42 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 3:43 AM by KingKillerKvothe RSS

Hardscoping?

Lord save me... Should I hardscope in a match. I don't see why people get so upset about it. I mean, sure, quickscoping is cool for some people; and I support their reaction time and coordination....

But REALLY? If i hold down the scope and Click LS to hold my breath, I "suck at the game?"

If any of you guys here know anyone in their nations marines, army, etc. that is an avid quickscoper, please have them contact me.

• Re: Hardscoping?
    parnezzi

i would also love to see a QS irl because i wanna laugh at the guy being smacked in the eye by the scope and getting most likely knocked on his ass

nicedrewishfela

Its a silly argument. Use the Sniper in whatever way works for you.

Agreed, though I just don't see why everyone gets so upset about it. Though I typically play Hardcore so there's no way of telling; The times I do play Core are cluttered with ridicule... Everyone has their own playing style, and I don't see why people can't grasp that.

nicedrewishfela

People get upset about everything.

One guy raged when a guy on my team killed him in the Final Killcam with a Target Finder.

A guy on my team got in a verbal altercation because someone on the other team was tubing.

I have been working on pistols and someone called me a P****y for using it. For using a single shot pistol and dominating them. Imagine that!

People hate being killed. They hate that someone beat them. So they cry about it rather than adapting their game to beat you. Don't let it get to you. Its just a frustration reaction. I am guilty of it as well, we all know how hard it is when you are trying your best and dying repeatedly. It can get frustrating, and they are just taking it out on you. Play how you want to play, within the spirit of the game and within the rules, and don't worry about what others think. It is your game, play it how you want.

RallyOrDie

I use the sniper how I want to.  If you don't like the way I use it then too bad.

r8edtripx

A_Cornered_Cat wrote:

If any of you guys here know anyone in their nations marines, army, etc. that is an avid quickscoper, please have them contact me.

I don't want COD to be like real life. I would camp my a55 off in real life, since you don't get to respawn. In real life, I would want my exchanges with the enemy to be as BORING as possible.

Snipers in real life are to be respected, because they need to account for so many things when taking a shot and they need to brave the elements, many times behind enemy lines. Hardscopers in a video game deserve zero respect. It is MUCH harder to be a good quickscoper (emphasis on "good") than it is to be a good hardscoper.

parnezzi

lolwut? have you actually tried aiming while looking down the scope and using the gun like it was meant?

I respect all armed forces for their devotion; though I consider FPS games to be based off of a structure trying to imitate a closer to real life scenario.

Thank you for the structured counterargument though, and I do see your point with the respawns and such.

Lol.  I got harassed by some guy because i use the five seven and shoot it like it's an automatic.  He reported me.  Don't worry about what people say or do.  More than less they have a problem with the way you play the game.  Haters gonna hate.

nflfenatic

In real life you wouldn't last long then. Obviously you have no clue about real combat so its best to give your opinions about the game.

Quick scoping is not skill, its 30% luck and 70% whoever has the better internet connection....simple as that. Dedicated servers would greatly change the way this game was played. If anything, it should be impossible to "quickscope", it's not even feasible. Also, a word to treyarch, I've used a .338 lapua and they have a substantial amount of recoil (meaning the spamming of the SVU is also ridiculous), its not like you are firing a .308 winchester.

ColAT3rAlx

Well basically their shouldn't be a word such as "Hardscoping". And i personlly hate quickscopers the most because they basically think you have skill scoping so quick, wow so amazing. It doesn't matter if you hardscope, it's basically aiming down your sights on a weapon that was suppose to be use for. Not some bull that 12 years old made up 

I strongly dislike them aswell.  It's really annoying to find them in just about every playlist now.  Stuff like that makes me miss MW1.  Lol.

RallyOrDie

People have been quickscoping since atleast COD3, that I know of.  Just no one really care how people used weapons back then.  Now there are so many rules on how to use something everyone complains if you are not using a weapon on how it was "intended."

I started playing Cod when MW1/Cod4 came out and for as long as that was out it was all hardscopers for me at least until the later days more towards MW2.  I didn't at all mind hardscopers because I learned routes to take and sniper alleys and after i killed them they learned.  It was more fun that way imo.

RallyOrDie

I had friends that were really good at the game.  They would snipe with the M40A3 or whatever and tear up lobbies, just running around with it.  I wasn't that good at COD back then, but all I did was hardscope, lol.  I thought it was just amazing how accurate they were sometimes.

Hardscoping = exactly what a sniper is designed for.

RallyOrDie

A sniper in a video game is just a 1HK precision weapon.  If you are accurate and precise the weapon can be used how ever you want.  Hardscoping/quickscoping if you are good enough both are effective ways to use the sniper. 

Just as a pistol should have accuracy and damage penalties for long distance, a sniper should have the same for short distance.

Remember, a shotgun (short range OHK) will not even get a hitmarker at long range. For balance, it should be made extremely difficult for a sniper (long range OHK) to kill someone within 10m.

It should be skilfill for a sniper to kill an SMG at close range. In this game it is not.

Quickscoping is ridiculous and unfair. But yes, it is an effective way to play in this particular game.

