1 2 3 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 3:10 PM by SharpShooter111 RSS

Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?

SharpShooter111

this is not your typical camping. this is respawn move 2cm camp where the only zone you're watching makes up 5% of the map. The funny part is i usually get more kills than my entire team combined plus less deaths than each of the players on my team. it's ridiculous and makes for a slow paced game. Sure camping is a game strategy, i just dont understand why you would play a more challenging game mode if you need to resort to this method

• 1. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    semperfi550

Heres why people camp so hard in HCTDM. It's simple really.. lag+30% health = camp

• 2. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?

SharpShooter111 wrote:

Sure camping is a game strategy, i guess dont understand why you would play a more challenging game mode

Because easier game means easier epeen inflation.

• 3. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    SharpShooter111

the 30% health shouldnt matter. it effects everyone. Anyone who chooses hardcore mode knows what they are getting into, if they feel its going to handicap them then they should stick to core.

i can see how lag can be a problem, but if people are going to resort to avoiding combat by sticking to the back edges of the map don't you think its better to put down the controller and call it a day?

• 4. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    Thembones

Well have fun playing in League play TDM. My friend is in the Plantnium and he says most of the teams just use lmgs/target finder trophy systems Assult Shields.

• 5. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?

Oh you didn't believe the ******* who play HC when they said it was harder did you?!

I've made a few threads about this but they always disappear without comment. I always thought the pro players were in HC as well and thought I'd have a go to see how hard it is. Lol, piece of p*ss.

HC is for old people who for some reason think they'll lose against someone younger because of their reactions and players who aren't good enough to play core difficulty and hold their aim in place or track a target for a few extra bullet hits. If you wanna play HC go for it, just don't make out that it is hardcore to do so.

They don't play because it is harder, they play because it is easier.

I mean, why would the standard advice on ranking up hard-to-rank-up guns be to 'play HC mode with it' if it was a harder game?!

• 6. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    semperfi550

I would love to avoid this horrible game mode as much as possible. However 3ARC f**ked up and made it so weapons like the SVU AS, S12 and M1216 require one shot kills rather than just kills for camos. So you go into a game mode with a bad weapon, are a second behind and on top of it all you only have 30% health :/ It has over the top frustration writen all over it.

• 7. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    TRU11

its because on hardcore bullets actually do damage lol.

i mean you know when a bullets hits someone he might actually die.

and its goes both ways because you can kill easier but you can also die easier as well.

there is also no healtregeneration and there isent a mini map telling you where your team is and where the enemy is firing an unsilenced weapon.

there is also no killcam so those who dont pay good enough attention will never knew from where they got killed.

it requires a lil bit more of thinking playing hardcore then it does core.

• 8. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    phxs72

I'm a Core player but I actually prefer HC TDM to Core TDM mostly because HC doesn't suffer as badly from the effects of lag.  It's still there but because you only have to land 2 bullets to get a kill, it does effect the gameplay as much.  I haven't played HC TDM more than a few hours with this title as I prefer objective gamemodes but when I did play it I found it to be comparable to Core TDM as far as camping goes.

• 9. Re: Why do people camp so hard in HC TDM?
    Highwayman0226

If it was easier, we'd see a majority of YouTubers posting thier 78-3 games in Hardcore matches, but we don't, because people don't go 78-3 in Hardcore.

1 2 3 Previous Next