28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 10:45 AM by Clint_for_hire RSS

Patch 1.07

AlmondTheGreat
So whens this patch scheduled for release, and whats it going to improve or dis improve? Any one know anything as i can't find any info from googling the subject.???
  • Re: Patch 1.07
    There won't be any more patches til the map pack is released March 3rd.
    JTF2_EH

mjjackson84 wrote:

Word on the street is that the patch will only add the new play lists.   A little birdy told me that they've accepted the state of this game and have moved onto development of their next title.    Such a shame.
    Z-Blaze-
    yup which is stupid its ok this is a secret ik of lol as all of u know Microsoft owns CoD name thts why they get MapPacks b4 us well from a certain thing i recieved CoD wont possibly be made on 360s nymore bc sony is most likely going to buy the CoD name and make it that way sence Microsoft was being greedy and always got everything first now Sony is going to buy the name at the end of this year so get ready for it people.
    wildlife_hunter
    I can't say as I believe that Sony is buying the COD name/franchise, BUT if they do, I hope they put a different studio in charge of development.
    T-Wizzle09

Z-Blaze- wrote:

yup which is stupid its ok this is a secret ik of lol as all of u know Microsoft owns CoD name thts why they get MapPacks b4 us well from a certain thing i recieved CoD wont possibly be made on 360s nymore bc sony is most likely going to buy the CoD name and make it that way sence Microsoft was being greedy and always got everything first now Sony is going to buy the name at the end of this year so get ready for it people.

If that was true.. I would love Sony forever...
    Senorsteamer

Z-Blaze- wrote:

Uhhh Microsoft doesnt own the rights to COD, they just paid Activision for exclusive rights to the DLC a month earlier...
    kooga_21
    from what i understand all microsoft done is pay to have exclusive rights to the new map packs first  till 2012
    SHANE523

Z-Blaze- wrote:

uhhhmmmmm........hmmmm...... how can you respond to this?

Activision owns the COD name. There is NO WAY they are going to sell the title to someone with the profit margins they are getting from the title!

The 2 that are starting Respawn (Former heads of IW) own the Modern Warfare name and are no longer associated with Activision. They are starting up a new company and they are going to need to make as much money off their new title so they are not going to go with an exclusive any time soon.

Please, for the love of God, go back to school!
    You know what they should do, is with the PS3 map pack finally coming out they should patch the framerate with it, so you have to buy the maps, but with it you get the greatest update! That would be smart on their part.
    Rumbletussin

Evilpoptart6 wrote:

You know what they should do, is with the PS3 map pack finally coming out they should patch the framerate with it, so you have to buy the maps, but with it you get the greatest update! That would be smart on their part.

So basically you are saying, they should attach the patch to fix the lag issues to the map pack. Effectively stating that the game is not working as originally advertised without applying this patch. Force people to pay for the patch in order to have a working version of the game and after all of this not expect to have 928347293875 lawsuits pop up?

Hmmm.... probably not.
    Engelbert247
    JD_2020 said on twitter today in response to a question someone asked that there will be a new patch out soon. He didnt say much else but he did say that the zombie leaderboards will be fixed in this so hopefully that means they'll be doing some other bits too. Fingers crossed
    deadman1984
    im not getten my hopes up for this patch if they choose to egnore the problems im gonna stick this god damn game in the shreader where it belongs

Z-Blaze- wrote:

And where did you get this information?  Did your English teacher tell you.....  Wait.  Clearly your English teacher didn't tell you anything that you remember.

This is obviously not true and it emphasizes the fact that claims like this are useless without a source.
    Ec]-[oMaN

wildlife_hunter wrote:

I can't say as I believe that Sony is buying the COD name/franchise, BUT if they do, I hope they put a different studio in charge of development.

Dear God no. What Sony Studio in the last three years has made a good FPS game? That's right, there isn't one.
    Rumbletussin
    I have no doubt that in the upcoming patch they will have several things in there that "attempt" to solve the lag issues.

However, being a realist, I do not actually expect any of them to work because they do not even know what the cause of the issue is otherwise they would be flooding our eyes and ears with some sort of affirmation stating that the lag will be fixed.

Think of these patches as bringing your car to some second rate auto repair shop. They will continue to swap parts and make minor changes until the problem is actually fixed instead of attacking the root cause simply because they lack the knowledge to actually locate said cause.
    RedNoseRizzo

JTF2_EH wrote:

mjjackson84 wrote:

Word on the street is that the patch will only add the new play lists.   A little birdy told me that they've accepted the state of this game and have moved onto development of their next title.    Such a shame.

Are you effing kidding me? I hope you are joking, because that would absolutely destroy what little reputation Treyarch has left.
    Beastly CJ
    Patch 1.07 will definatly be out before patch 1.08
    Carleton67

Z-Blaze- wrote:

I've seen some pretty bad posts on the forums. But this wins hands down. It's totally unreadable!
    Recon326

Evilpoptart6 wrote:

Dont give them any ideas
    Z-Blaze-
    HAHAHAHAH thats funny bc my brother works for sony and yess mircosoft does own the COD name so they get everything first the game came out on 360 1 week before ps3 so all you people calling me liers for something you have no clue about go blow your selfs bc honestly i get my own msgs when everything comes out for every game haha must be funny so go **** off quit talkin **** or just leave the post alone u ass holes
    PugNasty2010

Z-Blaze- wrote:

HAHAHAHAH thats funny bc my brother works for sony and yess mircosoft does own the COD name so they get everything first the game came out on 360 1 week before ps3 so all you people calling me liers for something you have no clue about go blow your selfs bc honestly i get my own msgs when everything comes out for every game haha must be funny so go **** off quit talkin **** or just leave the post alone u ass holes

a day late and a dollar short,   let the thread die  6days old
    RavDiamant

Evilpoptart6 wrote:

Some would call it greedy.
    Z-Blaze-
    well sorry  i had to go to f*uckin work all weekend maybe you should try it sometime.
    moudoka

Z-Blaze- wrote:

Microsoft does not own the CoD franchise.  The rights are owned by Activision, the child company of Vivendi, in France.  They deal with Microsoft in the same way they deal with Sony.  To include their titles on the respective systems.  There is an exclusive agreement in place between Acitivision/Vivendi and Microsoft, but saying that Microsoft owns CoD, you are just mistaken.
    PugNasty2010

Z-Blaze- wrote:

well sorry  i had to go to f*uckin work all weekend maybe you should try it sometime.

a weekend consists of 2 days not 6
    Z-Blaze-

PugNasty2010 wrote:

Z-Blaze- wrote:

a weekend consists of 2 days not 6

well i was working from wednesday to monday so sorry i didnt have time to sit on here and chat i got a life.
    hellspaladin

SHANE523 wrote:

Z-Blaze- wrote:

uhhhmmmmm........hmmmm...... how can you respond to this?

Activision owns the COD name. There is NO WAY they are going to sell the title to someone with the profit margins they are getting from the title!

The 2 that are starting Respawn (Former heads of IW) own the Modern Warfare name and are no longer associated with Activision. They are starting up a new company and they are going to need to make as much money off their new title so they are not going to go with an exclusive any time soon.

Please, for the love of God, go back to school!

Umm don't respond since this person has a 4 year olds vocabulary and the intellect of a 6 year old, so this really wasn't worth our time.