5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 5:28 AM by maccabi RSS

Theater Mode & Traffic Pattern information

In case some people may wonder how the Theater Mode in Black Ops 2 works, here is some infomation.

 

Host doesn't record the Theater Mode, its the players with the highest bandwidth in the lobby and it is streaming to the following servers (see list below) while you play the game, it doesn't upload the Theater recording after the match is over, it happens in real time time while you play. Its like you Stream the game directly to the servers.

 

Demonware

Choopa

Clanservers

and some more

 

I could post the IP list but thats against the rules here in the forums.

 

When you block the ip ranges from those servers the game will instantly connecting you to the next server. Using a bandwidth limiter will not protect you from being the Theater Mode uploader.

 

Another information some people may be interested in how the traffic pattern works. in a 6v6 match, the priority is set to the enemies team only, your team still gets all the information where you are and what you do but not as frequently as the enemies team. Ever wonder why your team mates kinda skip around for a second when you respawn near them? its because you receive the data of their current location etc. at this moment

 

Another thing is, this game is using client side hit detection, when you shoot someone then you send the data directly to the other client and not the Host himself, this give players with higher ping a little advantage because you see them later on your screen.

 

And if someone thinks that buffer bloat is a problem in Call of Duty then he is wrong unless he plays on dialup connection, the ingame traffic is so low you won't believe it.

 

I could make a detailed video about it and share more infomation on how to defeat the lag compensation, yes beating lag compensation is possible but i won't share this information because then everyone will doing it, which is contra productive and could destroy the whole game. Beating lag compensation won't make you god either in case you wonder. I wrote a little script which can beat the network balance but the oldschool internet lag will still exist.

 

And on a side note, don't believe what some of the wannabe insiders here in the forums say, they lie at you on purpose and i can proof it. You know who you are.

 

This gentleman was right.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200549912

 

In the end, its just a game.

  • Re: Theater Mode & Traffic Pattern information

    Awesome information. Now I know why my friends fiber optic line never gets host. Also answers many other questions. Thanks.

    • Re: Theater Mode & Traffic Pattern information

      Thanks bro.

       

      I forgot to mention the differences between playing Solo and in a Party. Playing Solo remains the same, everyone is his own client. In a party however the traffic pattern is different, the whole party is merged (or emulated) as one client basically.

       

      Lets say you play with a friend and he is shooting at someone, he sends the data to the other client which is normal, the guy who is getting shoot is receiving the exact same 1:1 data from both of the party members at the same time, the game treats a party as one client.

       

      Playing in a party and one of your friends is getting host can give you as a party member a advantage or a disadvantage depending on your friends connection. Solo and Party is not the same.

  • Re: Theater Mode & Traffic Pattern information
    maccabi

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    In case some people may wonder how the Theater Mode in Black Ops 2 works, here is some infomation.

     

    Host doesn't record the Theater Mode, its the players with the highest bandwidth in the lobby and it is streaming to the following servers (see list below) while you play the game, it doesn't upload the Theater recording after the match is over, it happens in real time time while you play. Its like you Stream the game directly to the servers.

     

    Demonware

    Choopa

    Clanservers

    and some more

     

    I could post the IP list but thats against the rules here in the forums.

     

    When you block the ip ranges from those servers the game will instantly connecting you to the next server. Using a bandwidth limiter will not protect you from being the Theater Mode uploader.

     

    Another information some people may be interested in how the traffic pattern works. in a 6v6 match, the priority is set to the enemies team only, your team still gets all the information where you are and what you do but not as frequently as the enemies team. Ever wonder why your team mates kinda skip around for a second when you respawn near them? its because you receive the data of their current location etc. at this moment

     

    Another thing is, this game is using client side hit detection, when you shoot someone then you send the data directly to the other client and not the Host himself, this give players with higher ping a little advantage because you see them later on your screen.

     

    And if someone thinks that buffer bloat is a problem in Call of Duty then he is wrong unless he plays on dialup connection, the ingame traffic is so low you won't believe it.

     

    I could make a detailed video about it and share more infomation on how to defeat the lag compensation, yes beating lag compensation is possible but i won't share this information because then everyone will doing it, which is contra productive and could destroy the whole game. Beating lag compensation won't make you god either in case you wonder. I wrote a little script which can beat the network balance but the oldschool internet lag will still exist.

     

    And on a side note, don't believe what some of the wannabe insiders here in the forums say, they lie at you on purpose and i can proof it. You know who you are.

     

    This gentleman was right.

    http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200549912

     

    In the end, its just a game.

    apart from your comment about the game uses hardly any bandwidth everything else you wrote esp the theatre stuff is totally and utterly wrong. No idea where you're getting your info from as its ridicluous assuming you just made it up right?

     

    Actually expected better of you than this guess i was wrong.

  • Re: Theater Mode & Traffic Pattern information
    maccabi

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    In case some people may wonder how the Theater Mode in Black Ops 2 works, here is some infomation.

     

    Host doesn't record the Theater Mode, its the players with the highest bandwidth in the lobby and it is streaming to the following servers (see list below) while you play the game, it doesn't upload the Theater recording after the match is over, it happens in real time time while you play. Its like you Stream the game directly to the servers.

