9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 3:59 PM by goatforcce RSS

Advice for the Most Efficient Use of Double XP Time

brewcastleunited

I have simple advice for anyone looking to get the most out of the Double XP time this weekend. As much as it pains me to say it, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME PLAYING TEAM DEATHMATCH! It just doesn't give you nearly enough XP. Instead try playing Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint or whatever objective game mode you're most comfortable with. I hate this because I've found TDM to be the most honest and fulfilling game mode - but it just doesn't pay out the XP the way the objective modes do. Once double xp ends I'm going straight back to TDM to avoid the usual BS found in objective modes (players not playing objectives, massive over deployment of scorestreaks etc. etc.). Good hunting to all this weekend!

• Re: Advice for the Most Efficient Use of Double XP Time
    Jaliy

play gun game

u get a win for being in top 3

Sora_v21

Get 2 other friends and play multi team hardpoint, capture the hardpoint then leave it let one of the other teams get in kill them recapture. I've done this a couple times and always ended the game with around 20 caps  (200pts ea) and 9k plus score!

or play nuketown moshpit but I'm guessing there are alot of partys in that playlist atm.

Ungrateful_Dead

This.  Multi-Team is a mosh pit of Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed and TDM.  HP and KC are both XP machines and you can always vote against the TDM if XP is your goal.  If I was after XP, I would just leave the lobby and find another one when TDM was chosen.

With double xp on Multi-Team most average/decent players can pull down quite a few 20,000 plus XP games and the potential is there to double that when bonuses kick in, so check what challenges you may be close to.  Rarely did I see a match drop below 10,000 XP in Multi-Point while double XP was on (barring any TDM that I may have got trapped into).

Unfortunately, more and more good pairs and threesomes have found out how good MT is and it has gotten tough for random solo players to do well (which is what I usually do).  I have a couple of recorded matches where different sets of split-screen teammates got zero kills between them for whole games.  Naturally you ended up hiding from Swarms, Warthogs and shooting dogs for the rest of those games.

SAINTMA2

Find challenges that you're close to completing and finish them, you can usually get 10,000 or at least 5,000 xp from getting them

goatforcce

TDM is the worst and most UNFULFILLING game mode ever! What is good about having absolutely no objective to the game apart from killing? All you get is nooby kids sat in corners with sniper rifles or target finders picking off people when they see them.

Literally one of the most ridiculous statements about COD I have ever read

brewcastleunited

I've actually spent about 85% of my playing time in Domination on Black Ops 2 - but I recently switched to TDM since I'm completely burned out of the ridiculous amount of scorestreaks I've seen coupled with players doing the "bad" things you've said instead of playing the objectives. In TDM everyone plays the objective which is to go for kills however they can. Most killing is done by the gun as opposed to by the scorestreak which is fine with me. I will admit the objective games have a faster pace with more action - but sometimes that gets a little out of control with the small maps so I've come to the conclusion the more relaxed pace of TDM suits me best.

Thembones

There nothing wrong wiht playing TDM. IF people want to spend 2xp on TDM then let them be, it be good because all the other modes will have partys playing. So that means that laid back players will be playing TDM so im good.

InstantOG

Nuketown 2025. End of story. If I wasn't PM I would have been prestiged today in just 4 hours.