank you for letting me win" .........then they left

• 74. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    rlbl

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Personal Opinion (not to be considered thruth):

I have always claimed (since BO1) that the inclusion of "Stats made easily visible for all to see"  was the absolute WORST idea the devs have ever done.  THen ELITE just added dung onto a pile of crap.

Back in the day, nobody cared (well most didn't)... Now I cannot walk into a lobby where someone is not checking out my stats.

I have never claimed to be a good player, I am average at best.  The minute I hit PM (8 days a couple of hours with a SPM just under 300 - which is not terrible) someone on the enemy team said:

"Look a Legit PM, good... oh wait he has no Ruthless (tor whatever the 30kill no death one is) and he has never gotten a swarm... he is garbage" - too funny*

* As we all know, I play HC KC and rush so it is near impossible to get that accolade, and I have never even equipped the swarm kill streak up to that point because I cycle the low ones for easy points to level... I equipped the swarm and I got killed a couple away from it!!! BAH!! I did get a warship though... NT2025 over the weekend

• 75. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    TRU11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

stats have been in COD since i started playing MW.

its when they where made public to everyone outside of friends its when they became prelevant.

i will admid that when i started i was all about stats aswell but i then matured and well since BO1 i became a primarly objective player.

• 76. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Personal Opinion (not to be considered thruth):

I have always claimed (since BO1) that the inclusion of "Stats made easily visible for all to see"  was the absolute WORST idea the devs have ever done.  THen ELITE just added dung onto a pile of crap.

Back in the day, nobody cared (well most didn't)... Now I cannot walk into a lobby where someone is not checking out my stats.

I have never claimed to be a good player, I am average at best.  The minute I hit PM (8 days a couple of hours with a SPM just under 300 - which is not terrible) someone on the enemy team said:

"Look a Legit PM, good... oh wait he has no Ruthless (tor whatever the 30kill no death one is) and he has never gotten a swarm... he is garbage" - too funny*

* As we all know, I play HC KC and rush so it is near impossible to get that accolade, and I have never even equipped the swarm kill streak up to that point because I cycle the low ones for easy points to level... I equipped the swarm and I got killed a couple away from it!!! BAH!! I did get a warship though... NT2025 over the weekend

Congrats on the reaching PM sir RLBL.

That comment that someone made on you no having a Ruthless, is a primer example of what this game should not emphasize on, statistics.

• 77. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    phxs72

I'm somewhat mixed about stats.  On the one hand, I do think that the game would be better without them but I do like completing challenges and getting titles, etc. for it.  They could throw out the public viewing portion and I wouldn't mind at all.

RLBL,

I was "garbage" right with you.  I never bothered to equip the Swarm as I was leveling up because I cared less about my epeen size and more about gaining xp more rapidly with smaller and often more effective killstreaks.  However, I finally did decide to go for it and got one while playing the objective but I had to be a lot more sneaky than I normally play.  It was fun to call it in just because I just like achieving the top killstreak in the game but I wouldn't want to play that way all the time.  It would get stale.  I'm sure in the eyes of the stat whores, I'm still "garbage" and I could care less.  If you do decide to go for the Swarm again, I got mine running VSAT and EMP and hardline on DOM.  Once you get both the VSAT and EMP in the air at the same time, if your team is active you won't need more than a two or three kills yourself to lock it up.

• 78. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    ladylucina

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

In my honest opinion yes, stats being public has ruined the game.

But what gets me is this, why do people find it so important to be able to show a stranger their stats?

I mean who really does care? If my K/D was .10 and my SPM was 50 and my W/L was .10 I wouldn't care less lol. Them stats would show, yes, I was a bad player. But I wouldn't lose sleep over it and it wouldn't ruin my real life outside video gaming lol. The stats becoming public to everyone has made all these people want to have the best stats. That is why there is so much cheating going on. I mean there was always cheating but now people want these great stats. For me personally, it is mostly kids to. Not all but mostly kids do the cheating etc

• 79. Re: I was asked: Why didn't you leave?
    rlbl

hmm... I was running VSAT, VTOL and Swarm...

I really like that scary sound the vtol makes.

However on Elite it does not show I achieved the 1st two... damn 2XP weekends screw everything up!

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next