     

    Nope totally wrong.

    Theatre is a text file saved by the HOST, it is NOT streamed to any servers.

    Easy enough to prove you're wrong. Apart from the obvious point that the devs of both blops and mw have explained how theatre works before (as i had on both games before the devs did when explaining why certian things were happening)

     

    to everyone else..

    seen a game where theres been a host migration? the game is split into seperate files because the host is saving the text file.New host = new theatre file.. Been in a game where the host actually dashboards and theres no theatre file for that game same thing

     

    Yes you can stream the game using the livestream feature but as anyone who uses that system knows you need a decent amount of upload bandwidth to do so.

     

    op's "theory" busted.

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

    it happens in real time time while you play. Its like you Stream the game directly to the servers.

     

    Demonware

    Choopa

    Clanservers

    and some more

     

    I could post the IP list but thats against the rules here in the forums.

     

    When you block the ip ranges from those servers the game will instantly connecting you to the next server. Using a bandwidth limiter will not protect you from being the Theater Mode uploader.

     

    Not sure where you got half your list from but anyways, I wouldnt advise anyone to block communication to certain services, as bad things will happen.  But the he's right using a bandwidth limiter wont protect you from being a theatre mode uploader as you arent one in the first place.

    You might as well stick a grapefruit on your forehead to protect you from dinosaurs both will have the same real  affect.

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    Another information some people may be interested in how the traffic pattern works. in a 6v6 match, the priority is set to the enemies team only, your team still gets all the information where you are and what you do but not as frequently as the enemies team. Ever wonder why your team mates kinda skip around for a second when you respawn near them? its because you receive the data of their current location etc. at this moment

     

    Do you actually read back what you write and check it for common sense before posting?

     

    seriously the enemy team has priority facepalm of epic proportions., Just out of interest what determines whose the enemy team? lets say for example the two teams in a 6v6 match are reading this.. each team using you're astoundingly flawed theory would assume the other team has priority doh. The reason some people may expwerewince a skipping of players when they spawn is simply because they are want of a better explaniation resyncing actual player positions . Nothing magical

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    Another thing is, this game is using client side hit detection, when you shoot someone then you send the data directly to the other client and not the Host himself, this give players with higher ping a little advantage because you see them later on your screen.

     

    Erm no it doesn't use client side, nor do you send data to other clients , you actually couldn't be more wrong on this point if you tried. Do you have any idea how screwed this game would be if we hd client side detection the game would be awash with exploits and hacks

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    And if someone thinks that buffer bloat is a problem in Call of Duty then he is wrong unless he plays on dialup connection, the ingame traffic is so low you won't believe it.

     

    Well congrats you finally posted something correct , yes the game uses a tiny amount of bandwidth to play (approx 0.04mbs down/up) 

    Buffer bloat is a problem and a real issue for some players, its easy enough to expereince it in game, or to replicate it in a private match (anyone who remembers when we back in blops1 days "broke canadas internet" would know how to demonstrate it."

     

    Bloat is seperate to bandwidth (i wouldnt expect you to understand this op as you havent really grasped simple concepts) Bloat occurs when there are more packets being sent than usual , some routers/modems can't handle this spike in packets and this is what causes bloat, when theres loads of killstreaks up for example  and you expereince wierd sluggish lag for example.

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    This gentleman was right.

    http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200549912

     

     

     

    erm no he wasnt see previous comments.

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    And on a side note, don't believe what some of the wannabe insiders here in the forums say, they lie at you on purpose and i can proof it. You know who you are.

     

    What you actually mean was someone will come along and prove me totally wrong, don't believe them as i'll look like i dont know what im talking about.,

     

    clever idea..shame it backfired.

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    Thanks bro.

     

    I forgot to mention the differences between playing Solo and in a Party. Playing Solo remains the same, everyone is his own client. In a party however the traffic pattern is different, the whole party is merged (or emulated) as one client basically.

     

     

    hogwash. Easy to prove what you just said is a pile as people can just press to see the score and see people in their own party have different bars/pings. Think you're lack of understanding how the game works as gotten you confused when for matchmaking the party leader is the ONLY playr whose information is used to match make, once the game starts every player is on their own and are not merged as you wrongly claimed.

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

    Lets say you play with a friend and he is shooting at someone, he sends the data to the other client which is normal, the guy who is getting shoot is receiving the exact same 1:1 data from both of the party members at the same time, the game treats a party as one client.

     

     

    wrong: see previous point

     

     

    FixBlops2 wrote:

     

     

    Playing in a party and one of your friends is getting host can give you as a party member a advantage or a disadvantage depending on your friends connection. Solo and Party is not the same.

    Wrong: you will have no advantage or disadvantage at all if someone in your party is host, the only thing that would affect your game expereince is how well or how bad you ping to that host, doesnt matter if you are in the party or not.

     

     

    Fixblops I really dont understand why you posted all this stuff, again really thought better of you , i mean its not like half the stuff you posted was stuff the devs and myself have explained numerous times over the years, anyone with an ounce of common sense or ability to search the forums could see its wrong

     

     

    /.thread