RallyOrDie

I don't see snipers continuously betting SMGs upclose.  The day that a team of DSR-50s beats a team of Scorpions in any objective based gamemode, even KC, then I will consider them unfair.  The chances of that happening are very slim.

School holidays =/

Avoid Moshpit, Dom, and Demo.

Better still play Hardcore, you can Snipe properly til your heart's content over there without an 8 year old squeeling at you.

Bester1976

QSing's been around since CoD4 at least, and given 3arc's capitulation over BlOps1 around the issue it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Best defence against QSers in CoD4 was to fry their ass with the tube. Best defence agaisnt them in BlOps2 is just to hip fire the fcukers. QSing still isn't as fast as me shooting from the hip, particularly with something like the Skorpion.

SitRepPro

Bester1976 wrote:

Best defence against QSers in CoD4 was to fry their ass with the tube.

Or keep your distance and use LMGs like I did.  Ended up using two in an Overkill class.

Bester1976

Yeah, that's true - RPD + RD = hard time for QSers.

RPG used to work well as well. Given that you have to aim that you'd end up dying, but then take them out as well. Shame.

You could also use juggernog so that if was anywhere other than the head they were screwed as they weren't getting a second shot away before you riddled them with lead.

Finally, martydom - yeah, you got me, here's a surprise.

RallyOrDie

MW2's RPD was a beast.  I am really hoping that COD2013 has it. 

SitRepPro

I used Grip as perk 1, M60 for the common LMG and forget the third perk.  Wasn't a deathstreak perk since keeping my distance means they're useless until Vacant or Shipment showed up for selection.  I could put up with Vacant but never Shipment.  My second LMG was usually the M249 as it was quicker for me to swap weapons than to reload the M60.  And the M249 comes in handy in taking out a chopper.  I used the RPD for maps with longer sight lines like Ambush.

I use the skorpion all the time and too often killed by no scoping. Usually their first bullet is dead eye on target and that is enough to kill me at close range.

i am a beast at hard scoping

phxs72

People just get mad anytime anybody uses anything to kill them.  OHK weapons tend to induce the most rage but in reality it's just the fact that you killed them that gets them all worked up.  Instead of saying to themselves "well what could I do better next time to not get killed?", they tell you that you suck and hope that you will change your loadout to something that is better matched with the one that they are trying to use.  So basically, being told that "you suck" translates to "you just kicked my butt and I'm too lazy to or too incompetent to pull out a class that will counter what you are doing."  If you're lucky the same guy will keep coming at you and getting killed over and over again.

Bielsalmighty

OP, if someone screamed at you for Hardscoping, savour the moment. I love getting fan mail and causing ragequits (host dashes though, gaaaaaah). Keep on sniping mate, dont let the angry CoDgod wannabes bother you.

Brutalkillshots

Just Hardscoping or QSing would be stupid you need to use the right shot for the situation and you'll do ALOT better .

Someone screaming down the mic is way better than a K:D or W:L :D

oooCHRISPYooo

I use the Remmy and the crossbow to deal with snipers. I jump,duck,move side to side with the Remmy to deal with qs ers at close range. The crossbow works great for longe range. If you miss and get a hit marker from the explosion the sniper will usually duck or hide so, I fire the other 2 arrows and get them with the second explosion or they pop out to try and shoot me and get one in the head. Even if I get shot by the sniper I usually get an after death from both of us firing at the same time.

GHOSTandGALIL

I laugh when you hear the reactions when you're meant to play the sniper kit properly. They run down the long halls thinking someone with a dsr is going to try and quicks one them. Instead there is always one hardscoper.

Quick scoping and hardscoping? What is this madness, lol. It's sniping, if you're a good sniper you're going to have to face hardscoping and quick scoping. It's cod, you can't snipe like you can in battlefield. That's period right there.

GHOSTandGALIL wrote:

I laugh when you hear the reactions when you're meant to play the sniper kit properly. They run down the long halls thinking someone with a dsr is going to try and quicks one them. Instead there is always one hardscoper.

Quick scoping and hardscoping? What is this madness, lol. It's sniping, if you're a good sniper you're going to have to face hardscoping and quick scoping. It's cod, you can't snipe like you can in battlefield. That's period right there.

Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's Quickscoping.

Hardscoping isn't Hardscoping, it's Sniping.

That's period right there.

SitRepPro

GHOSTandGALIL wrote:

It's cod, you can't snipe like you can in battlefield. That's period right there.

You can quickscope in BF3 but it's just a lot tougher to do from what I've heard.  And the maps actually are larger than the size of a football pitch.  So there's marksmanship being rewarded.

KingKillerKvothe

I don't snipe much in BO2 because there arent many maps that are good for it, and i get bored sitting around waiting for an enemy at a certian area. the SVU shuold be removed or should have atleast as much recoil as the ballista (even though that is pretty small...) I play hard core most of the time so i have fun popping out with my assult rifle and drilling snipers in the head when they think they are being crafty but when i am snipping i like to aim my shot and ensure a 1 hit kill, and some of my scopes are so well centered that i guess you could consider it a 'quickscope'. I also like to add a challenge to snipping and use a semi-auto-pistol as my secondary (which i guess isnt as much of a challenge since i play hardcore).